Hemp cars and other great uses for hemp! Let's change the logo!

8 posts / 0 new

http://www.biocompositecar.com/specs.html

The above link will take you to a website where a Canadian company has built and plans to market a hemp CAR. I wonder how the car holds up in crash testing. Henry Ford developed a car using hemp that was so strong he could pound it with a sledge hammer and it wouldn't dent! After viewing videos that have been posted on this website with regards to hemp I have come to the conclusion that we need to change the logo associated with the promotion of hemp ( not because I don't like it ) because of the association that a large majority of people make when they see a hemp/marijuana leaf. They think of lazy dirty hippies smoking pot for recreation and that turns them off right away and we really need those people to get on board with the program! I KNOW that is a big part of the problem why it has been so hard educating the public about the benefits of hemp and all it can do for us and why petitions are largely unsigned. People are afraid of being associated with marijuana because in most of the country it is against the law for one reason and the other is because they don't want to be associated with pot smoking hippies. We HAVE TO CHANGE THAT in order to make any progress! Thank you Ddc for all of your hard work to educate people about hemp and for opening my eyes to it's benefits.

Tell me what you think! We are missing out on so many benefits as has been brought to my attention. Let's change the image and we might actually get somewhere. That's my thought. What's yours?

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Comments

Challenge to the World...to Prove Us Wrong!
If all fossil fuels and their derivatives, as well as trees for paper and construction were banned in order to save the planet, reverse the Greenhouse Effect, and stop deforestation;

Then there is only one known annually renewable natural resource that is capable of providing the overall majority of the world's paper and textiles; meet all of the world's transportation, industrial, and home energy needs, while simultaneously reducing pollution, rebuilding the soil, and cleaning the atmosphere all at the same time…

And that substance is—the same one that did it all before—Cannabis Hemp…Marijuana!

Sponsored by: H.E.M.P. (America), Hanf Haus (Germany), Sensi Seeds/Hash Marijuana Museum (Holland), and T.H.C., the Texas Hemp Campaign (America).
For details contact Jack Herer’s organization, Help End Marijuana Prohibition (H.E.M.P.) / 5632 Van Nuys Blvd. #310 / Van Nuys, CA 91401

Hemp For Victory 1 & 2 Thom Hartmann

DdC's picture
DdC

I am one of the lazy dirty hippies smoking pot for recreation and it doesn't change one damn thing about Hemp. Not the nutritional value, tensile strength or organic ability to rid the planet of Monsanto poisons. If they are too stupid to realize a good thing when they see it. Off with their heads! Now my hemp blue jeans and shirt, hat, socks and my canvas shoes are going to fire one up.

Thank God for Hippies

When the crime is so minor, having marijuana, and the punishment is so unreasonable, taking people's homes and years of their lives, as well as a very real Twentieth century shunning, one is forced to look for deeper motives. I have come to believe that it is not the proscription of a substance but the systematic oppression of a certain kind of people. There have been a whole series of decisions made, on local, state and federal levels, to the effect that hippies, by which is meant any committed liberal persons, are undesireable and are to be banned, interdicted, harrassed, discouraged, arrested and pee-tested. It is a blatant use of police power to frighten and intimidate millions of people into giving up a heartfelt spiritual practice and lifestyle.

There are probably 25 million marijuana smokers in the United States alone, as well as millions more who if not smokers now, are still sentimental about it. The oppression to which I refer is for the purpose of keeping these millions of people off balance to minimize their political power. All those 500,000 pot smokers doing time are out of the political process, present but not able to vote. The urine test is the loyalty oath of the Nineties. The hippies are this season's Jews, this season's Reds...

Who are these people? We are the yeast that makes the dough rise. And it's not just us, there's been people like us for centuries. Before there were hippies, there were beatniks, before there beatniks, there were bohemians. The European counterculture ran away from Naz Germany. They brought hundreds of thousands of artists and musicians and writers into this country. Before that there were people like George Bernard Shaw and Voltaire and all the way back to Socrates. There have always been that fraction of people who have said, "I want to see the truth."

