President Obama is going to have an uphill battle to fight for re-election

126 posts / 0 new

A University of Colorado election model has predicted that Mitt Romney will win the presidency in November – and here’s the thing: that election model has been right 100% of the time – correctly picking the winner of the last eight presidential elections.

To make matters worse, the election model doesn’t even factor in the radical Voter ID laws that have been passed in several states that will disenfranchise millions of Democratic voters – or the billions that people like Karl Rove, Sheldon Adelson, and the Koch brothers plan to throw into the election to defeat the President. It’s time for progressives to get to work and organize – or a Romney/Ryan White House is very likely come next year.

Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture
Thom Hartmann A...

Comments

Don't listen to the study.

Damn the turpitudes.

Fools peed on our heads.

Vote Obama.

anonymous green

Romney or Obama... doesn't really matter as the US will continue to wreak havoc upon the rest of the world slaughtering innocent people, using drones to bomb wedding parties, torture, rendition... all for maximum corporate profit and rewarding the 1% while punishing the 99%...<

norske's picture
norske

A Romney victory wouldn't be all bad. The nation would simply have a full blown economic collapse sooner rather than later with the Dems. Both parties have adopted neo-liberalism. It brought down Chile. It brought down Argentina. It bankrupted Ireland and Greece where living standards have plummeted, etc., etc...

Maybe we ought to just get economic collapse over with and be done with it so we can finally move on to something better.

Maybe we could move on to something better soon enough that we won't have to deal with a merging of economic, resource and environmental collapse all at the same time. One at a time is more than enough to deal with.

No matter which party wins, Dems or Repugnants, we all lose. I know most don't see it that way. The day will come when they will. Even the Greeks and Spanish finally got that their two major parties sold them out in favor of finance and a very, very few.

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

polycarp2
Quote norske:Romney or Obama... doesn't really matter as the US will continue to wreak havoc upon the rest of the world slaughtering innocent people, using drones to bomb wedding parties, torture, rendition... all for maximum corporate profit and rewarding the 1% while punishing the 99%...<

There isn't much that I approve of in President Obama's first term, mostly because he puts up with the Republican filibusters, but the statement that a Mormney Presidency will be the same as Obama's second term is downright ludicrous. If you thought that George W. Bush was bad, try being apathetic in November. Sit on your hands and let Mitt Mormney and Paul Ayn win.

You will see the United States of America fail in every way possible, even more than under Bush. The Project for a New American Century (Norquist, Rove, DeLay, etc.) detailed its plans back in '97, and other right-wing "think"-tanks have adopted and have been expanding on those plans ever since. Every horrible thing that happened to us under George W. Bush - including 9-11 - was just the beginning of the PNAC's restructuring of America (and the rest of the world). If a Republican gets back in charge, they will force through the rest of their sick agenda and We the People of the United States of America (and the rest of the world) will be thoroughly F*****D.

JTaylor's picture
JTaylor
Quote JTaylor: If a Republican gets back in charge, they will force through the rest of their sick agenda and We the People of the United States of America (and the rest of the world) will be thoroughly F*****D.

Well... pretty sure the rest of the world... at least the rest of the world which the US invades, tortures, assassinates (when not assassinating its own citizens) bombs their families into oblivion, detains indefintely... are convinced that they are already "F*****D"

Such abhorrent and terrorist activites have INCREASED under Obama...

While some issues around the edges may improve somewhat under Obama... the CORE problems inherrent with Pax Americana will continue on steroids....

Sometimes voting for the lessor evil becomes the greater evil...

norske's picture
norske

I'm amazed at the nihilism shown here. Are all of you trolls?

Or is nihilism the new intellectuaslism?

Either way, I won't be following the rats off the ship.

Damn the turpitudes.

anonymous green

What are we supposed to do?

The political system is corrput, we all know that.

What solutions are you offering?

The country is in a very bad place and we need some innovative thinking to solve this problem.

Are we going to suck it up and work to change the political system or what?

Seems like the "conservatives" are well on their way to changing things the way they want it, what do the rest of us want?

delete jan in iowa
Quote norske:
Quote JTaylor:If a Republican gets back in charge, they will force through the rest of their sick agenda and We the People of the United States of America (and the rest of the world) will be thoroughly F*****D.

Well... pretty sure the rest of the world... at least the rest of the world which the US invades, tortures, assassinates (when not assassinating its own citizens) bombs their families into oblivion, detains indefintely... are convinced that they are already "F*****D"

Such abhorrent and terrorist activites have INCREASED under Obama...

While some issues around the edges may improve somewhat under Obama... the CORE problems inherrent with Pax Americana will continue on steroids....

Sometimes voting for the lessor evil becomes the greater evil...

I'm not saying that Obama is wonderful, make no mistake about that. On the first day, he should have cancelled every policy that Bush put in place but he didn't. He kept most of the policies and, as you point out, escalated quite a few of them. This pattern of behavior indicates that he is not the Champion of the People that we were sold in 2008. I seriously doubt that he will be that champion in his second term, as well.

But the idea that President Mitt Romney would be anywhere near as good as President Barack Obama is just absurd. As bad as President Obama's first term has been for the People, Mitt Romney's first term would be unimaginably worse.

I've stated numerous times to the point of being annoyingly repetitious that the legalization of marijuana will transfer the power of production and the majority of the world's wealth from the current oligarchy back to the working class in general. If money is power, then the legalization of marijuana will give the People more power. That's why it was outlawed in the first place.

Until Cannabis Sativa is legalized again, our government - both Democrats and Republicans - will continue to answer to corporations instead of the People. It has become so bad that our government now openly calls corporations "people" so as to justify this practice.

It is doubtful that the legalization of Cannabis Sativa will happen under President Obama, but it certainly will never happen under President Romney or anyone else in the Rove/Norquist Republican party.

JTaylor's picture
JTaylor
Quote jan in iowa:

What are we supposed to do?

The political system is corrput, we all know that.

What solutions are you offering?

I understand that there are those who believe in working within the current two party oligarchy will eventually change things for the better. That if only rational conservatives were able to overtake the GOP and progressives were able to overtake the Democratic Party things would be better. I don't see it myself but I wish them the best and do what I can on a local level to make things better. When things in the US become too stressful... I bail to Norway...

