Is the extreme rightwing groups part of the 99% ?

11 posts / 0 new

Being poor is reason for most of their positions,why cannot they see the 1% being the reason they`re poor? Maybe if the progressives learn the language of "ROMNEY-HOOD", they can make the extremist see the "TRUTH"!

tayl44's picture
tayl44

Comments

White supremacy groups, and the KKK and other rightwing terrorists, use the decline of middle class America and point the finger at immigrants, people with brown skin, and Jews as the cause of the decline. But the real cause for the decline of middle class America are rightwing policies including free trade, and tax policy that encourages greed and hoarding, and deregulation which has the effect of making fraud legal.

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76

I agree with you Phaedrus76. I would word it "corporate rightwing policies..." When the corporations got their politicians to pass legislation giving them taxbreaks to outsource jobs (thereby giving them more money, the M.O. of all their endeavors,) it became clear to me that the whole thing is way out of control.

dhavid

Bill Clinton has a role in this as well. I won't give him a pass.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

If individual effort and initiative, so-called "rugged individualism," is all that is needed for success, then why do these right wingers go in for social organizations, such as the KKK, skinhead groups, corporate or pseudo charitable PACS, ALEC, and so forth. If all you have to do to be blessed is to pray, you don't have to go to church to do that. These conservatives believe that they are so superior to everyone else that they don't need a congregation or felllow club members to back them up. Their ideology gives the distinct impression that they can do it all on their own, just like a superhero.

Robindell's picture
Robindell

Very similiar to the Chicago & LA street gangs.

Redwing's picture
Redwing

Not a bad analogy, but not exactly what makes the radical Right fringies tolerable. It is a pathological acting out of being "left out" of the dominant narrative. Like gangs. Even when we understand them, we don't want to have them around us or live in "their" world. Even if they are also the victims of things larger than themselves, there are some parts of reacting to "the Man" that are toxic to all who come in touch with it.

Like the "gangs" that roam in their financeer pirate craft under the flag of whatever despot will conspire with them. Or, like the pathology that forms "at the top" in empires where too much of everything at the expense of everybody else finally kills the host. Being "the Man" is worse than the worst toxic reaction to "the Man." Decline and fall, or just apocalyptic collapse? Pick one.

drc2

The bloods & crips did some work with the OWS/99%,i cannot see why the extremists groups cannot? I could imagine some have lost their jobs and homes?

tayl44's picture
tayl44

Were they the ones stealing laptops, raping, or crapping on police cars.

Redwing's picture
Redwing
Quote Redwing:

Were they the ones stealing laptops, raping, or crapping on police cars.

The Bloods and the Crips?

CIA and FBI Operatives would be a better option, in this regard. ( And the few fools who were dumb enough to follow them)

anonymous green

Red, do you don`t know what revolution look like? Do you want to know? You can bet FOX tv won`t be televising it.

tayl44's picture
tayl44

Currently Chatting

Time to Rethink the War on Terror

Thom plus logo

When Eric Holder eventually steps down as Attorney General, he will leave behind a complicated legacy, some of it tragic, like his decision not to prosecute Wall Street after the financial crisis, and his all-out war on whistleblowers like Edward Snowden.