Letter to those who hate Obama more than they love America

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
loganonenation
loganonenation's picture

This is great stuff, as it pefectly characterizes the rabid right:

An open letter to the people who hate Obama more than they love America
by MinistryOfTruth (http://www.dailykos.com/user/MinistryOfTruth)

I meet you all the time. You hate Obama. You hate gay people. You hate black people, immigrants, Muslims, labor unions, women who want the right to make choices concerning their bodies, you hate em all. You hate being called racist. You hate being called a bigot. Maybe if you talked about creating jobs more than you talk about why you hate gay people we wouldn't call you bigots. Maybe if you talked about black people without automatically assuming they are on food stamps while demanding their birth certificates we wouldn't call you racist. You hate socialism and social justice. You hate regulations and taxes and spending and the Government. You hate.

You like war. You like torture. You like Jesus. I don't know how in the hell any of that is compatible, but no one ever accused you haters of being over-committed to ideological consistency. You like people who look like you or at least hate most of the things that you hate. You hate everything else.

Now, I know you profess to love our country and the founding fathers (unless you are reminded that they believed in the separation of church and state), but I need to remind you that America is NOT what Fox News says it is. America is a melting pot, it always has been. We are a multi-cultural amalgamation of all kinds of people, and yet you still demonize everyone who is not a rich, white, heterosexual christian male or his submissive and obedient wife.

You hate liberals, moderates, hell, anyone who disagrees with Conservative dogma as espoused by Fox News and Rush Limbaugh. You hate em.

Well, here are the facts, Jack. If you hate the Government then you are unqualified to manage it. If you hate gay people more than you love America than you should take your own advice and get the hell out. There are several countries that are openly hostile to gay people, but they are full of brown people and you don't like them much either from what I understand. It looks like you are screwed, but that's not what I am here to tell you.
Now that you have thrown everything and the kitchen sink at President Obama and it still hasn't worked you are panicking. Obama's approval ratings are still near 50% despite your best efforts to undermine the economy and America's recovery at every step you can. You tried to hold the American economy hostage to force America into default on its' debts, debts that YOU rang up under Bush, so you could blame it on Obama and it failed. You've used the filibuster more than any other Congress ever, going so far as to vote against providing health care access to 9/11 first responders. You remember 9/11, don't you, it's that thing you used to lie us into a war in Iraq, and then when Obama killed Bin Laden and ended the war in Iraq you told people that he hates America and wants the troops to fail. You monsters. You hate Obama with a passion, despite the fact that he is a tax cutting, deficit reducing war President who undermines civil rights and delivers corporate friendly watered down reforms that benefit special interests just like a Republican. You call him a Kenyan. You call him a socialist. You dance with your hatred singing it proudly in the rain like it was a 1950's musical.

Frankly, you disgust me. Your hatred nauseates me. Your bigotry offends me. Your racism revolts me.

Dear haters, I am openly questioning your patriotism.

I think you hate gays, Obama, black people, poor people, all of us, women, atheists and agnostics, Latinos, Muslims, Liberals, all of us, I think you hate every one who isn't exactly like you, and I think you hate us more than you love your country.

I think you hate gay soldiers more than you want America to win its wars.

I don't even think you want America to win wars, you just want America to have wars, never ending wars and the war profiteering it generates. You love that kind of spending, you love spending on faith based initiatives and abstinence based sex education (George Carlin would have loved that one), you love spending on subsidies for profitable oil corporations, you spend like drunken sailors when you are in the White House, but if it is a Democrat then suddenly you cheer when America doesn't get the Olympics because it might make the black President look bad. But oooh you love your country, you say, and you want it back. Well listen here skippy, it isn't your country, you don't own it, it is our country, and America is NOT the religiously extremist Foxbots who hate science, elitist professors and having a vibrant and meaningful sex life with someone we love if Rick Santorum doesn't approve of it. Rick Santorum isn't running for America's fucking high school dance chaperone, he should probably just shut the hell up about sex, but he can't because he has nothing else to run on.