"There are no excuses left. Either you join the revolt taking place on Wall Street and in the financial districts of other cities across the country or you stand on the wrong side of history. Either you obstruct, in the only form left to us, which is civil disobedience, the plundering by the criminal class on Wall Street and accelerated destruction of the ecosystem that sustains the human species, or become the passive enabler of a monstrous evil. Either you taste, feel and smell the intoxication of freedom and revolt or sink into the miasma of despair and apathy. Either you are a rebel or a slave.

To be declared innocent in a country where the rule of law means nothing, where we have undergone a corporate coup, where the poor and working men and women are reduced to joblessness and hunger, where war, financial speculation and internal surveillance are the only real business of the state, where even habeas corpus no longer exists, where you, as a citizen, are nothing more than a commodity to corporate systems of power, one to be used and discarded, is to be complicit in this radical evil. To stand on the sidelines and say “I am innocent” is to bear the mark of Cain; it is to do nothing to reach out and help the weak, the oppressed and the suffering, to save the planet. To be innocent in times like these is to be a criminal. Ask Tim DeChristopher. "

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/the_best_among_us_20110929/

http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/11032-truthout-interviews-chris-hedges...

norske's picture
norske
Quote JTaylor:

[

Until Cannabis Sativa is legalized again, our government - both Democrats and Republicans - will continue to answer to corporations instead of the People.

While I agree that marijuana should be legalized and all drugs be decriminalized... fascinating that you continue to posit such a solution as the be all and end all it never can be...

norske's picture
norske
Quote norske:

I understand that there are those who believe in working within the current two party oligarchy will eventually change things for the better. That if only rational conservatives were able to overtake the GOP and progressives were able to overtake the Democratic Party things would be better. I don't see it myself but I wish them the best and do what I can on a local level to make things better. When things in the US become too stressful... I bail to Norway...

I agree with Chris Hedges that we must peacefully resist, seems like the most logical and effective thing to do right now. Just like the wing nuts who have taken over the republican party, progressives can take over the democratic party. Unless we amend or rewrite the Constitution the two party system is the game we're playing here. However, nothing will really change until we change/modify our economic system, which will really be the big battle.

norske..... I'm surprised and disappointed that you would simply "bail to Norway".... seems like a cowardly thing to do leaving all those who are unable to simply "bail" to suffer, sacrifice and clean up the mess. Why not stay and resist with the rest of us?

delete jan in iowa
Quote norske:
Quote JTaylor:Until Cannabis Sativa is legalized again, our government - both Democrats and Republicans - will continue to answer to corporations instead of the People.

While I agree that marijuana should be legalized and all drugs be decriminalized... fascinating that you continue to posit such a solution as the be all and end all it never can be...

I'm not saying that legalizing marijuana is a "be all, end all" solution to every problem on Earth. Marijuana has only been illegal since the end of World War II. Before that, there was still war. So legalizing marijuana isn't going to automatically create some grand utopia where everyone wears flowers in their hair and racism is ended.

What I am saying is that legalizing marijuana can reverse our current rapid downfall. The amount of money spent in total by the US Federal government to try to sway public opinion against marijuana is a small investment compared to the unbelievable profits that can be gained in the monopolized fossil fuel industry. Because the extraction and production of fossil fuels can be controlled, the wealth stays within a very few individuals. In the words of Jean Paul Getty, "The Meek shall inherit the Earth, but not its mineral rights."

When we legalize marijuana again - we've legalized it twice in our history, in 1619 and again in 1942 - because of advancements in mechanical processing of hemp, hemp will replace fossil fuels for the world's energy and that immense wealth tied to the oil and coal industries will no longer go to multinational corporations. It will go to the farmers and the field workers and the People.

This is true. This will happen. Knowing that this will happen, the corporate whores in government forced a ridiculous ban on the world's most industrious agricultural commodity. So that we would all have to stay addicted to oil, and all of the profits would continue to flow to the corporations and their puppets in government. FUEL runs our economy. Whatever kind of fuel it is, without fuel for machines and factories, etc., there is no transportation or electricity. Fuel is our means of production. Whoever controls the production of that fuel will profit substantially, especially if that fuel is hard to come by like fossil fuels. But fuel does not have to come from beneath the ground in the Middle East. There would be plenty of fuel to go around if we allow it to grow again.

The marijuana debate is not about legalizing drugs. It is about who controls the means of production for society- the 1% like they do now, or the 99% like we should have done in 1937 if the 1% hadn't made "Marihuana" illegal.

JTaylor's picture
JTaylor
Quote jan in iowa:

norske..... I'm surprised and disappointed that you would simply "bail to Norway".... seems like a cowardly thing to do leaving all those who are unable to simply "bail" to suffer, sacrifice and clean up the mess. Why not stay and resist with the rest of us?

We all do what we are able to do. I've been beaten, sprayed and arrested for proetesting peacefully numerous times. I do what I can do. When it becomes too much to bear I leave for Norway or parts unknown to recuperate and recharge. Then I return and start anew. If acting thus seems "cowardly" to you... so be it...

FWIW... voting for Obama seems cowardly to me....

norske's picture
norske
Quote norske:
Quote jan in iowa:

We all do what we are able to do. I've been beaten, sprayed and arrested for proetesting peacefully numerous times. I do what I can do. When it becomes too much to bear I leave for Norway or parts unknown to recuperate and recharge. Then I return and start anew. If acting thus seems "cowardly" to you... so be it...

FWIW... voting for Obama seems cowardly to me....

I get the need to recharge, everyone needs that from time to time. Thanks for explaining further.

And, if voting for Obama seems cowwardly to you.... so be it

delete jan in iowa

The levels of agent-provocateurs in America are amazing, and so many people buy into it.

Already here, everyone has agreed that Obama has rendered more people to Guantanamo, done more waterboarding, and taken the Bush fascism to new heights...

What the hell is wrong with Americans today?

Now Norske calls us cowards for voting for the president that saved the country, just as he leaves for Norway to relax.

Do any of you appreciate the mess Bush left for us to clean up? Do any of you appreciate the obstructionist policies in the House that prevented any real change, and further poisoned our economy?

Most of you seem to enjoy pontificating on nihilism.

If you are right, what's the freaking point in saying anything at all.

The point is that what you see here is psy-ops, meant to wear down the left, anger them, monkeywrench their plans.

It's Nixon turned up to eleven, and Rove playing guitar.

