Grammar school

1 post / 0 new

http://www.grammarphobia.com/qa is a site I visit on occassion for my own education. The Q & A list is just one feature. #32 I sought because I saw a poster on this board use the phrase in question. #33 is actually a question I sent to the author by e-mail and got a personal response, I bought her "Woe is I jr" for my daughter's english studies, and really even an adult might find something useful in it.

We used to have a poster that would launch a word of the week, or some other etymology related topic.

English is an evolving language, the only ones not evolving are the dead languages. One died last year as the last person speaking it croaked.

btw, # 32 was the phrase 'I couldn't care less' vs 'I could care less' for meaning you don't care

the answer surprised me, they are equal. I would have argued with the teacher or professor about that, but as I said the language evolves.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Currently Chatting

Time to Rethink the War on Terror

Thom plus logo

When Eric Holder eventually steps down as Attorney General, he will leave behind a complicated legacy, some of it tragic, like his decision not to prosecute Wall Street after the financial crisis, and his all-out war on whistleblowers like Edward Snowden.