Republicans can NOT win on the issues. They've got NOTHING. All they have is a divide and conquer class war that pits ignorant racist and bigoted people against the rest of us in a meaningless battle of wedge issues and the already proven to fail George W. Bush agenda again of tax cuts for the rich, deregulation, privatization and war profiteering and nothing else, so all they can do is blame black people, gays the government, anybody and everyone else for their own failings. The party of personal responsibility, my ass.

But they love multi-national corporations, just ask a gay hating and racist religious extremist if they think Corporations are people and they will gladly agree, but if you ask them if gay people are people they aren't so sure.

Dear haters, you are the cruel, heartless misinformed assholes who would sell America out to Haliburton in a heartbeat, you would rather pay ZERO taxes than you would see a newly born baby get access to quality health care, you cheer when we discuss denying health care to young people with preventable diseases, and you boo when we discuss the First Ladies plan to cut back on childhood obesity. You are a cross to carry and a flag to wrap yourself in away from being the people who Sinclair Lewis warned us about, but I guarantee that if Fox News told you to dress that way you would, because you are the same blind, ignorant and closed minded dunces who drove this country into a civil war years ago because you are bound to the notion that some men are more equal than others. In short, the reason I proudly wear my union army hat is because of seditious sell outs like you who constantly fuck over working class Americans so a foreign entrepreneur like Rupert Murdoch can get a bigger tax break. If corporations are people, they are neither American patriots nor capable of love. Just like you.

So stop wearing your hate with pride. Stop celebrating your anti-science, anti-math ignorance. Stop using code words to mask your bigotry like "family values", especially when you hate my family and when you stand on the same stage as a guy who has had three marriages or if you share a seat in the Senate with a guy who cheated on his wife with hookers while wearing diapers. You should be ashamed. I know that you are just doing this to motivate your misinformed hate cult base because if they actually knew that your ideas will make them poorer than they are now, they would never vote for you. You are doing your best to impoverish your countrymen so rich people can get bigger tax breaks and you can keep on delivering corporate welfare to the special interests who have bribed you, and I am disgusted by the way you gleefully parade your hatred with aplomb. I don't think you do love America. At least, not as much as you hate everyone in America who isn't exactly like you.

You should think about that, and maybe get some help.

And for the record, I do not hate you. I am embarrassed by you and nauseated by your cruel and thoughtless behavior and your all consuming greed, but I do not hate you. I forgive you and I hope you can change someday, but I don't hate you. You have enough hate in you for the rest of us as it is.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/01/09/1053088/-An-open-letter-to-the-people-who-hate-Obama-more-than-they-love-America

 

Comments

Capital1
Capital1's picture
Wow...  he's just all full of

Wow...  he's just all full of hate and discontent. 

polycarp2
What about those who love

What about those who love Obama more than they love America? Aren't they in the same category as those who love Romney more than they love America?

"Those who exploit do so through layers of deceit. They hire charming and eloquent interlocutors. How many more times do you want to be lied to by Barack Obama? What is this penchant for self-delusion that makes us unable to see that we are being sold into bondage? Why do we trust those who do not deserve our trust? Why are we repeatedly seduced? The promised closure of Guantanamo. The public option in health care. Reforming the Patriot Act. Environmental protection. Restoring habeas corpus. Regulating Wall Street. Ending the wars. Jobs. Defending labor rights. I could go on" - Chris Hedges

. http://www.truthdig.com/report/page2/time_to_get_crazy_20120702/

"Obama’s once inspiring call for hope has degenerated into a flight from responsibility.  The Obama administration has worked to extend the policies of the George W. Bush administration by legitimating a range of foreign and domestic policies that have shredded civil liberties, expanded the permanent warfare state, and increased the domestic reach of the punitive surveillance state. And if Romney and his ideological cohorts, now viewed as the most extremists faction of the Republican Party,  come to power, surely the existing totalitarian and anti-democratic tendencies at work in the United States will be dangerously intensified" - Henry A. Giroux 

http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/08/27/authoritarian-politics-in-the-age-of-casino-capitalism/

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

Bush_Wacker
Bush_Wacker's picture
I think that too many people

I think that too many people are expecting perfection in an unperfect world.  It's a carrot on a stick.  Look at the issues and weigh the possible solutions and vote for whoever or whatever you feel is the best direction in obtaining the solutions.  It's not going to be anywhere near perfect.  I believe that Obama offers more in terms of solutions than Romney by a long shot.  I'll vote Obama knowing that the perfect candidate isn't out there.

norske
norske's picture
Much like the US itself...