Go spit.

anonymous green
Quote anonymous green:

The levels of agent-provocateurs in America are amazing, and so many people buy into it.

Already here, everyone has agreed that Obama has rendered more people to Guantanamo, done more waterboarding, and taken the Bush fascism to new heights...

What the hell is wrong with Americans today?

Now Norske calls us cowards for voting for the president that saved the country, just as he leaves for Norway to relax.

Do any of you appreciate the mess Bush left for us to clean up? Do any of you appreciate the obstructionist policies in the House that prevented any real change, and further poisoned our economy?

Most of you seem to enjoy pontificating on nihilism.

If you are right, what's the freaking point in saying anything at all.

The point is that what you see here is psy-ops, meant to wear down the left, anger them, monkeywrench their plans.

It's Nixon turned up to eleven, and Rove playing guitar.

Go spit.

AMEN Brother!

delete jan in iowa

It doesn't matter if Romney or Obama wins these things will still happen -

Cuts to social security and Medicare, increases in health care costs

Endless empire building and war, especially thru the CIA

Offshore and Artic drilling, xl pipeline built,fracking

More power to wall street, more free trade deals, more secrecy

More violent police actions against peaceful protesters and OWS

Federal debt as far as the eye can see leading to decreased social services

In fact the Obama Admn is pushing ALL of these policies, just as Romney will. Thom should interview Greg Palast about his new book - billionaires on both sides fighting it out while the average person has no representation in Washington dc - hedge funders on one side and the old money cartel corps on the other - with We The People squished in the middle.

Disaster is the only future we'll get following either of the 2 main parties -

Scappoose's picture
Scappoose
Quote Scappoose:

It doesn't matter if Romney or Obama wins these things will still happen -

Cuts to social security and Medicare, increases in health care costs

Endless empire building and war, especially thru the CIA

Offshore and Artic drilling, xl pipeline built,fracking

More power to wall street, more free trade deals, more secrecy

More violent police actions against peaceful protesters and OWS

Federal debt as far as the eye can see leading to decreased social services

In fact the Obama Admn is pushing ALL of these policies, just as Romney will. Thom should interview Greg Palast about his new book - billionaires on both sides fighting it out while the average person has no representation in Washington dc - hedge funders on one side and the old money cartel corps on the other - with We The People squished in the middle.

Disaster is the only future we'll get following either of the 2 main parties -

Well, I guess the only option is to just get the gun out and shot myself! Is that what you want all of us to do?

Stop whining and get to work making the political system work again!

Politicians are just people. It is up to the PEOPLE to MAKE them put into place the policies we want.

STOP WHINING!

delete jan in iowa

Jan, I like your spirit but short of removing a bunch of worthless politicians from the gene pool there ain't much we can do. Voting as I and many others have for years and seeing the results I've to this conclusion. We vote and they don't listen. We vote and they still do the bidding of the rich. We are so screwed by both parties. One is rotten to the core and the obstructionists are just plain worthless. Like Poly says we need to hurry up and find the bottom and only then can we rebuild our country. We should have let Wall Street go under in 2008 instead of bailing them out. Those rotten bastards have corrupted everything they have came into contact with on this planet. Many of them need to be removed from the gene pool as well.

Sprinklerfitter's picture
Sprinklerfitter

the cult of lessor evilism is fascinating to observe. Just re-elect Obama and THIS time he will show his true self and represent 'We The People' rather than the 1%. Sure he will...

"Reducing the charges against Obama developed in detail in this book to a Declaration of Independence-like list of grievances might look something like this:

Obama has taken massive funding from Wall Street, appointed Wall Streeters to top positions, and followed their lead, to the benefit of banksters and the detriment of the rest of us. Obama, despite promises the contrary, has put lobbyists in positions of power in his administration. Senator Obama's corporatist vote for the Class Action Fairness Act was in line with the rest of his performance as senator and later president.

Obama has taken massive funding from war profiteers and worked in their interest, empowering a collection of war hawks from the George W. Bush and Bill Clinton eras, and including no opponent of militarism in any high office.

Obama abandoned the people of Gaza to their fate beneath Israeli bombs.

Obama bailed out AIG, but not you or me.

Obama delayed de-escalation in Iraq and tried every way he could to avoid complete withdrawal.

Obama has expanded secrecy, sought retribution against whistleblowers, expanded warrentless spying, protected confessed torturers, revived military commissions, and expanded the military.

Obama has made anti-environmentalist corporate tools the heads of the Departments of the Interior and Agriculture.

Obama's administration facilitated and accepted a military coup in Honduras.

Obama has continued and expanded upon aggressively inhumane immigration policies.

Obama championed corporate health coverage over Medicare for All.

Obama tripled the size of the war on Afghanistan.

Obama has championed nuclear power.

Obama has backed murderers in Colombia and put U.S. troops into that country in the interests of big oil.

Obama has dramatically escalated drone killings, developing a new type of war.

Obama has continued pointless killing in Afghanistan on the basis of false pretenses.

Obama has appointed a deeply flawed candidate to the Supreme Court.

Obama has expanded the weaponization and the use of nuclear power in space.

Obama facilitated the kind of drilling that created the BP oil gusher in the Gulf of Mexico, and then sought to cover up the extent of the damage.

Obama has kept tax breaks for billionaires in place, persuading his followers to continue calling them "the Bush Tax Cuts."

Obama has claimed the power to torture and to "rendition" prisoners and kidnap victims to other countries that torture.

Obama has promoted corporate culture and CEO heroes, while failing to promote nonprofit groups -- a fantasy that contributing author Ralph Nader proposes for Obama while never having proposed it for Bush.

Obama has pushed deregulation as a solution to the problems caused by deregulation.

Obama has served Israel at the expense of human rights, peace, and democracy.

Obama has gone around Congress and courts to approve of Monsanto's GMOs.

Obama has tortured Bradley Manning.

Obama has pushed U.S. weapons sales on foreign nations.

Obama has punished Iranians with sanctions while threatening war.

Obama has expanded nuclear weapons spending.

Obama has worked largely against the interests of organized labor.

Obama has sabotaged efforts to protect the earth's climate.

Obama has thrown Social Security and Medicare on the chopping block.

Obama has extended the worst parts of the PATRIOT Act, plus secret parts we haven't seen yet but which are somehow nonetheless "law."

