I Saw "The Dark Knight Rises" Last Night...

7 posts / 0 new

Of course... it's a very good movie. Not long enough for me. There were a couple of lingering questions on the plot twists that could've been explained if given about 30 more minutes.

That's not what I am writing this for.

I couldn't help but to be on a state of "CONSTANT LOOK OUT!"

I couldn't help but to be alerted to the overwhelming LOUDNESS of the gun fire and explosions that were in the movie. Especially the 1st 20 minutes and the introduction of the character, Bane.

I had made up my mind when I first sat down, "if" some Ronald McDonald looking clown comes in and starts shooting... I'm heading straight for him!

A day later, I've realized that's the key to all of this craziness.

See... hiding behind something or hitting the deck "might" keep you alive. But the life you're going to live isn't up to par with the life you lead before the incident. Again, that's "if" you stay alive. If you are unarmed and hiding, when the BAD GUY with the gun finds you... you are going to die.

The ONLY choice you really have is to DEFEND yourself and the people around you. If you RUSH the enemy, it WILL slow the attacker(s) down so that someone else could "join in" and quell the situation. I know that this next statement may make you angry, but it is un-mistakenly true... the SAME goes if someone had a gun in that theatre. It may not have struck the attacker(s) dead because of their body armor... but it would've slowed him/them down so that the PEOPLE could better protect/defend themselves. It's a fact. If it's a fact that me sacrificing myself would aid in protection, then it has to be a FACT that a citizen with a gun would've slowed the rate of attack and provided protection. It's a fact, guys.

PLEASE, DEAR GOD, PLEASE LISTEN TO ME! I am not some "tough guy". But... DAMMIT! I wanna see BATMAN! OK?!? I want to LIVE my life! I don't want to be in fear 24 hours a day. So, in order to do this... I had to GAME PLAN a situation where I thought that if someone comes in, "this" is what I am going to do. Again, I am not some "tough guy". I am not saying that I can take down a guy with a gun. I AM saying that I can help take down a guy with a gun. I AM saying that I am willing to lay down my life for YOU.

If it means that we have to think about this type of situation and actually GAME PLAN it, then so be it.

This "game plan thought" has stayed with me. I actively thought that if a robber strikes while I was buying my pizza, "THIS" is what I am going to do. "THIS" is how I am going to respond.

Guys, if you aren't willing to lay down your life for ME... then the life that you are living isn't really "living". If you have to GAME PLAN a situation the next time your at a ball game, theatre, speech, whatever... then so be it. GAME PLAN a situation that is logical. It's my opinion that the only logic is to protect each other. By the time you side step your morals and your "fight or flight" response... YOU'RE DEAD! So the ONLY logic left, is to protect each other. By the time you WAIT for protection... YOU'RE DEAD!

We have to protect each other. Because no one else will. I have vowed that I will protect you in a social situation where there is an attacker/robber. I hope that you will vow to protect me.

If you want to go see BATMAN... GO! Don't let "fear" stop you from living. Go see it if you want to. It's a good movie. The one thing that you WILL be forced to do... is GAME PLAN what you're action will be.

You know what? GO SEE BATMAN if for nothing else... it STRENGTHENS our back bone! You will leave that theatre with a new found strength in KNOWING how you will react in a situation. It's unavoidable. You will be FORCED to hold your head up HIGH, KNOWING that you will protect your fellow human.

--------------------

For those of you that may be snickering at my "bravado"... FIRST, I'm not being brave. 2nd, You OBVIOUSLY haven't went to see the movie. For if you have... you will have went through the SAME mindset that I went through.

When people say to women that they CAN NOT ALLOW THEMSELVES TO BE PUT IN THE CAR of an attacker... that doesn't say that a woman has to be "brave". It's the ONLY thing that will ensure that she stays alive! There is no choice to make! DON'T GET IN THAT CAR!

Go see the movie. When you hear the LOUD machine gun fire in the first 20 minutes, you will be FORCED to have the emotion of EMPATHY. Because that's when 71 people were shot. Multiple more people were shot at. You will be FORCED to reconcile WHAT WOULD YOU DO in a similar situation.

I am confident that you will come to the same conclusion that I have come to. That is "WE" have to protect each other.

We are DANGEROUS IN A SWARM!

That goes for EVERYTHING! It's rarely that one thinks in those terms. I am glad that I have come to the conclusion that I have.

I am not being corny in saying that I will protect you. I hope that you will protect me. If you are able bodied, you should protect me. Thankfully, I am able bodied. I will protect you.

Human life is worth protecting.

By rushing the attacker... you are in essence, NOT getting in the attacker's car. If you get in that attacker's car... you're all but a goner. There really is NO other choice to make when you are really confronted with such a danger.

If you see me being attacked, protect me. I'll protect you the next time. If I see you being attacked, I will protect you. Next time, you'll protect me.

Fletcher Christian's picture
Fletcher Christian

Comments

Search: Jeet Kune Do.

It should be mandatory in every highschool.

JTaylor's picture
JTaylor

"If you end up in a gun fight, if you're not shooting,' you should be loading.'

If you're not loading', you should be moving', if you're not moving', you're dead."

In a life and death situation, do something. It may be wrong, but do something.

Redwing's picture
Redwing

Did it ever occur to you that the man who did the shooting may have thought he was in a life/death situation...which is why he went to the theater with a gun in the first place? He will have a reason that makes sense to him for doing that....whatever it may be.

Wacky actions have wacky thoughts behind them.

Perhaps if the nation had universal health care, he'd have been spotted in a routine Dr.'s visit years ago....treated...and the whole crazy shootings may never have happened.

We can feel reassured that though the WHO places the U.S. #1 in mental illness, Ukraine is rapidly catching up with us. We may drop to #2 in a few years without addressing anything..

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

polycarp2

Retired Monk - You're a good man.

But you've got this situation ALL WRONG.

Fletcher Christian

JTaylor - Self defense can also work if one DECIDES to be an aggressor. It comes down to "technique" and strength.

If anything "should" be mandatory... it's psychology. I'm talking REAL psychology! The reasoning WHY a 14 year old girl WANTS to have a baby and the reasoning WHY a 16 year old boy WANTS to procreate!

"WHY" we do the things that we do.

Essential understanding. Knowledge is key. If you have knowledge about a given subject, then you automatically have power of control over it.

Martial ARTS is just that... an ART form.

They call it a "DISCIPLINE" for a reason.

Fletcher Christian
Quote polycarp2:Perhaps if the nation had universal health care, he'd have been spotted in a routine Dr.'s visit years ago....treated...and the whole crazy shootings may never have happened.
Perhaps indeed. Its pretty widely reported that he was a patient of a University employed psychiatrist who allegedly notified the university's threat assessment team about him.

stwo's picture
stwo

Currently Chatting

The world we're leaving for today's teens...

Without immediate global action on climate change, today's teenagers will be forced to live with the consequences of our inaction. The World Bank has issued their third report of climate change, and it says that global temperatures could rise by as much as 4 degrees Celsius by the time today's teens hit their 80th birthday.