Mitt + Ryan = Koch Brothers Dream Ticket!

45 posts / 0 new

By now you've probably heard the news: Mitt Romney selected Paul Ryan as his running mate.

If you believe that billionaires deserve even more tax breaks, that abortion and some forms of birth control should be criminalized, that Medicare should be gutted, and that too many students are able to afford college, then congratulations: the Romney-Ryan ticket is perfect for you!

If not, watch out. Mitt Romney has once again caved to the extreme right of his party, choosing a Tea Party darling willing to push corporate America's agenda at all costs. Even Newt Gingrich called Paul Ryan's plan to end Medicare as we know it "right-wing social engineering."

Make no mistake: this is the Koch brothers' dream ticket.

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Comments

Why is adherence to the Constitution extreme?

Pan Dulce's picture
Pan Dulce

Who's adhering to the Constitution?

JTaylor's picture
JTaylor

Mitt Romney pandered to the extreme right and announced Paul Ryan as his pick for vice president this morning, guaranteeing that this election will be about tax cuts for the rich, & ending Medicare.
Ryan is a rock star for Republicans, the lead architect of the radical right-wing budget that Republicans are pushing in Congress. A budget that calls for:

• Huge new tax cuts for the super rich on top of extending the Bush tax cuts
  • Turning Medicare into a voucher program
  • Making massive cuts to vital programs like Medicaid, food stamps, Pell Grants, and job training
  • New increases in military spending -- even as President Obama ends two wars

Let me put this as simply as I can: Paul Ryan is the author of everything we've been fighting against in Washington since Republicans took control of the House -- and now Mitt Romney wants him to be vice president.

No way. We need to beat these guys --

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

By "extreme right" you mean very correct? Sorry.

Why do you say tax cuts for the rich? The top 1% pays 47% of income taxes. Why wouldn't their fair share be 1%?

We do need massive cuts across the board. We can't afford to keep spending like we are doing.

The super rich are those that provide the jobs. I don't understand why all of us can't keep what we earn without the envious wanting what the other has.

Shouldn't spendng within our means be what you want MrsBJLee?

Micromanaging and funding your life is not the role of the national government.

Pan Dulce's picture
Pan Dulce

No one is adhering to it. Maybe we need to go back to the Declaration and see what we do in this situation.

Pan Dulce's picture
Pan Dulce

When the left talks about tax cuts they count it as governmental spending, because they consider 100 percent of your pay theirs to divide up as they please. They allow you to keep some of it any you should be thankful for what they allow you to keep.

workingman's picture
workingman

Pan Dulce: If you think it is bad now, just wait until Hartmann starts his rants on this ticket. The misinformation is flying now and when their fearless leader pops his head up and enters the fray it will take two boards to hold all the lies. Fiscal responsibility has never been a word in the progressive vocabulary. It will be fun to see Paul Ryan present his program in front of the American public instead of the BS lies that I have seen written on this board today. If Ryan doesn't scare the crap out of them they would be totally silent right now.

Remember,

Republicans always sign their checks on the front.

Democrats always sign their checks on the back.

Get the popcorn and coke.

Redwing's picture
Redwing

That's a good one Redwing. I can't wait. Paul Ryan is goint to be the best thing to happen to this country in a long time. The progressives are scared.

Pan Dulce's picture
Pan Dulce

So long as Mittens Rmoney and Eddie Munster Ryan are honest about their budget and tax plans, no porgressive in America has a thing to worry about.

I feel very good knowing that every senior citizen will get to hear all about Eddie Munster's budget plan for Medicare vouchers, and shifting costs from the govt to seniors. Or, do you think there is a chance Eddie will not be truthful?

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76

One thing that people are overlooking is that any changes made will not affect those older than 55 years of age. The throwing granny over the cliff is just so much B.S.

Pan Dulce's picture
Pan Dulce

Please tell us all about the vouchers. When would they start, and would you get to select which plan you choose to be on?

Are the current seinors even affected by this plan at all?

Redwing's picture
Redwing

Seniors will not be affected at all. That would not even be fair.

Pan Dulce's picture
Pan Dulce

Much ado about nothing, the choice of VP will not decide this race. The truth is that out of the 130 million that will cast their ballots this November only 1-2 million will decide this race. Thats the number of undecideds there are in the swing states of Ohio, Iowa, New Hampshire, Virginia, Florida, Colorado, and Nevada. And they have not started to pay attention to this race. And they will not care about who the VP is.