Stephen Gasken

DdC's picture
DdC

Thank God for Hippies

DdC's picture
DdC

Back to my point however.....we've got to change the image if we're going to make it happen! I believe in what you have preached regarding the huge potential of hemp to change our world but we have to be willing to do what it will take to wake up the public to what we have been denied and lied about in order to keep the oil & gas industry machine alive. Most people do not know the history (like I didn't) of hemp and all of it's benefits but they are also not open to education about it because of the poison they have been fed. A starting point for changing that in my opinion is first to change the logo's so that people believe this is something other than pot for recreation. I'm telling you I lived in communes in the 60's-70's. That's as far as I will confess but now I have to drug test for my job and couldn't possibly wear a marijuana tee shirt to work or I would have to pee in cup every single day! Can you relate to part of the problem now? Can you see we need to break down walls brick by brick and that would take first removing that which makes people run away from even looking or thinking about this! Chime in!

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

From an environmental angle, the most important thing to do with Cannabis right now is to grow it. Disregard the laws and just grow it. You don't ever have to look at it again. Just stick your finger in the ground, drop in a seed, pour a little water on it if you have some, and walk away. Nature will do the rest. Every plant that grows will take in CO2 from the atmosphere and produce clean oxygen. All plants do this. The taller and bigger the plant, the more it takes in. Oil, coal and natural gas can't do this.

Richard Nixon started the 'Drug War' in direct conflict with his own committee's recommendations put forth in the 1972 Shafer Commission report. The study was supposed to reveal that marijuana was truly as dangerous as the urban legends suggested. Instead, the committee said that punishments for users of the drug were more detrimental to society than the drug itself, and they urged it to be legalized. From 1972 to now, the US Federal government has fought a "war" against the very same plant that had been used by the military in every war until 1945. Think of all of that money wasted since 1972 trying to wipe out the same thing that has consistently protected our rights and freedom.

In 1916, twenty years before Marijuana was outlawed, the USDA reported in Bulletin #404 that one acre of marijuana/hemp plants can produce at least four times more paper, of better quality and with less pollution, than an acre of trees. This means that had Cannabis hemp never been outlawed, all of the world's forests that have been cut down for paper and lumber could still be in the ground, cleaning our environment.

Growing plants in public is a good way to remove the underground stigma surrounding Cannabis. City beautification projects and flower boxes around your towns are perfect. Honestly, anywhere that has dirt will work. Anyone can drop a seed in a hole, cover it up, maybe pour some water on it, and then leave, and then in maybe two or three weeks, someone else will walk by it and say, "Hey. Isn't that weed?"

This will get people thinking about it, talking about it, and hopefully learning about it. We can do this everywhere. All avenues toward social awareness are open to us. This is our Revolution. No guns or bombs, and entirely more effective. We will not overthrow the government. We will overgrow it. We will grow so much that the corporate agents in our government have no hope of ever destroying it all, and they will just have to legalize it. And then We the People will win.

JTaylor's picture
JTaylor

So we will have to change your name to JHempSeed :-) after (Johnny Apple Seed) :-)

Monsanto will wipe it out. It will make the goverment crazy trying to stop it from growing but that will not make the mass's fall in love with hemp and that is really what you NEED to do! I can appreciate your approach mentioned above but I still feel you need to get the average person educated about what we lost when it became illegal to grow. The average person DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT ALL THE GOOD THINGS HEMP WILL DO FOR US if the battle is won. They don't know that it can replace oil and that's a BIG ONE! Seriously if you don't want to keep beating a dead horse you truely need to educate the mass's. Maybe a new website can be set up as an experiment with a different look and feel than is usually used. Forget the 60's look with the marijuana leaf, promote the site as a completely environmentally clean eco-friendly safe alternative for oil and gas. Only bring in the word hemp when it is needed instead of being up front and in your face. I just think this is an idea that has not been tried and could possibly get more people on board.

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee
Quote JTaylor:From an environmental angle, the most important thing to do with Cannabis right now is to grow it.

