Daily Topics - Wednesday August 1st, 2012

2 posts / 0 new

Catch The Thom Hartmann Program LIVE 3-6pm Eastern!

In for Thom today, please welcome progressive strategist & syndicated columnist Karl Frisch of Bullfight Strategies

Hour One: DNC to back marriage equality - Marc Solomon, Freedom to Marry

Hour Two: The world according to Chick-Fil-A... Jeremy Hooper, Good As You

Hour Three: ‘Always the Opposite of Obama’ is a Tricky Platform - Tina Dupuy, Soapblox

shawnt56's picture
shawnt56

Comments

Hey Thom

Listening to your 2nd amendment debate the other day. You said the right to keep and bear arms was not intended for protection from the federal government, but I found a publication that says it was. The 3rd edition of "The Meaning of the Constitution" authored by Holder & Holder, makes this claim on page 64. They reference U.S. v. Miller, 307 U.S. 174 (1939). I live in Texas, but I am able to listen to your show every day on XM radio (thank God for XM!) and was hoping to hear your take on this claim.

Bubba G's picture
Bubba G

Currently Chatting

Can Democrats Set Out a New Path?

Democrats must embrace a pro-government platform, not run away from it.

Those were the sentiments of Senator Chuck Schumer today, in a speech given at the National Press Club. Talking about the reasons for Democrats’ losses on Election Day, Schumer said that those losses were proof that the American people and middle-class want a government that will work more effectively for them.