Obama has militarized police forces, expanded wiretaps, prosecuted Muslims for speech, raided activists' homes, preemptively detained journalists, and supported the prison industrial complex and the widespread use of solitary confinement.

Obama has launched a fraudulent war on Libya as a "humanitarian" effort, while aiding human rights abuses in Bahrain, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, and elsewhere.

Obama has abandoned his effort to close Guantanamo, which was only ever -- in reality -- an effort to move one of the United States' lawless concentration camps to Illinois from Cuba.

Obama chose to pursue an insufficient economic stimulus bill, not to mention increasing economically damaging military spending each year thus far.

Obama has continued the "war on drugs."

And Obama has shut down activism in this country by appearing to be what he is not and by virtue of the malady that causes millions of people to believe that self-governance consists of cheering for one team in a sporting competition."

1. The escalated wars even compared to overt war criminal Bush?
www.alternet.org/world/144449/obama_far_o

utdoes_bush_in_e...
2. The continuation of the abrogation of Habeas Corpus just like Bush?
www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2009/04/11/bagram
3. The continuation of military tribunals just like Bush:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/04/AR201003...
4. The continuation of rendition to countries that torture just like Bush:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/11/target-of-obama-era-rendi_n_256...
5. The continuation of a prison camp that tortures in gross violation of the Geneva conventions just like Bush:
www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,650324,00.html
www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/51564
6. Continuation of of Bush's TARP program to transfer money from the poor and middle class to unaccountable banksters rather than helping the mainly African American victims of sub prime loans?
www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/Economy/story?id=6626721&page=1
www.detroitnaacp.org/civilrights/predatory.asp
7. The appointment of industry insiders in the industry that supported Obama in the Campaign shades of Cheney and Halliburton:
http://my.firedoglake.com/fflambeau/2010/05/08/an-updated-list-of-goldma...
8. Obama's support for "clean coal," nuclear power and the first offshore oil drilling in 20 years which was only halted with a moratorium after the disastrous Gulf oil spill, update deepwater drilling resumed:
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2010/02/obama-defends-clean-coal.php
http://articles.cnn.com/2010-02-16/politics/obama.nuclear.power_1_nuclea...
www.nytimes.com/2010/04/01/science/earth/01energy.html
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/304897
9. Obama's crushing of government whistleblowers of U.S. War crimes and other government malfesance like wikileaks:
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/6/17/wikileaks_whistleblowers
10. Assassination orders against American Citizens overseas:
http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/04/07/assassinations
11. Support for expanding Bush's Unconsitutional surveillance of American citizens:
http://progressivealaska.blogspot.com/2011/02/obama-pushing-to-ban-skype...
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/18/us/18wiretap.html?_r=3&partner=rss&emc...
12. Health insurance reform that is a giveaway of a trillion taxpayer dollars to the big insurance companies that broke the system in the first place with no price caps:
http://static1.firedoglake.com/1/files/2010/03/mythfactshcr-2.pdf
13. FBI raids on antiwar activists:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100928/ap_on_re_us/us_fbi_raid_terrorism
14. Vastly expanded TSA mandate that violates the 4th amendment.
http://www.refinery29.com/stick-it-to-tsa-body-scans-with-these-shirts-c...
15. Cave on fighting for progressive tax cut
http://www.wsws.org/articles/2010/dec2010/taxe-d08.shtml
16. Make illegal indefinite detention of prisoners of wars permanent after lying about closing down Guantanamo:
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/12/22-5
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/12/22-7
17. Cave on net neutrality after promising to fight for it:
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/12/22-0
18. Broken promise to walk with strikers in "comfortable shoes:"
http://my.firedoglake.com/mmonk/2011/02/24/will-obama-find-those-shoes/
19. Unconstitutional war of aggression not cleared with Congress as required by Article 1 Section 8 of the Constitution, on the side of Al Qaeda affiliated "rebels"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/840...
http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=12905
20. Extra judicial assassination of Bin Laden rather than trial in a court of law (if you actually believe the killed bin Laden in the raid, when they dumped the body at sea without taking pictures or DNA):
http://www.guernicamag.com/blog/2652/noam_chomsky_my_reaction_to_os/
21. Persecution of NSA whistleblower who exposed spying on American citizens:
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/05/23/110523fa_fact_mayer?curren...
22. Balance budget on the backs of elederly by cutting Medicare, Social Security, and a 6 times budget cut for every tax raise.
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/07/08-2
23. Rendition and torture in Somalia:
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/7/13/jeremy_scahill_reveals_cia_facilit...
24. Obama is the one pushing hardest for cuts to Social Security and Medicare:
http://my.firedoglake.com/metamars/2011/07/29/conyers-spills-the-beans-o...
25. Unconstittional extra judicial assassination of an American citizen in Yemen:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2044404/Ron-Paul-attacks-unconst...
26. Approve sections of Keystone pipeline a section at a time after claiming a freeze:
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/03/22-3
27. OBAMA APPOINTS MONSANTO'S VICE PRESIDENT AS SENIOR ADVISOR TO THE COMMISSIONER AT THE FDA:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&add...
28 Obama admin gives itself permission to hold general internet data of innocent Americans charged with nothing for 5 years:
http://news.antiwar.com/2012/03/22/government-now-allowed-to-store-info-...
29. NDAA allows Obama to detail Americans indefinitely on American soil without a trial.
http://www.salon.com/2011/12/16/three_myths_about_the_detention_bill/sin...

See also:
http://stpeteforpeace.org/obama.html
Massive timelines of Obama betrayals focusing on war and civil liberites:
http://my.firedoglake.com/metamars/2011/07/14/have-scientists-discovered...
(List of 200 Obama betrayals)
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/04/05/the-top-five-campaign-promises-oba...
Self explanatory
http://www.archive.org/details/PaulStreet-TheEmpiresNewClothesTalkAtEncu...
Long look at state capitalist imperialism under Obama
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/08/18-3
(Really excellent article on the continuity between Bush and Obama with a detailed look at Obama's pro economic elite and pro war staff and cabinet)
http://www.obamatheconservative.com/
Giant list of conservative polices by Oily Bomber
http://ampedstatus.org/obama.php
Large collection of articles on Obama's economic, civil liberties, and war crimes by the consistently excellent David DeGraw of Amped Status.