Much like the US itself... the ideals which people ascribe to Obama are vastly overwhelmed by the reality which is Obama...

(Hopeless: Barack Obama and the Politics of Illusion) by Jeffrey St. Clair and Joshua Frank

"The genius of our inverted totalitarian system "lies in wielding total power without appearing to, without establishing concentration camps, or enforcing ideological uniformity, or forcibly suppressing dissident elements so long as they remain ineffectual. A demotion in the status and stature of the 'sovereign people' to patient subjects is symptomatic of systemic change, from democracy as a method of 'popularizing' power to democracy as a brand name for a product marketable at home and marketable abroad. The new system, inverted totalitarianism, is one that professes the opposite of what, in fact, it is. The United States has become the showcase of how democracy can be managed without appearing to be suppressed.""

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=9031

delete jan in iowa
norske wrote: Much like the

norske wrote:

Much like the US itself... the ideals which people ascribe to Obama are vastly overwhelmed by the reality which is Obama...

(Hopeless: Barack Obama and the Politics of Illusion) by Jeffrey St. Clair and Joshua Frank

"The genius ........ to be suppressed."

Chris, has it become your mission in life to demoralize people?  Are you going to keep posting this same stuff until everyone here starts crying in an utter sense of helplessness?

sheep4thom
sheep4thom's picture
Why cant you love America &

Why cant you love America & not endorse Obama?   Why are the two mutually exclusive?

norske
norske's picture
sheep4thom wrote: Why cant

sheep4thom wrote:

Why cant you love America & not endorse Obama?   Why are the two mutually exclusive?

Apparently... authoritarianism isn't limited to the right wing...

"They are highly submissive to established authority, aggressive in the name of that authority and conventional to the point of insisting everyone should behave as their authorities decide. They are fearful and self-righteous and have a lot of hostility in them that they readily direct toward various out-groups. They are easily incited, easily led, rather un-inclined to think for themselves, largely impervious to facts and reason and rely instead on social support to maintain their beliefs. They bring strong loyalty to their in-groups, have thick-walled, highly compartmentalized minds, use a lot of double standards in their judgments, are surprisingly unprincipled at times and are often hypocrites."

http://truth-out.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=6651:the-right...

http://members.shaw.ca/jeanaltemeyer/drbob/TheAuthoritarians.pdf

noparty
What a silly posting.   

What a silly posting. 

 

drc2
Far from it.  Loganonenation

Far from it.  Loganonenation has produced a useful rant and venting.  Cap, it is not an objective piece, it is about dealing with the cynical, lying crap coming from those who brand themselves as conservatives.  I share the weariness dealing with "conservatives" who claim not to be Bush/Cheney supporters or who use "independent" to hide their nostalgic regret about all these new people on the block.  The Romney/Ryan ticket is a particularly cynical expression of deceit; but the Libertarian outliers on the Right have been useless in the critique of empire and its triumph.

I ran into an "independent" whose hatred of Obama had nothing to do with Poly's balanced analysis of history and political possibilities in imperial times.  This poor excuse for a human just hated the Black Guy and wanted a pass on all the ugly homophobia and racism of the Republicans.  She is still going to vote for Romney.  A woman, not just one of my kind, and so fucking racist that she cannot see her own myopia.  Well, of course she can't.

I don't settle for polite tolerance with this shit any more.  I will tell someone like her that I don't wish to continue to disrupt the larger event, but that I am still offended by her putrid prejudices.  She cannot fire me, and I hope she stays out of the rooms I am in.  Anyone who believes in "reaching across the aisles" is a fool.  On the other hand, Cap and I had a couple of beers together in a friendly situation.  We even talked civily about our differences.  

loganonenation
loganonenation's picture
Enough already.  All I ask is

Enough already.  All I ask is for the GOP to stop running against a straw man.  Can't it find REAL OBAMA POLICIES to rail against?  Why do Romney and Ryan feel the need to MAKE UP Obama policies out of whole cloth -- like the claim that he's gutted the the work requirement from welfare (a stupendous lie)? 