Mauiman2's picture
Mauiman2

Please tell us all about the vouchers. When would they start, and would you get to select which plan you choose to be on?

Please tell us all about it Phadrus76.

Redwing's picture
Redwing

Mauiman2, True to a point. Ryan takes a ho-hum ticket to anything but ho-hum. He is the perfect compliment. More than the undecideds will be affected. This nakes for a clear choice from Obama that will have supporters defecting.

Pan Dulce's picture
Pan Dulce

The vouchers do include links to groupon deals for IAMs gourmet catfood, and special recipes for casseroules incorporating their product. IAMs is highend, soufflees can be done as well.

The expected increase if they want to keep MA plan, that's medicare advantage, the increase is 600 dollars per year. Or 50 per month. 1.66 per day

Because of the tax cut for the wealthy was about 250,000 dollars they can now buy a car as a corporation does with a tax credit. The car is actually free and the credit pays them to buy the car. All they have to do is use the car to take their maid's mothers and fathers that are on medicare to the pet store for their weekly food shopping. It gets written off with the special code called the derby dance named after Ann's dressage deduction.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

I DON'T THINK SO PAL! Even though I am not exactly happy with everything that Obama has done I am NOT going to defect and watch our country turn into a 3rd world country where there are only 2 classes of people.....extremely rich and dirt poor!

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee
Quote Pan Dulce:

Mauiman2, True to a point. Ryan takes a ho-hum ticket to anything but ho-hum. He is the perfect compliment. More than the undecideds will be affected. This nakes for a clear choice from Obama that will have supporters defecting.

You speak as if Romney's policies were not already a 'clear choice' from Obama.

Yet, despite this, his poll numbers are falling steadily.

How is it that this 'bold' choice will make any Obama supporter defect?

Ryan is a kid in a reality show that is just for show, dress up, and pretend 'tea parties'.

Please pass the mercury, the nitrates in these dogs are awesome, bro'!

anonymous green
Quote douglaslee:

The vouchers do include links to groupon deals for IAMs gourmet catfood, and special recipes for casseroules incorporating their product. IAMs is highend, soufflees can be done as well.

The expected increase if they want to keep MA plan, that's medicare advantage, the increase is 600 dollars per year. Or 50 per month. 1.66 per day

Because of the tax cut for the wealthy was about 250,000 dollars they can now buy a car as a corporation does with a tax credit. The car is actually free and the credit pays them to buy the car. All they have to do is use the car to take their maid's mothers and fathers that are on medicare to the pet store for their weekly food shopping. It gets written off with the special code called the derby dance named after Ann's dressage deduction.

You could discontinue social security so americans could save and invest their money their way. This would alloe americans to retire with way more of their money than they will ever get from the government.

workingman's picture
workingman
Quote anonymous green:
Quote Pan Dulce:

You speak as if Romney's policies were not already a 'clear choice' from Obama.

Yet, despite this, his poll numbers are falling steadily.

How is it that this 'bold' choice will make any Obama supporter defect?

Ryan is a kid in a reality show that is just for show, dress up, and pretend 'tea parties'.

Please pass the mercury, the nitrates in these dogs are awesome, bro'!

Actually the poll numbers for both of them have been rock steady, even when you thought one or the other would get a bounce. No gain for Romney when Scott Walker kept his job and no gain for Obama when the Supreame Court gave him his victory. Very strange.

Haven't seen anything to tell if Romney's VP selection will budge the numbers one way or another, but my bet is that it will have zero effect. We'll see.

Mauiman2's picture
Mauiman2

Many of the recent polls show that democrats were oversampled to get a result that would try to create the impression that the president is surging so jump on the band wagon.

I am looking forward to the debate between Biden and Ryan. Who is going to be the grownup in that room?

Pan Dulce's picture
Pan Dulce

To anonymous green's point, you are right that it was already a clear choice but now the discussion will be forced into dollars and cents. The president is on the losing end of that argument.

The national government needs to go back to it's enumerated powers and leave the rest to the states. You want someone to hold your hand from cradle to grave? Get your state to do that for you.

Pan Dulce's picture
Pan Dulce
Quote Pan Dulce:

To anonymous green's point, you are right that it was already a clear choice but now the discussion will be forced into dollars and cents. The president is on the losing end of that argument.

The national government needs to go back to it's enumerated powers and leave the rest to the states. You want someone to hold your hand from cradle to grave? Get your state to do that for you.

OK, then we should raise the taxes on the wealthy in each State, like rolling back property taxes in CA to pre-Prop 13 levels.