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/04/08-4

And last but not least, the imprisonment and torture of Bradley Manning for doing the right thing and exposing Obama's war crimes.

http://www.bradleymanning.org/

norske's picture
norske

Respectfully jan - I've gone to OWS marches... I've knocked on thousands of doors in my time volunteering - I volunteered etc - I'm not just sitting at home -

What I don't buy is that the democrats are going to save anything - the economy, the middle class, the environment, innocent people throughout the world and frankly here in the USA.

I'm not quitting - I'm Voting Green Party -

Scappoose's picture
Scappoose
Quote Sprinklerfitter:

Jan, I like your spirit but short of removing a bunch of worthless politicians from the gene pool there ain't much we can do. Voting as I and many others have for years and seeing the results I've to this conclusion. We vote and they don't listen. We vote and they still do the bidding of the rich. We are so screwed by both parties. One is rotten to the core and the obstructionists are just plain worthless. Like Poly says we need to hurry up and find the bottom and only then can we rebuild our country. We should have let Wall Street go under in 2008 instead of bailing them out. Those rotten bastards have corrupted everything they have came into contact with on this planet. Many of them need to be removed from the gene pool as well.

You're right, it is VERY VERY frustrating. The Wall Street thing.... too bad that hindsight is 20/20.... I'm very surprised that there haven't been more protests there, but I'm sure their security is so tight that you couldn't..... you get the picture.

I get upset, most of the time, but I have to tell myself that this isn't anything new. The people have been struggling for millenium, and now it's our turn. We have to put up the "good fight" or what's the point of liviing?

Nothing stays the same... it's evolution - change over time. This situation won't last forever and we will progress, it's the nature of humankind.

Sure the election model has been right, but it can't be right every time.... it's statistically impossible... so it's time for it to be wrong.

We don't know what's in Obama's heart, it may be better than we all fear. I DO NOT agree or like a lot of things that he's done or is doing, but we can put more pressure on him and "make" him do what he's promised.

We can't lose hope!

delete jan in iowa
Quote Scappoose:

Respectfully jan - I've gone to OWS marches... I've knocked on thousands of doors in my time volunteering - I volunteered etc - I'm not just sitting at home -

What I don't buy is that the democrats are going to save anything - the economy, the middle class, the environment, innocent people throughout the world and frankly here in the USA.

I'm not quitting - I'm Voting Green Party -

Good for you....... do what you feel is right.

delete jan in iowa
Quote norske:

the cult of lessor evilism is fascinating to observe. Just re-elect Obama and THIS time he will show his true self and represent 'We The People' rather than the 1%. Sure he will...........

It's great to point out all the real flaws in Obama and our system.

NOW we need SOLUTIONS?

delete jan in iowa

Excellent post Norse!

That loud ringing sound I hear is the OCD(Obama cognitive dissonance disorder) ringing in the democrats heads....

Both sides are corrupt.... Quit giving your energies to what you don't want.

Volunteer for OWS or the Green Party is my suggestion -

Scappoose's picture
Scappoose
Quote Scappoose:

Volunteer for OWS or the Green Party is my suggestion -

There are many paths to the top of the mountain.

If that works for you, then let others do what works for them.

In military terms, we need to attack the problem for multiple directions.

Can you see that?

delete jan in iowa

Jan in Iowa,

I grew up in the CIA, look up Stuart Hedden, one of the 'Old Boys", who with family friend Tommy the Cork helped fascism to build in Europe, and in America in the 30's.

What you see here is subterfuge.

Don't buy into it.

Don't let the spies in your neighborhood blow hope out of your mind with their idiot winds.

Why do you think you see so much bullshit against Obama here?

Because he's one of the good people, it's not all fake, except for the psy-ops against him.

Go out and work like you have been, and don't leave the ship with the rats.

The good in America will prevail.

anonymous green

This thread is a testament to defeatism. From a conservative perspective. They have already beat you.. It a fucking computer model...

Let me explain to you what a conservative would have said if the Model had said Obama Would win in November.

Fuck the Model. Probably some libtard "scientist" Put shit into it and Surprise surprise... Shit comes out...

What a Liberal should say...

The computer was probably IBM so of course the computer would side with the Big business sell out.

Capital1's picture
Capital1

Capital1 or 2,

Don't you have a poisoned aircraft carrier to take off the Navy's hands?

Why bother with people here, your city is broke, and you're fighting to make sure they are never taxed and that society crumbles around your amusement park celebrating war.

Go spit.

anonymous green

Kleenex anyone?

Redwing's picture
Redwing
Quote anonymous green:

Don't you have a poisoned aircraft carrier to take off the Navy's hands?

Yea... in 2014.

Why bother with people here, your city is broke, and you're fighting to make sure they are never taxed and that society crumbles around your amusement park celebrating war

My city has a $3 million rainy day fund... We are in the top 10 most fiscally sound cities in the state.

I personally am putting for a Parks Levy in this election. Possibly to my defeat.

Go spit.

Sure, why not.

Capital1's picture
Capital1
Quote anonymous green:

Jan in Iowa,

I grew up in the CIA, look up Stuart Hedden, one of the 'Old Boys", who with family friend Tommy the Cork helped fascism to build in Europe, and in America in the 30's.

What you see here is subterfuge.

Don't buy into it.

Don't let the spies in your neighborhood blow hope out of your mind with their idiot winds.

Why do you think you see so much bullshit against Obama here?

Because he's one of the good people, it's not all fake, except for the psy-ops against him.

Go out and work like you have been, and don't leave the ship with the rats.

The good in America will prevail.

It is hard for me to not speak back to the defeated. I suppose that I am being naive not to looked at it as subterfuge.

You're right. The good in America will prevail.

delete jan in iowa

Obama has been a conservative and corporate elite dream. Corporations have enjoyed the highest profits in history while paying the lowest or ZERO in taxes and paying less and less in wages and benefits every year. He has been such a conservative dream... even surpassing the crimes of Clinton that conservatives are reduced to making things up to criticize hiim over. Difficult to criticize him for continuing the same devastating neoliberal policies of his predecessors.

Disconcerting to observe Democrats acting much the same as is the norm for the right wing. The truth is the truth... regardless who is in power...