The reason is because Obama's REAL POLICIES have been sensible, centrist and yes, leaning conservative, when they haven't been blocked by intransigent/unreasonable opposition.  Hard to argue against them if you're a conservative.  So the solution is to make crap up and argue against that.  What an incredible insult to the American people.

polycarp2
The slow approach of Obama

The slow approach of Obama toward's implimenting conservative goals isn't seen as quick enough. That's really the main objection the far right has to Obama.

Obama's approach is more sensible. People will accept a generational change, lowering living standards, etc.  Each new generation won't miss what they never had. It's easier to maintain social tranquillity that way. Each loss is seen as minor when over time, it's huge.

When I was a young man just out of high school, I earned minimum wage...and bought a house, a new sportscar and furniture for the home...all in the same year. It was common to do that. Had their been an abrupt change in that, people would have raised hell. Over time, change passes un-noticed.

Most Americans have no clue what this nation used to be like under a liberal government. Min. wage earners today don't toddle off to buy a house and easily afford the payments. People earning  double the min. wage don't vacation in Europe or Tahiti. Under a liberal government, they did both.

Obama's approach to conservatism is....conservative.

Obama governs to the right of Republican Pres. Eisenhower. Over the generational time-frame, he now appears as a liberal. In Ike's day, Obama would have been too conservative even for Republicans to nominate.

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

 

Capital1
Capital1's picture
drc2 wrote: Far from it.

drc2 wrote:

Far from it.  Loganonenation has produced a useful rant and venting.  Cap, it is not an objective piece, it is about dealing with the cynical, lying crap coming from those who brand themselves as conservatives.  I share the weariness dealing with "conservatives" who claim not to be Bush/Cheney supporters or who use "independent" to hide their nostalgic regret about all these new people on the block.  The Romney/Ryan ticket is a particularly cynical expression of deceit; but the Libertarian outliers on the Right have been useless in the critique of empire and its triumph.

I would deem it more a useless rant but useful venting. 

That is who Romney should have picked...  Cheney.  ;-P

Quote:
 I ran into an "independent" whose hatred of Obama had nothing to do with Poly's balanced analysis of history and political possibilities in imperial times. This poor excuse for a human just hated the Black Guy and wanted a pass on all the ugly homophobia and racism of the Republicans. She is still going to vote for Romney. A woman, not just one of my kind, and so fucking racist that she cannot see her own myopia. Well, of course she can't.

Seriously....  Do people like that really exist in Oregon,  let alone Portland.....  She just hated the Black Guy because she full of Homophobia and racism.   Frankly it sound like a convenient caricature.  Personally I would love to meet someone like that just to know they exist in nature and not a figment of the imagination. 

Quote:
I don't settle for polite tolerance with this shit any more.  

Because impolite intolerance is WAY BETTER. 

Quote:
 On the other hand, Cap and I had a couple of beers together in a friendly situation. We even talked civily about our differences. 

There is hope in this world .   You broke bread (in liquid form) with the Infamous "L" word.  and No Kittens were sacrificed.  We should risk fate again someday.   

 

 

Capital1
Capital1's picture
loganonenation wrote: Enough

loganonenation wrote:

Enough already.  All I ask is for the GOP to stop running against a straw man.  Can't it find REAL OBAMA POLICIES to rail against?  Why do Romney and Ryan feel the need to MAKE UP Obama policies out of whole cloth -- like the claim that he's gutted the the work requirement from welfare (a stupendous lie)? 

I am mortified....   Politicians being Political.   It's like something right out of Revelations

Quote:
Hard to argue against them if you're a conservative.

interesting statement

norske
norske's picture
loganonenation wrote: Enough

loganonenation wrote:

Enough already.  All I ask is for the GOP to stop running against a straw man.  Can't it find REAL OBAMA POLICIES to rail against?  Why do Romney and Ryan feel the need to MAKE UP Obama policies out of whole cloth -- like the claim that he's gutted the the work requirement from welfare (a stupendous lie)?