Either way you do it, the rich who profiteered their pirate ships to Glory under a fascist Bush regime are going to pay and pay and pay.

Romney and his dainty tea party. They did build that!

Too bad it's as phony as the WMD all our kids died for.

What's wrong with you right wingers, anyway?

You are what you eat, so you're empty inside.

Don't worry you won't hardly feel it when,

They tell you it's time to roll over again.

Cuz you're brainwashed!

B B b b b brainwashed!

anonymous green

Given how much the Republican party says one thing and does the exact opposite, why do Republican voters still think that a Mormney/Rand Paul Ryan ticket is going to be any different?

JTaylor's picture
JTaylor

anonymous green, if those in the several states elect to unfairly tax the wealthy, why not? That is the way it is supposed to work. They may leave your state as a result for a more favorable business environment.

I am no Bush fan. I wrote against him. He just carried the big government torch for eight years and now Obama is running with it. That's better?

The argument should not be Democrats vs Republicans but rather big government vs limited government.

The tea party is a mindset of founding principals. Don't confuse Romney with the tea party. They have little in common. Now, Paul Ryan is closer but, in my opinion, he is not really tea party either.

I am a teacher so I am not rich but I believe that I don't have any moral right to what belongs to someone else. What can be right about mugging a rich peson using Washington as my gun.

Who is brainwashing me? The Declaration and the Constitution are my guide to government.

Who is brainwashing you?

Pan Dulce's picture
Pan Dulce
Quote Pan Dulce:

anonymous green, if those in the several states elect to unfairly tax the wealthy, why not? That is the way it is supposed to work. They may leave your state as a result for a more favorable business environment.

I am no Bush fan. I wrote against him. He just carried the big government torch for eight years and now Obama is running with it. That's better?

The argument should not be Democrats vs Republicans but rather big government vs limited government.

The tea party is a mindset of founding principals. Don't confuse Romney with the tea party. They have little in common. Now, Paul Ryan is closer but, in my opinion, he is not really tea party either.

I am a teacher so I am not rich but I believe that I don't have any moral right to what belongs to someone else. What can be right about mugging a rich peson using Washington as my gun.

Who is brainwashing me? The Declaration and the Constitution are my guide to government.

Who is brainwashing you?

The choices you present, big or small government, are false choices, narrowed down to black or white.

Real life is different.

In real life, some people are destitute, and some are unfathomably rich.

The Constitution did not beg for this situation, neither did the Declaration.

In fact, they speak against it.

Give the ones who will see tomorrow, what you gathered by your grave.

Tax the wealthy's income, and take at least half back when they die.

Otherwise, the poor will ravage your little pyramid, dig up your body, defile it, and steal everything you tried to take with you to the promised land.

anonymous green

Why do Republican voters keep talking about "unfairly taxing the rich" and "taking something that doesn't belong to you"? The rich have been unfairly taking from you for years, keeping you and everyone like you poor, and you defend them? Why? The Republican Teabagger party has said outright that they want to disband the Department of Education and they're trying to close as many public schools as possible so that hillbillies can fill their kids' heads with ridiculous garbage like, "Humans rode around on dinosaurs," and TEACHERS are defending this?

How is it "unfair" to tax the wealthy to pay for the general welfare, but it's not unfair for the wealthy to buy politicians and implement fascist/corporate rule over our supposedly free society?

JTaylor's picture
JTaylor
Quote Pan Dulce:

Who is brainwashing you?

Pan, just realize that anomymous green just posted one of the most ignorant and irresponsible posts about the Chevron fire in Richmond, CA that I have ever seen. This person obviously does not want to be confused by any facts, so you can't take ANYTHING seriously from this person.

Mauiman2's picture
Mauiman2

anonymous green, There have alway been the very poor and the very rich. This situation existed when this country was born. In 1776 there were the very rich and the very poor. What the Declaration speaks to is your individual sovereignty and your inherent right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

This is where the train has run off the tracks. The state government should be the venue for all the wealth distribution you want within your state.

I believe in charity but forced charity is not charity. By the way, it was the church that used to bestow charity and people in need accepted it with humility. The government is a much less efficient way to do this - and no humility is required!

Today, we have 107 million people benefiting from some form of federal welfare not including Medicare or Social Security. Show me where in the Declaration or Constitution this activity is supported.