Not sure what Obama would have to do to elicit scorn from the apologetic democratic base... perhaps show his John Birch membership card... Apparently... assassinating US citizens, increasing the use of drones to slaughter innocent people, torture, rendition, refusing to charge Bush/Cheney with crimes against humanity, enriching the banksters on Wall Street with $TRILLIONS etc. etc. etc. isn't enough...

norske's picture
norske

Blah blah blah, have fun in Norway, recuperating from your hard work for America!

anonymous green

It seems to me that anone who isn't in the top .01% and votes for Either party is engaging in defeatist behavior -

"yea we know how bad he is BUT look at the other guy"

Is the very definition of defeatism actually....

Scappoose's picture
Scappoose
Quote anonymous green:

Blah blah blah, have fun in Norway, recuperating from your hard work for America!

It could be argued that you are the agent provocateur... as your irrational support of all things Obama and denial of factual critiques against him enters into the surreal...

At least when Thom or other Obama supporters state their reasons for voting for Obama... there is a realization that he has strayed far from the liberal path and they acknowledge his faults. They posit working from within the system will work... eventually. I wish them the best. Your irrational support and denial of how bad he has been for the people of the US and the rest of the world is simply astonishing...

norske's picture
norske

So be astonished in Norway.

anonymous green
Quote jan in iowa:

Curiously... when I leave Norway for the states... not one person has ever stated "seems like a cowardly thing to do leaving all those who are unable to simply "bail" to suffer, sacrifice and clean up the mess." Not one. They wish me well and hope for my safe return. And Norway is having more than their fair share of right wing unbalanced types making noise...

norske's picture
norske
Quote norske:

Romney or Obama... doesn't really matter as the US will continue to wreak havoc upon the rest of the world slaughtering innocent people, using drones to bomb wedding parties, torture, rendition... all for maximum corporate profit and rewarding the 1% while punishing the 99%...<

That's really stupid. Obama is now fighting for medicare, social security and medicaid. Not to mention finishing up in Afghanistan and pushing through various things like the financial reform bill. It is a nearly impossible fight, but he has achieved much despite it.

Obamacare, do you care that 30 million more people will be provided health insurance? I mean how much a cold bastard to you have to be to not care about these things?

Dr. Econ's picture
Dr. Econ
Quote norske: Well... pretty sure the rest of the world... at least the rest of the world which the US invades, tortures, assassinates (when not assassinating its own citizens) bombs their families into oblivion, detains indefintely... are convinced that they are already "F*****D"Such abhorrent and terrorist activites have INCREASED under Obama...

Now your just being silly for effect. Obama is going to get us out of Afghanistan like he did in Iraq. You think Romney will? YOu think he won't invade Iran or some other place? Do you think Romney is going to improve the Arab spring revolution or take the wrong side like Bush did?

I can relate to your cynicism and despair, but please, get a grip.

Dr. Econ's picture
Dr. Econ
Quote Dr. Econ:

[quote

Now your just being silly for effect. Obama is going to get us out of Afghanistan like he did in Iraq. You think Romney will? YOu think he won't invade Iran or some other place? Do you think Romney is going to improve the Arab spring revolution or take the wrong side like Bush did?

Amazing to think that you think the Arab spring has been or will be anything but a disaster. Egypt will fall to the muslin Brotherhood, we are arming the wrong side in Syria which will be taken over by Al-Qaeda, and we now have an additional aircraft carrier heading to the gulf as this is being written. Obama=Bush when it comes to war. Obama has the advantage of higher tech weapons to disguise the method of delivery.

.http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/23/us-iran-us-gulf-idUSBRE87M0HY20120823

A better option

http://www.jillstein.org/

.http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/23/us-iran-us-gulf-idUSBRE87M0HY20120823

Redwing's picture
Redwing
Quote Redwing:

the usual psy-ops crap

anonymous green

In Iran, in afganistan, in Iraq, now occuring in Syria - the USA foreign policy since Eisenhower's and the cia's help with the Iranian coup - has only helped radicalize Islam......

Maybe it's just bad policies leading to bad results - but when it happens over and over and over again we have to start to conclude that possibly radical Islam IS the objective of us foreign policy. Hey they're playing chess 12 steps ahead of us!

It does open the door for any and all USA interventions. We're arming al Queada as we speak in Syria. We worked with them - heck we basically invented AQ in afganistan. USA foreign policy doesn't care if these same radical Islamic elements- or any dictator we support - go rogue as we also have a cure for that - WAR.

Although Obama once said if no USA soldiers are injured or killed then it's not a war.

And sorry to dr Econ but Obama has been the one that put social security and Medicare on the chopping block - and offered to cut those programs even more than the rethugs wanted. He named Simpson and Bowles to the cat food commission - he culd have named anyone he wanted but the so-called Progressive president named a rightwinger and an extreme neo-lib to that commission and they both wanted to cut those programs.

http://blackagendareport.com/content/fletcherism-and-fakery-guarding-obama’s-left-flank

Read it and weep that you were so fooled - but be happy you are now aware and won't fall for the same tricks this campaign season.

Scappoose's picture
Scappoose

Dems accept Bush policies from Obama because Obama has a "heart". He just can't reveal it. Almost funny if the consequences weren't so dire.

Bush's third term is coming along as expected. And yep, Obama did offer to put Soc. Security, Medicaid and Medicare on the chopping block. He volunteered to do so.

The man who decries outsourcing negotiated three new outsourcing agreements. Repugnants didn't twist his arm to do that. It's a Presidential initiative to do things like that.

He's a wolf in sheep's clothing. A lying wolf about to eat granny for dinner..

If American's don't stop voting for their own execution, I may find a way to leave the country as well.

People often wonder why more Jews didn't leave Germany when the hand-writing was on the wall. When the battle for German minds/hearts became futile, the smart ones left. Most of those who stayed became quite dead...and suffering ultimately extended to nearly the entire German population.. Same sort of thing.

There comes a time when it's futile to attempt to save a sinking ship. The Titanic couldn't be saved with bailing-buckets. We haven't yet reached that point as a nation...and are getting close.

Obama and the Dem Party ( like their counterparts) are like bailing buckets ...with holes in them. If people grasp that soon enough, there may be time for change.

The world's foremost authority on fascism, Robert Paxton, notes that the U.S. is in the third stage of developing fascism. The final two can come rather abruptly. Dems are just as complicit in its development as Repugnants.

