My evening with DRC

2 posts / 0 new

For the First time since I came to this board so long ago. I have never personally met a Thomhartmann Lefty. Tonight I meet DRC in person. While being appropriately vague on his real identity, He plays Flute (very well I might add) in a Jazz band. I had a great evening of Music and engaging conversation between sets. While we rarely ever agree on….. anything. I’ve always believe you can measure a person by looking in his eyes while he saying it. I look into his eyes and found him a man of conviction and intelligence. I still didn’t agree with much nor understand even half. But I have a new respect for him.

Thanks for meeting me DRC, even after you knew who I really was. I’ll try to get Slabmaster to Portland for drinks and BBQ someday.

Capital1's picture
Capital1

Comments

I am not at all surprised. For someone whose deep passion for politics is only eclipsed by his passion for humanity, I can't imagine too many people coming away from that experience with different results. As DRC said (paraphrase) somewhere on this site: "getting to know someone as a person with commonality is the best path to an honest political dialogue." My aplogies to DRC for any butchering of his statement taken straight from my memory which ain't my best asset.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood

Currently Chatting

The other way we're subsidizing Walmart...

Most of us know how taxpayers subsidize Walmart's low wages with billions of dollars in Medicaid, food stamps, and other financial assistance for workers. But, did you know that we're also subsidizing the retail giant by paying the cost of their environmental destruction.