Pan Dulce's picture
Pan Dulce
Quote Mauiman2:

Pan, just realize that anomymous green just posted one of the most ignorant and irresponsible posts about the Chevron fire in Richmond, CA that I have ever seen. This person obviously does not want to be confused by any facts, so you can't take ANYTHING seriously from this person.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/08/06/chevron-refinery-in-richmond-catches-fire/

Chevron spokeswoman Heather Kulp, however, said at a 5 a.m. news conference that officials were conducting a controlled burn.

anonymous green
Quote Pan Dulce:Today, we have 107 million people benefiting from some form of federal welfare not including Medicare or Social Security. Show me where in the Declaration or Constitution this activity is supported.

What is the Republican alternative? "Cut everyone off and let them fend for themselves"? "Let the free market decide who eats or not"? Conservatives are never phased by the contradictions in their thinking. Republicans can't vote to ban abortion and then cut the single mother's off of welfare and food stamps. That's just cruel. Conservatives try constantly to force through laws that prevent all young women from having a choice over pregnancy, regardless of if the poor girls were raped, and then tell them to deal with it on their own. That is not what Jesus would do.

Republicans have done the same thing to our veterans. "Support our troops!" in whatever useless corporate endeavor, and then when the soldiers come back broken in mind and body, they have no jobs, no homes and no help because Conservatives don't want to pay for other people, and when those soldiers off themselves or someone else in a depressed stupor, the Religious Right condemns them to Hell for their sins. There's no compromise.

JTaylor's picture
JTaylor
Quote Pan Dulce:

Today, we have 107 million people benefiting from some form of federal welfare not including Medicare or Social Security. Show me where in the Declaration or Constitution this activity is supported.

It's in the Welfare clause, generally, although you and your ilk would now debate the meaning of welfare.

Let's instead debate the meaning of a 'controlled burn', and the meaning of arson, the meaning of price fixing.

Did Jack ask Jill if she wanted to go up the hill?

What hill was it?

How big was the pail?

Let's keep it real, we had a 'game-changing', bold choice thrust upon us recently, can't you see every word has a new meaning now. America will never be the same again, and all the old argumants have to be re-thunk.

I'm sure you agree.

Linda, what do you think?

anonymous green
Quote Pan Dulce:

By "extreme right" you mean very correct? Sorry.

Why do you say tax cuts for the rich? The top 1% pays 47% of income taxes. Why wouldn't their fair share be 1%?

We do need massive cuts across the board. We can't afford to keep spending like we are doing.

The super rich are those that provide the jobs. I don't understand why all of us can't keep what we earn without the envious wanting what the other has.

Shouldn't spendng within our means be what you want MrsBJLee?

Micromanaging and funding your life is not the role of the national government.

The top 1% receive more than 47% of all income. Why wouldn't their fair share be more than 47% of taxes?

How do YOU know that we can't afford to keep spending the way we do?

The super rich control the system so that they are the ones to provide the jobs. Otherwise the not so rich would be able to start businesses more easily and therefore provide jobs. Either way, there are no jobs without a demand for products or services from the 99%.

Governments of a fiat monetary system don't work anything like a household budget. I won't waste my time explaining it.

I'm 52 years old and the government has never micromanaged or funded my life because it's not the role of the government.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker
Quote Redwing:

The vouchers would start in 7 or 8 years. The deep cuts to Medicaid are immediate, which will shutdown most hospice and elder care facilities overnight.
As for which plan to choose, none exist.

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76

JTaylor,

How could more than one third of our population be in such poor shape that they have to have their hand out? In this country, people eat too much. We are fat and rely on the government to make us that way. People that can't afford steak should not expect someone else to buy it for them. Eat beans and rice until you can afford steak.

Why do you think that person A has a right to something that belongs to person B just because person A wants or needs it?

People make mistakes but they also need to be responsible for them too. There is no excuse to kill someone because it is a choice even in the case of rape. That person deserves his or her life too.

Jesus would have us be responsible for our actions and He would also have the others in that person's life be supportive of them. Killing children is not would Jesus would advocate. The government would have no role in Jesus' view except maybe to provide some kind of safety net. Family and church should be the first source of help.

I think your characterizations of what a conservative would do is inaccurate. People need to be compassionate. The national government should not be in the compassion business. Perhaps your state government should - but not the national government. There is no provision in the Constitution for this kind of big government.

Pan Dulce's picture
Pan Dulce
Quote anonymous green:
Quote Mauiman2:

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/08/06/chevron-refinery-in-richmond-catches-fire/

Chevron spokeswoman Heather Kulp, however, said at a 5 a.m. news conference that officials were conducting a controlled burn.