Good idea, but remember ditchweed makes up most of the eradications, and several people are doing large time for nothing more than burlap. Hawaii was run out of business, Indians sovereignty edowed by the creator taken by the arbitrary and capricious D.E.A.th! This is how the slimy fascists operate. Now people are seeing the same Neocon flim flam across the board that Hempsters and Cannabists have been dealing with for decades. Fascism should be illegal.

Grow Your Own Hemp
With now legal industrial hemp licenses available in many countries around the world, Growing Your Own Home has never been easier!

Uses for Hemp youtube collection

Best soap I've ever used...

Dr. Bronner/Farmers Arrested Trying to Plant Hemp

The sovereignty enjoyed by Indian nations in the United States is inherent to the Indian tribes. This means that the Creator granted sovereignty to the tribes, not the federal government or the Congress.The federal government has acknowledged the inherent nature of tribal sovereignty in the U. S. Constitution.

The Ganjawar Comes to the The Rez
White Plume Hemp Crop Destroyed Again
When Alex White Plume planted a field full of industrial-grade hemp, he hoped that his crop might lift his family and community out of poverty. Then the DEA came to Pine Ridge.

Alex White Plume called it his "field of dreams": an acre and a half of plants so tall and strong they seemed to touch the sky; a crop representing hope for a new and self-sufficient life for his family, residents of the desperately impoverished Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota.

But on Aug. 24, 2000 at sunrise, just four days before White Plume and his neighbors planned to harvest their bounty, White Plume awoke to the sounds of helicopters. He looked out the window and saw a convoy of vehicles heading for his field.

He raced down to investigate, and was met by a slew of black-clad and heavily armed figures -- 36 agents from the Drug Enforcement Administration, the FBI, the Bureau of Indian Affairs, and the US Marshal's office.

When White Plume rolled down the window of his pick-up to ask what was going on, he says, one US marshal pointed a gun in his face. Meanwhile, the other agents chopped down each plant near the roots and hauled them away.

Alex White Plume's field after the raid.

You see, White Plume was growing industrial hemp, a botanical cousin of marijuana, in that field. According to tests conducted later by the BIA, White Plume's hemp contained only trace amounts of the psychoactive element THC. But U.S. drug laws do not distinguish between marijuana (which has a higher THC content) and other kinds of hemp, and growing either is illegal.

(Although, unlike its policies on marijuana possession federal law permits the possession or sale of mature stalks, fiber, and products made from hemp fiber and hemp seed oil; you just can't grow the stuff.)

Still, the raid at Pine Ridge wasn't your typical drug bust. The Oglala Sioux tribal government, which passed a resolution allowing White Plume to plant his crop, argues that the Fort Laramie Treaty of 1868 gave Pine Ridge absolute sovereign status as an independent nation. The BIA, however, says Pine Ridge enjoys only "limited" sovereignty: While the tribe has its own government, constitution, and laws, it is subject to some federal oversight. Continued...

* The Alex White Plume Story: Hemp at Pine Ridge
* Tribal Council Passes Hemp Ordinance - Rapid City Journal
* Lakota Ask U.S. Attorney to Stop Harassment
* Donated Truckload of Hemp Coming to Pine Ridge
* Lakota Using Hemp Fiber and Hurd in Homebuilding Project
* White Plume Family Plants Hemp Again in 2002 - Photo's
* Hemp Planters Hope 3rd Time's a Charm - Rapid City Journal
* White Plumes Relinquish Hemp Crop
* Sioux vs. DEA, Round Two
* Marijuana Crops Raided
* Tribe Gets Hemp Gift
* Give Us Back Our Hemp!
* The Drug War Comes To The Rez
* Cannabis News Search: Pine Ridge 8

Hemp, Hemp, Hooray? No Way, Says DEA
"It's an illegal crop, even though it's grown in 35 Western countries ... because the DEA is convinced it is a stalking horse for illegal marijuana. We've been working in a concerted effort for about eight years to legalize it as an alternative crop," said Glenn, who is vice chairwoman of the North American Industrial Hemp Council.