If Norske's list of Obama's actions can't convince people that Obama, Democrat and Repugnant goals are ultimately the same, nothing will. The ship will sink. Neo-liberalism, the step-sister of fascism is the same...no matter which party puts their label on it. .

Things like who can marry who are diversionary, irrelevant side-shows when compared to the big picture.

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

polycarp2

Anomyous Green was a CIA agent, maybe we can be elightened as to Obama's policy in the Mideast.

A better option

http://www.jillstein.org/

Redwing's picture
Redwing
Quote Redwing:

Obama=Bush when it comes to war. Obama has the advantage of higher tech weapons to disguise the method of delivery.

I don't know what specific higher technology you are referring to. The Predator drones have been used since at least 2002:

"On March 4, 2002, a CIA-operated Predator fired a Hellfire missile into a reinforced Taliban machine gun bunker that had pinned down an Army Ranger team whose CH-47 Chinook had crashed on the top of Takur Ghar Mountain in Afghanistan."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Atomics_MQ-1_Predator

I frankly prefer the use of Predator drones, as opposed to sending 300,000 troops into a region to blow up everything in sight. So Obama > Bush in that regard.

chilidog

You support our involvement and the killing in the mideast, I do not.

Redwing's picture
Redwing

Drones are war crimes - especially when they target 1st responders......

And saying that Every Single male between the age of 15 and 40 is a terrorist is a war crime...

Both of which Obama does on a regular basis. When democratic supporters say these policies are good it just shows the true depraved nature of democrats - and shows why I could never be a democrat.

They are the More Effective Evil as they silence the left into complacency with policies that would have caused an outrage if the bushies had done it.

How democratic supporters can say its not hypocrisy is beyond me - just another example of how effective the pr machine for the duopoly truly is.

Scappoose's picture
Scappoose
Quote Dr. Econ:

I can relate to your cynicism and despair, but please, get a grip.

Here's the thing. If it was wrong when Cheney/Bush did it... it's wrong when Obama does it. Coming from the "left"... having the faux imprimatur of being "liberal"... has allowed Obama to govern further to the right and commit more war crimes than Cheney/Bush would have ever got away with. If it was wrong when Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Cheney/Bush did it...and it was... the same metric must be used for Obama if the left is going to retain any credibility at all. Do you really want to be in the same camp as the conservatives who apologized and continue to apologize for the crimes of their leaders?

Never stated that Romney would be better... but to think that Obama is the lessor evil is to deny the facts... Again... what would Obama have to do before you see that there is no difference between the Democrats or the Repugs when it comes to the crimes of empire, the slaughter of innocent people, installing and supporting brutal right wing regimes, torture, rendition, prosecution of whistle blowers, etc. etc. etc.?

If Obama governed half as well as he spoke he could have been a decent president... well... as decent as the corrupt two party oligarchy would allow. But hey... he does support marriage equality so all is well....

"Reducing the charges against Obama developed in detail in this book to a Declaration of Independence-like list of grievances might look something like this:

Obama has taken massive funding from Wall Street, appointed Wall Streeters to top positions, and followed their lead, to the benefit of banksters and the detriment of the rest of us. Obama, despite promises the contrary, has put lobbyists in positions of power in his administration. Senator Obama's corporatist vote for the Class Action Fairness Act was in line with the rest of his performance as senator and later president.

Obama has taken massive funding from war profiteers and worked in their interest, empowering a collection of war hawks from the George W. Bush and Bill Clinton eras, and including no opponent of militarism in any high office.

Obama abandoned the people of Gaza to their fate beneath Israeli bombs.

Obama bailed out AIG, but not you or me.

Obama delayed de-escalation in Iraq and tried every way he could to avoid complete withdrawal.

Obama has expanded secrecy, sought retribution against whistleblowers, expanded warrentless spying, protected confessed torturers, revived military commissions, and expanded the military.

Obama has made anti-environmentalist corporate tools the heads of the Departments of the Interior and Agriculture.

Obama's administration facilitated and accepted a military coup in Honduras.

Obama has continued and expanded upon aggressively inhumane immigration policies.

Obama championed corporate health coverage over Medicare for All.

Obama tripled the size of the war on Afghanistan.

Obama has championed nuclear power.

Obama has backed murderers in Colombia and put U.S. troops into that country in the interests of big oil.

Obama has dramatically escalated drone killings, developing a new type of war.

Obama has continued pointless killing in Afghanistan on the basis of false pretenses.

Obama has appointed a deeply flawed candidate to the Supreme Court.

Obama has expanded the weaponization and the use of nuclear power in space.

Obama facilitated the kind of drilling that created the BP oil gusher in the Gulf of Mexico, and then sought to cover up the extent of the damage.

Obama has kept tax breaks for billionaires in place, persuading his followers to continue calling them "the Bush Tax Cuts."

Obama has claimed the power to torture and to "rendition" prisoners and kidnap victims to other countries that torture.

Obama has promoted corporate culture and CEO heroes, while failing to promote nonprofit groups -- a fantasy that contributing author Ralph Nader proposes for Obama while never having proposed it for Bush.

Obama has pushed deregulation as a solution to the problems caused by deregulation.

Obama has served Israel at the expense of human rights, peace, and democracy.

Obama has gone around Congress and courts to approve of Monsanto's GMOs.

Obama has tortured Bradley Manning.

Obama has pushed U.S. weapons sales on foreign nations.

Obama has punished Iranians with sanctions while threatening war.

Obama has expanded nuclear weapons spending.

Obama has worked largely against the interests of organized labor.

Obama has sabotaged efforts to protect the earth's climate.

Obama has thrown Social Security and Medicare on the chopping block.

Obama has extended the worst parts of the PATRIOT Act, plus secret parts we haven't seen yet but which are somehow nonetheless "law."

Obama has militarized police forces, expanded wiretaps, prosecuted Muslims for speech, raided activists' homes, preemptively detained journalists, and supported the prison industrial complex and the widespread use of solitary confinement.

Obama has launched a fraudulent war on Libya as a "humanitarian" effort, while aiding human rights abuses in Bahrain, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, and elsewhere.

Obama has abandoned his effort to close Guantanamo, which was only ever -- in reality -- an effort to move one of the United States' lawless concentration camps to Illinois from Cuba.

Obama chose to pursue an insufficient economic stimulus bill, not to mention increasing economically damaging military spending each year thus far.

Obama has continued the "war on drugs."