Kind of difficult for Republicans to criticize Obama for acting like a conservative... continuing and in many cases greatly expanding upon the neoliberal policies of his predecessors... so of course they have to make things up.

loganonenation wrote:
The reason is because Obama's REAL POLICIES have been sensible, centrist and yes, leaning conservative, when they haven't been blocked by intransigent/unreasonable opposition.

With all due respect... not sure the people being tortured, indefinitely detained, prosecuted for telling the truth, bombed into the dark ages, wiretapped, assassinated etc. etc. would agree with you...

Twenty Examples of the Obama Administration Assault on Domestic Civil Liberties

https://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/12/01-7

http://progressivealaska.blogspot.com/2012/02/glenn-greenwald-on-obamas-...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2012/jan/02/ndaa-hist...

The system is rigged. Doesn't seem to matter if the president is a dullard and a psychopath... or a genious and Constitutional scholar... the results are largely the same...

The US exists to make the world safe for maximum exploitation and wealth extraction by the corporate elite for the corporate elite... the Dims just make it a little more palatable for their base...

douglaslee
douglaslee's picture
Norske's last sentence is

Norske's last sentence is true. Difficult to put in a party platform, but still the essential belief,.especially  for foxbrains [oxymoron?] 'We want it all' is a bumper sticker, and Kochs have said this out loud, and quoted in Greg Palasts' 'Best Democracy you can Buy'.

The late great Chalmers Johnson wrote of it in the link Norske posted previously.

Quote:

There are, however, a few attempts at more complex analyses of how we arrived at this sorry state. They include Naomi Klein, The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism, on how "private" economic power now is almost coequal with legitimate political power; John W. Dean, Broken Government: How Republican Rule Destroyed the Legislative, Executive, and Judicial Branches, on the perversion of our main defenses against dictatorship and tyranny; Arianna Huffington, Right Is Wrong: How the Lunatic Fringe Hijacked America, Shredded the Constitution, and Made Us All Less Safe, on the manipulation of fear in our political life and the primary role played by the media; and Naomi Wolf, The End of America: Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot, on Ten Steps to Fascism and where we currently stand on this staircase. My own book, Nemesis: The Last Days of the American Republic, on militarism as an inescapable accompaniment of imperialism, also belongs to this genre.

We now have a new, comprehensive diagnosis of our failings as a democratic polity by one of our most seasoned and respected political philosophers. For well over two generations, Sheldon Wolin taught the history of political philosophy from Plato to the present to Berkeley and Princeton graduate students (including me; I took his seminars at Berkeley in the late 1950s, thus influencing my approach to political science ever since). He is the author of the prize-winning classic Politics and Vision (1960; expanded edition, 2006) and Tocqueville Between Two Worlds (2001), among many other works.

His new book, Democracy Incorporated: Managed Democracy and the Specter of Inverted Totalitarianism, is a devastating critique of the contemporary government of the United States -- including what has happened to it in recent years and what must be done if it is not to disappear into history along with its classic totalitarian predecessors: Fascist Italy, Nazi Germany and Bolshevik Russia. The hour is very late and the possibility that the American people might pay attention to what is wrong and take the difficult steps to avoid a national Gtterdmmerung are remote, but Wolin's is the best analysis of why the presidential election of 2008 probably will not do anything to mitigate our fate. This book demonstrates why political science, properly practiced, is the master social science.

Wolin's work is fully accessible. Understanding his argument does not depend on possessing any specialized knowledge, but it would still be wise to read him in short bursts and think about what he is saying before moving on. His analysis of the contemporary American crisis relies on a historical perspective going back to the original constitutional agreement of 1789 and includes particular attention to the advanced levels of social democracy attained during the New Deal and the contemporary mythology that the U.S., beginning during World War II, wields unprecedented world power.

He has noted numerous figures trying to sound the alarm, so all  hope is not  dead, just on life support.