"I feel like I'm watching a goose dancing around on hot coals looking for a place to lay the golden egg," she said. "I really think there's going to be some hemp millionaires in the future."

Starving Babies and Illegal Food
☛ The hemp seed is the highest of any plant in essential amino acids and essential fatty acids. These essential fatty acids are responsible for our immune response...and contribute tomore disease resistance. (Hempseed Nutrition by Lynn Osburn).

☛ Hempseed was used to treat nutritional deficiencies brought on by tuberculosis, a severe nutrition blocking disease that causes the body to waste away. (Czechoslovakia Tubercular Nutritional Study, 1955.)

☛ Hemp seed protein more closely resembles that of the human body than soy; it is also easier to digest. Hemp contains a richer source of essential fatty acid oils than soy. These oils prevent heart disease and build the immune system. Hemp also resists UV-B light, which is a kind of sunlight that is blocked by the ozone layer. Soy beans do not take UV-B light very well. If the ozone layer were to deplete by 16%, which by some estimates is very possible, soy production would fall by 25-30%. We may have to grow hemp or starve -- and it won't be the first time that this has happened. Hemp has been used to "bail out" many populations in time of famine.

☛ Hemp grain is the most nutritionally complete seed on the planet for human consumption. Each hemp seed contains 25% protein. This protein is more easily digestible than the protein in soybeans because it contains a perfect ratio of essential fatty acids (EFA's). EFA's are important for strengthening your immune system and protecting you from disease. Fish oil and flax oil are also high in EFA's, but hemp contains the most perfect ratio of EFA's for human consumption. Hemp grain is also high in iron and calcium and is an excellent source of dietary fiber

☛ Ralph Loziers, general counsel of the National Institute of Oilseed Products, told the Congressional committee studying marijuana prohibition in 1937 that, Hemp seed is used in all the Oriental nations and also in a part of Russia as food. It is grown in their fields and used as oatmeal.

☛ Hemp seed oil has been called Nature's perfect blend of Essential Fatty Acids due to the large amount of these substances contained in the oil. Specifically Hemp seed oil has large amounts of Lineolenic (Omega-3), and Lineoleic (Omega-6) fatty acids. These are considered to be essential by nutritionists since humans are unable to synthesize them, thus they must consume them from an external source.

Czech's and Hemp

Quote MrsBJLee:I believe in what you have preached regarding the huge potential of hemp to change our world but we have to be willing to do what it will take to wake up the public to what we have been denied and lied about in order to keep the oil & gas industry machine alive.

Homegrown Carbohydrates or OPEC Hydrocarbons. Plastic from fossil fools or plastic from veggie oil is the choice. No brainer, no ConPromises! You just can't fix stupid with stupider. How can you ever convince someone of anything if they are willing to believe myth over tangible blue jeans or the big oil trolls over common sense. If these people can't understand simple basic reality. Then they will be left behind. The line it is drawn. The curse it is cast. The slow one now. Will later be fast. As the present now. Will later be past. The order is rapidly fadin’. And the first one now will later be last. For the times they are a-changin’.

Think of the message being sent to the kids?

FIBRE PLANTS -- HEMP, from The Children's Encyclopedia

A Brief Summary of the Uses of Hemp

Practical, inexpensive fire-resistant construction material, with excellent thermal and sound-insulating qualities, is made by heating and compressing plant fibers to creat strong construction paneling, replacing dry wall and plywood. William B. Conde of Conde's Redwood Lumber, Inc. near Eugene, Oregon, in conjunction with Washington State University (1991-1993), has demonstrated the superior strength, flexibility, and economy of hemp composite building materials compared to wood fiber, even as beams.

Isochanvre, a rediscovered French building material made from hemp hurds mixed with lime, actually petrifies into a mineral state and lasts for many centuries. Archeologists have found a bridge in the south of France, from the Merovingian period (500-751 A.D.), built with this process. (See Chenevotte habitat of Rene, France in Appendix I.)

Hemp has been used throughout history for carpet backing. Hemp fiber has potential in the manufacture of strong, rot resistant carpeting - eliminating the poisonous fumes of burning synthetic materials in a house or commercial fire, along with allergic reactions associated with new synthetic carpeting.