And Obama has shut down activism in this country by appearing to be what he is not and by virtue of the malady that causes millions of people to believe that self-governance consists of cheering for one team in a sporting competition."

1. The escalated wars even compared to overt war criminal Bush?
www.alternet.org/world/144449/obama_far_o

utdoes_bush_in_e...
2. The continuation of the abrogation of Habeas Corpus just like Bush?
www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2009/04/11/bagram
3. The continuation of military tribunals just like Bush:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/04/AR201003...
4. The continuation of rendition to countries that torture just like Bush:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/11/target-of-obama-era-rendi_n_256...
5. The continuation of a prison camp that tortures in gross violation of the Geneva conventions just like Bush:
www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,650324,00.html
www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/51564
6. Continuation of of Bush's TARP program to transfer money from the poor and middle class to unaccountable banksters rather than helping the mainly African American victims of sub prime loans?
www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/Economy/story?id=6626721&page=1
www.detroitnaacp.org/civilrights/predatory.asp
7. The appointment of industry insiders in the industry that supported Obama in the Campaign shades of Cheney and Halliburton:
http://my.firedoglake.com/fflambeau/2010/05/08/an-updated-list-of-goldma...
8. Obama's support for "clean coal," nuclear power and the first offshore oil drilling in 20 years which was only halted with a moratorium after the disastrous Gulf oil spill, update deepwater drilling resumed:
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2010/02/obama-defends-clean-coal.php
http://articles.cnn.com/2010-02-16/politics/obama.nuclear.power_1_nuclea...
www.nytimes.com/2010/04/01/science/earth/01energy.html
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/304897
9. Obama's crushing of government whistleblowers of U.S. War crimes and other government malfesance like wikileaks:
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/6/17/wikileaks_whistleblowers
10. Assassination orders against American Citizens overseas:
http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/04/07/assassinations
11. Support for expanding Bush's Unconsitutional surveillance of American citizens:
http://progressivealaska.blogspot.com/2011/02/obama-pushing-to-ban-skype...
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/18/us/18wiretap.html?_r=3&partner=rss&emc...
12. Health insurance reform that is a giveaway of a trillion taxpayer dollars to the big insurance companies that broke the system in the first place with no price caps:
http://static1.firedoglake.com/1/files/2010/03/mythfactshcr-2.pdf
13. FBI raids on antiwar activists:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100928/ap_on_re_us/us_fbi_raid_terrorism
14. Vastly expanded TSA mandate that violates the 4th amendment.
http://www.refinery29.com/stick-it-to-tsa-body-scans-with-these-shirts-c...
15. Cave on fighting for progressive tax cut
http://www.wsws.org/articles/2010/dec2010/taxe-d08.shtml
16. Make illegal indefinite detention of prisoners of wars permanent after lying about closing down Guantanamo:
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/12/22-5
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/12/22-7
17. Cave on net neutrality after promising to fight for it:
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/12/22-0
18. Broken promise to walk with strikers in "comfortable shoes:"
http://my.firedoglake.com/mmonk/2011/02/24/will-obama-find-those-shoes/
19. Unconstitutional war of aggression not cleared with Congress as required by Article 1 Section 8 of the Constitution, on the side of Al Qaeda affiliated "rebels"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/840...
http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=12905
20. Extra judicial assassination of Bin Laden rather than trial in a court of law (if you actually believe the killed bin Laden in the raid, when they dumped the body at sea without taking pictures or DNA):
http://www.guernicamag.com/blog/2652/noam_chomsky_my_reaction_to_os/
21. Persecution of NSA whistleblower who exposed spying on American citizens:
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/05/23/110523fa_fact_mayer?curren...
22. Balance budget on the backs of elederly by cutting Medicare, Social Security, and a 6 times budget cut for every tax raise.
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/07/08-2
23. Rendition and torture in Somalia:
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/7/13/jeremy_scahill_reveals_cia_facilit...
24. Obama is the one pushing hardest for cuts to Social Security and Medicare:
http://my.firedoglake.com/metamars/2011/07/29/conyers-spills-the-beans-o...
25. Unconstittional extra judicial assassination of an American citizen in Yemen:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2044404/Ron-Paul-attacks-unconst...
26. Approve sections of Keystone pipeline a section at a time after claiming a freeze:
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/03/22-3
27. OBAMA APPOINTS MONSANTO'S VICE PRESIDENT AS SENIOR ADVISOR TO THE COMMISSIONER AT THE FDA:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&add...
28 Obama admin gives itself permission to hold general internet data of innocent Americans charged with nothing for 5 years:
http://news.antiwar.com/2012/03/22/government-now-allowed-to-store-info-...
29. NDAA allows Obama to detail Americans indefinitely on American soil without a trial.
http://www.salon.com/2011/12/16/three_myths_about_the_detention_bill/sin...

See also:
http://stpeteforpeace.org/obama.html
Massive timelines of Obama betrayals focusing on war and civil liberites:
http://my.firedoglake.com/metamars/2011/07/14/have-scientists-discovered...
(List of 200 Obama betrayals)
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/04/05/the-top-five-campaign-promises-oba...
Self explanatory
http://www.archive.org/details/PaulStreet-TheEmpiresNewClothesTalkAtEncu...
Long look at state capitalist imperialism under Obama
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/08/18-3
(Really excellent article on the continuity between Bush and Obama with a detailed look at Obama's pro economic elite and pro war staff and cabinet)
http://www.obamatheconservative.com/
Giant list of conservative polices by Oily Bomber
http://ampedstatus.org/obama.php
Large collection of articles on Obama's economic, civil liberties, and war crimes by the consistently excellent David DeGraw of Amped Status.

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/04/08-4

And last but not least, the imprisonment and torture of Bradley Manning for doing the right thing and exposing Obama's war crimes.

http://www.bradleymanning.org/

norske's picture
norske
Quote norske:

Here's the thing...............

How many times are you going to cut and paste this same thing? Posting it over and over won't make your point any better. You need to come up with something better or actually just state your position and let it stand.

delete jan in iowa

Currently Chatting

Time to Rethink the War on Terror

Thom plus logo

When Eric Holder eventually steps down as Attorney General, he will leave behind a complicated legacy, some of it tragic, like his decision not to prosecute Wall Street after the financial crisis, and his all-out war on whistleblowers like Edward Snowden.