Republicans are witches, Democrats are scientists

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
chuckingrocks

Hi,

Just wanted to invite all the Thom fans to check out my blog at www.chuckingrocks.com

The new blog is about why it is completely absurd to suggest Republicans and Democrats are equally at fault for our government's dysfunction.

Comments

WorkerBee
WorkerBee's picture
I posted questions in your

I posted questions in your other thread that you did not respond to, are you just here to pimp your blog? Guess it is easier to simply chuck rocks at people then engage in conversation.

Capital1
Capital1's picture
Scientists....   LOL...  

Scientists....   LOL...  

AjaxMinoan
AjaxMinoan's picture
  They aren't equally at

They aren't equally at fault, but it's close enough. One side wants to cut spending, while the other wants to raise taxes. One thinks corporations are at fault, and the other thinks the government is the problem. The truth is we need to cut spending and raise taxes to keep America from collapsing, but no one will be elected if they say this. 

The corruption in America cannot be healed without collapse or a dictator. The same goes for Europe. It's already far too late for some politician to plead for a change of course.

Phaedrus76
Phaedrus76's picture
Except during the 2011 near

Except during the 2011 near collapse, the Democratic compromise entailed $9 in cuts for every $1 in taxes. Which was unacceptable to the Teabaggers.
They are not equally dysfunctional.
Also for the noise about the deficit coming from the righties, and in your analysis, the 3 biggest problems the US faces are jobs, jobs, jobs.
Only one budget plan includes the medicine to get jobs back here and will balance the budget in 10 years. The Progressive Caucus' people's budget.
The Ryan budget privatized medicare, slashes medicaid, and demolishes most the rest of the federal govt, and still fails to balance for 40years.