The standoff continues outside the Ecuadorian Embassy in London...

3 posts / 0 new

– one day after Ecuador granted Julian Assange political asylum. The UK’s Foreign Minister – William Hague – announced that Ecuador’s decision changes nothing – and that British authorities are still committed to extraditing Assange to Sweden to facing questioning on sexual assault allegations.

In other words, the UK is refusing to grant Assange safe passage out of their country to Ecuador – as international law recommends. Hague also warned that this saga could continue – with Assange being holed up in the embassy for months or even years. Speaking truth to power always has consequences.

Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture
Thom Hartmann A...

Comments

I read somewhere this morning(can't recall where) he should be made a citizen of Ecuador ASAP and right after that make him an Ambassurder and there's nothing the Brits can do as they watch him leave....Maybe this could happen or maybe it's someones wishfull thinking. I don't really know. Good idea for him if it could really happen. Where are the women he was claimed to have raped and what do they have to say about this whole ordeal?

Sprinklerfitter's picture
Sprinklerfitter

Yesterday I sent a message to 10 Downing Street, the Prime Minister of Great Britain: "Let Julian Go!" Then I sent a message to the Ecuadoran Embassy in London, saying "Bravo!" etc. http://www.ecuadorembassyuk.org.uk/contact

Zenzoe

Currently Chatting

The other way we're subsidizing Walmart...

Most of us know how taxpayers subsidize Walmart's low wages with billions of dollars in Medicaid, food stamps, and other financial assistance for workers. But, did you know that we're also subsidizing the retail giant by paying the cost of their environmental destruction.