This is true, they could not isolate the fire, so they contained it. This happens from time to time. But you accused Chevron of arson.

That is totally irresponsible, you don't make thzt charge without proof. And there is no proof because there was no arson.

Mauiman2's picture
Mauiman2
Residents said they heard loud blasts around the time the fire broke out, although Chevron officials could not confirm those reports.
Refinery fire? What refinery fire? Are you talkin' to me?

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Ryan "I promise you this, We won't duck the tough issues" translation we will screw the poor whether they like it or not, and when it still doesn't work we'll make more people poor, and screw them, because screwing the poor works, I read about it.

Concerned about the poor? Teach them skills to screw each other and others and they won't be poor.

Q: What about the entrepenuers that deal drugs and are self sufficient, don't seek any public aid, look after family and friends, is that what you mean?

A: No nO NO...they are a natural resource for government funded subsidized prison farms and concentration camps, we cannot favor one business over another. We're not in the practice of picking winners and losers.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee
Quote Pan Dulce:JTaylor,
How could more than one third of our population be in such poor shape that they have to have their hand out?

Because 1% of the population hoards nearly half of the total wealth.

Quote Pan Dulce:In this country, people eat too much. We are fat and rely on the government to make us that way. People that can't afford steak should not expect someone else to buy it for them. Eat beans and rice until you can afford steak.

When a person needs to eat (that's every day according to most nutritionists), they need money to buy food. When their job is keeping their wages low and not paying any health benefits in order to maximize record-breaking corporate profit, it pretty much guarantees that people need extra help to keep up with the standard of living. It is in the interest of "promoting the general welfare" that we have food stamp programs. So that people can eat, and not starve like so many millions of people do in poorer countries.

Quote Pan Dulce:Why do you think that person A has a right to something that belongs to person B just because person A wants or needs it?

Because person B has more than they will ever need, and they use their excess to influence the passage of laws that protect their excess while persons A, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L and everyone else go without.

Quote Pan Dulce:People make mistakes but they also need to be responsible for them too. There is no excuse to kill someone because it is a choice even in the case of rape. That person deserves his or her life too.

A girl getting raped isn't a "mistake." And it may seem like a grand notion, but it's really not: a fertilized egg is not a human child. And if it's not your egg, you have absolutely no say whatsoever in what happens to it. The Church is against abortion because of an ancient idea that more people having more babies means more Christian soldiers for their Holy Crusade against everyone else. It doesn't have anything to do with "compassion." It has to do with greed, like everything else that the Church does. Jesus would rather live in a world where compassion is made law before individual greed.

Quote Pan Dulce:Jesus would have us be responsible for our actions and He would also have the others in that person's life be supportive of them. Killing children is not what Jesus would advocate. The government would have no role in Jesus' view except maybe to provide some kind of safety net. Family and church should be the first source of help.

Religious types always want to talk about what Jesus would do, and everything they say he'd do is so far removed from who Jesus actually was. Jesus would not support the death penalty (cast the first stone), Jesus would not support tax cuts for the rich at the expense of the many (camel through the eye of a needle), Jesus would not support endless, unwinnable war, etc. Jesus would not be a Republican. To paraphrase Gandhi, "I like Christ but I don't like Christians because they are so unlike Christ."

Quote Pan Dulce:I think your characterizations of what a conservative would do is inaccurate. People need to be compassionate. The national government should not be in the compassion business. Perhaps your state government should - but not the national government. There is no provision in the Constitution for this kind of big government.

I know what conservatives do. I see it every single day. You want the states to help people instead of the Federal government? Fine, let the states do it. But Republicans aren't voting for the states to do it. Republicans are voting to cut all benefits to everyone because of their own selfish greed. No Federal help for the needy, and no state help, either. Republicans want to keep more of their own money - more than they already have - and everyone else be damned. The Church will take care of everyone? "Sure, you want a hot meal and a warm bed, you just have to pray to our God." That's not American and that's not Christ-like. If Jesus comes back (he won't), the first thing he would do is destroy the Church that proclaims avarice a sin from their golden palace in Rome.

JTaylor's picture
JTaylor
Quote Mauiman2:
Quote anonymous green:
Quote Mauiman2:

This is true, they could not isolate the fire, so they contained it. This happens from time to time. But you accused Chevron of arson.

That is totally irresponsible, you don't make thzt charge without proof. And there is no proof because there was no arson.

There was proof when Chevron brought an assassination unit to their Oil rig in Africa, and used it.

They said "Kiss my Ass!"

