GOP freshmen skinny-dipping in the Sea of Galilee

5 posts / 0 new

Politico is reporting that more than a dozen Freshman Republican lawmakers got tipsy and went swimming in the holy Sea of Galilee in Israel while on delegation last August. Republican Kevin Yoder from Kansas – who allegedly stripped naked before jumping into the sea that the Bible says Jesus walked on.

Yoder apologized to his constituents on Sunday saying he is, “I feel incredibly remorseful that I have caused embarrassment to my constituents and I have caused folks who believe in me to be disappointed.” Reports suggest that the FBI investigated the incident – and that the group of lawmakers was scolded by House Majority Leader Eric Cantor.

After all, nothing says Republican family values like getting drunk and skinny-dipping at a holy site.

Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture
Thom Hartmann A...

Comments

Romney and Ryan are killing old people, students, women, blacks, hispanics, education, Social Security, Medicare, teachers, unions, and the poor, and you dig up a year old non story about a REPUBLICAN swimming naked in the sea of Galilee Is this the best you have?

Redwing's picture
Redwing
Quote Redwing:

Romney and Ryan are killing old people, students, women, blacks, hispanics, education, Social Security, Medicare, teachers, unions, and the poor...

That's right Linda... Everyone... Linda is absolutely right.

-Montag

anonymous green

This was on the Today show, no digging required.

the group of lawmakers was scolded by House Majority Leader Eric Cantor.

unreported was the scold, "Guys, what about me? How come I wasn't invited? I can get nekked too, geezus"

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Just hope that they were all part of the Paul Ryan workout or "eeeewwwww."

drc2

Currently Chatting

Time to Rethink the War on Terror

Thom plus logo

When Eric Holder eventually steps down as Attorney General, he will leave behind a complicated legacy, some of it tragic, like his decision not to prosecute Wall Street after the financial crisis, and his all-out war on whistleblowers like Edward Snowden.