Plastic plumbing pipe (PVC pipes) can be manufactured using renewable hemp cellulose as the chemical feedstocks, replacing non-renewable coal or petroleum-based chemical feedstocks.

So we can envision a house of the future built, plumbed, painted and furnished with the world's number-one renewable resource - hemp.

HEMP "EATS" CHERNOBYL WASTE,
OFFERS HOPE FOR HANFORD
Central Oregon Green Pages
An explosion at a nuclear reactor on April 26th, 1986 in Chernobyl, Ukraine created the world's worst nuclear disaster - so far. The blast heavily contaminated agricultural lands in a 30 km radius around the reactor. The few people still living there must monitor their food and water for radiation. However the combination of a new technology (phytoremediation) and an old crop (industrial hemp) may offer the Ukraine a way to decontaminate it's radioactive soil. In 1998, Consolidated Growers and Processors (CGP), PHYTOTECH, and the Ukraine's Institute of Bast Crops began what may be one of the most important projects in history - the planting of industrial hemp for the removal of contaminants in the soil near Chernobyl.

Benefits of Cannabis: Acute radiation syndrome

High on Hemp
Cannabis/Hemp Links
Ganjawar in Everything

Hempfarm.org - Hemp Facts

A normal stand of 200 to 300 plants per square meter shades out weeds, leaving the fields weed-free at harvest and covered in leaves that improve the soil in a self-mulching eco-system. [xxi]
John W. Roulac, Hemp Horizon
The Comeback of the World’s
Most Promising Plant,
(Vermont: Chelsea Green Publishing, 1997), 11

The Great Book of Hemp

Industrial hemp can be grown on a wide variety of soil types, but tends to grow best on land that produces high yields of corn.
"Hemp Defined" North American Industrial Hemp Council (NAIHC)

Is hemp really stronger than wood?

☛ Environmentally, hemp is a safer crop to grow than cotton. Cotton is a soil-damaging crop and needs a great deal of fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides.
"Frequently Asked Questions about Cannabis Hemp" Brian S. Julin, 1994

☛ Cotton crops in the USA occupy 1% of the country&rsquos farmland but use 50% of all pesticides.
The Emperor Wears No Clothes, Jack Herer, 1993

☛ 1 acre of hemp will produce as much as 2-3 acres of cotton.
"Marijuana and Hemp: The Untold Story" Thomas Bouril, 1997

☛ Hemp planting reduces deforestation and improves the soil upon which it is grown.
"Hemp Horizons: The Comeback of the World's Most Promising Plant" John W. Roulac1997

Pro Life? Not even anti abortion
The study found strong evidence that a woman's exposure to pesticides in the three months prior to conception or in the month of conception significantly increased her risk of spontaneous abortion. Switching cotton fields to hemp fields would improve: the quality of our soil, the durability of our clothes, the safety of our ground source water, the quality of our air, and the preservation of forests cut for paper (not to mention saving hundreds of thousands of lives prematurely ended by disease caused by pollution) These pesticides wash into streams and rivers, destroying eco-systems and poisoning human water supplies. Today the water supplies of many large cities are contaminated. Many of the vegetables we eat and clothes we wear contain pesticide residues. Hemp is a perfect sustainable raw material for thousands of products. Textiles, cosmetics, building materials, fuel and food can all be made from hemp.

Delaypesticidalkillers.jpg

Quote MrsBJLee:The average person DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT ALL THE GOOD THINGS HEMP WILL DO FOR US

Oh Gilligan! White House responds to more petitions

The Corporate Muzzle
The Myth of "Liberal Bias" in the Media

Soros Monsanto Connection

DdC's picture
DdC

Currently Chatting

The world we're leaving for today's teens...

Without immediate global action on climate change, today's teenagers will be forced to live with the consequences of our inaction. The World Bank has issued their third report of climate change, and it says that global temperatures could rise by as much as 4 degrees Celsius by the time today's teens hit their 80th birthday.