National Kiss My Ass Month, August

anonymous green
Quote anonymous green:
Quote Mauiman2:
Quote anonymous green:
Quote Mauiman2:

There was proof when Chevron brought an assassination unit to their Oil rig in Africa, and used it.

They said "Kiss my Ass!"

National Kiss My Ass Month, August

Can't comment about what happened in Africa, I don't know anything about it. But you lost all credibility with me when you accused Chevron of arson in the recent fire, so now every claim you make has to be taken with a huge grain of salt. People who mis represent the facts once will do it again, and I doubt if you are an exception to that rule.

A person of credibility does not accuse anyone of arson unless they have smoking gun evidence of it. Chevron had to let that fire burn because they could not cut off the fuel supply (diesel) to that fire for whatever reason. A valve probably failed, or perhaps they could not get to the shut off valve due to the fire. No matter, they had nothing to gain by letting that fire burn.

But you would not want to let any facts get in the way of your tirade against them now would you?

Mauiman2's picture
Mauiman2
Quote Phaedrus76:So long as Mittens Rmoney and Eddie Munster Ryan are honest about their budget and tax plans, no porgressive in America has a thing to worry about.

I feel very good knowing that every senior citizen will get to hear all about Eddie Munster's budget plan for Medicare vouchers, and shifting costs from the govt to seniors. Or, do you think there is a chance Eddie will not be truthful?

I agree that honesty will help seniors decide.

Of course, in the name of honesty, progressives will also tell seniors that the ACA will cut $700+ billion from Medicare payments. And will explain the findings of THE BOARDS OF TRUSTEES, FEDERAL HOSPITAL INSURANCE AND FEDERAL SUPPLEMENTARY MEDICAL INSURANCE TRUST FUNDS .

It is important to note that the improved outlook for the HI trust fund depends in part on the feasibility of the productivity adjustments to payment updates for hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies, and hospice care organizations. There is a significant likelihood that these providers would not be able to reduce their cost growth rates sufficiently during this period to match the slower increases in Medicare payments per service, in which case they would eventually become unable to continue providing health care services to Medicare beneficiaries.

And, of course, progressives will honor the concept of honesty by not leaving out what the Medicare Chief Actuary has to say.

In practice, providers could not sustain continuing negative margins and, absent legislative changes, would have to withdraw from providing services to Medicare beneficiaries,...

The immediate physician fee reductions required under current law are clearly unworkable and are almost certain to be overridden by Congress. The productivity adjustments will affect other Medicare price levels much more gradually, but there is a strong likelihood that, without very substantial and transformational changes in health care practices, payment rates would become
inadequate in the long range.

I like this honesty proposal of yours. I suggest both campaigns engage in it.

Paleo-con

With Ryan, you are going to lose the AARP vote. I'm not sure if he gains any votes for the repubs because the Tea Party was voting for Romney anyway.

DynoDon

Ryan’s proposal, which will get new scrutiny now that Romney has made him his running mate, would end the current Medicare program for everyone born after 1956. It would replace Medicare with a system in which beneficiaries would receive a set amount of money from the government every year to buy coverage from private insurers. That money would go straight into insurance companies’ bank accounts, which would make them far richer and even more in control of our health care system than they already are.

While the amount of money beneficiaries would receive would depend on their health status, the average 65-year-old would get $8,000 under the Ryan plan in 2022, the year it would take effect. That’s the amount the current Medicare program is expected to spend on the average 65-year-old that year. After 2022, the annual increase in the “premium support” payments would be based on the consumer price index (CPI). And therein lies one of the biggest problems for anyone hoping to live long enough to enroll in Medicare and stay alive for a few years.

Last month the government reported that the consumer price index had increased 1.7 percent between June 2011 and June 2012, meaning we’ve been paying on average 1.7 percent more this year than last year for goods and services. The cost of medical care, however, shot up 4.3 percent — more than two and a half times the CPI. And that was not an aberration. The cost of medical care has been rising faster than the cost of just about everything else in this country for years. That’s one of the reasons why private health insurance premiums have been increasing so rapidly. That and the fact that insurance corporations have to report a big enough profit every quarter to satisfy their shareholders and Wall Street analysts.

http://wendellpotter.com/2012/08/rep-ryans-budget-plan-is-a-path-to-the-poorhouse/

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

Currently Chatting

Green World Rising

In two previous videos narrated by Leonard DiCaprio and available over at GreenWorldRising.org, we’ve seen the dangers that global warming and climate change present for our planet and the human race.