What ever happened to....

12 posts / 0 new

What ever happened to the "Hope and Change" and "Yes We Can" theme of the 2008 Obama campaign? What ever happened to the little school kids eerily singing songs of praise to Obama the way children in North Korea praise their "Dear Leader"? What happened? Where did this go?

Tahuyaman's picture
Tahuyaman

Comments

The question whore is begging you to answer him!

anonymous green

I actually didn't expect an answer. You guys got duped and it's not somethng you want to face up to right now.

Tahuyaman's picture
Tahuyaman

Hope and Change got run through the shredder by the Republican party as it always does when they've got any power at all. There's a lot of hope and change deep in the depths of fillibuster hell. Speaking of which, where is all those jobs the Republicans promised voters if they were to get control of congress? So far all I've seen is the Republicans leading the charge to eliminate as many public jobs as humanly possible.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

Don't forget Jesus Camp... Who's cardboard cutout were the Christians having the children pray to?

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76
Quote Tahuyaman:

I actually didn't expect an answer. You guys got duped and it's not somethng you want to face up to right now.

You're all over the internet with your bullshit questions and moronic posts.

Kiss my Ass, and then X my l*l a second time.

anonymous green

The change accomplished has actually been significant. Unfortunately, it is difficult to notice when looking upon the still massive need for more change. That is a gift that keeps on giving thanks to 30 years of supply side economics and 20 years of free trade. And don't forget the 10 years of off-budget wars coupled with obscene tax cuts for the wealthy and corporate welfare. The change taking place today will not even be noticed until Obama's 2nd term is long over.

As far as hope, it's still alive and well, though a bit bloodied and bruised. In fact, baseless smug comments such as that from Tally Man only bring more hope. We been chopping bananas all night and daylight is coming Mr Tally Man.

I suggest you kiss Anonymous Green's ass a third time Tally Man and pray that he and his ilk show mercy upon you when your fascist friends are defeated. Hope and change are very big and powerful and therefore do big things at glacial speed.

Perhaps a better question is to ask you what a lack of hope feels like as your team appears to be grasping at straws as they dangle from the end of that very frayed conservative rope. Good luck with that.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood

Republicans intentionally sabotaging the economy? Why does this keep getting a question mark?

http://www.thomhartmann.com/forum/2012/05/dailykos-republicans-intentionally-sabotaging-economy-why-does-keep-getting-question-m

miksilvr
Quote Bush_Wacker:

Hope and Change got run through the shredder by the Republican party as it always does when they've got any power at all. There's a lot of hope and change deep in the depths of fillibuster hell. Speaking of which, where is all those jobs the Republicans promised voters if they were to get control of congress? So far all I've seen is the Republicans leading the charge to eliminate as many public jobs as humanly possible.

And don't forget the time wasted by the republicans undeclared War on Women ... everything but the kitchen sink has been thrown at women's rights, from ending support for Planned Parenthood to cutting programs like Head Start and AFDC and cutbacks in Pell grants and other programs that help finance a college education. Some of these voter ID laws ALEC and the Koch's are pushing are also meant to disenfranchise minority and / or elderly women living in cities, who are even less likely to have a drivers license required in some states to obtain these new unnecessary voter ID cards than women living in the suburbs. Those women in the cities tend to vote for democrats, which is why they have been targeted by the voter ID laws.

Many of those public jobs lost that Bush_Wacker mentioned had been held by women ... jobs in teaching and other areas related to education, in state and local government positions, and other public service positions. Don't forget the ripple affect on the economy of losing those jobs, which causes less activity in the economy that in turn leads to more layoffs, hitting even more women in the process.

None of the War on Women stuff the republicans have pulled created any jobs. I don't know how any women can justify a vote for the republicans this November.

Mr.Boehner, where are the jobs ?

miksilvr
Quote Bush_Wacker:

Speaking of which, where is all those jobs the Republicans promised voters if they were to get control of congress?

The Republicand have control of the senate also? Tell Harry. I think he is still refusing to put house passed bills before the senate. Oh! I forgot, he is still busy working on the budget he hasn't presented for the last three years.

Redwing's picture
Redwing
Quote Redwing:

The Republicand ...?

Please speak clearly into the microphones.

Republicandy, I'm sure you meant.

Yes, Linda, you're absolutely right.

The Republicans have candy for your mind.

Well, not yours, you won't be needing anymore candy for a while.

anonymous green
Quote Tahuyaman:

What ever happened to the "Hope and Change" and "Yes We Can" theme of the 2008 Obama campaign? What ever happened to the little school kids eerily singing songs of praise to Obama the way children in North Korea praise their "Dear Leader"? What happened? Where did this go?

The legislative history of congress and the Obama administration are facts. If you don't know these facts, then educate yourself. If you are critical of them, then say way.

Dr. Econ's picture
Dr. Econ

Currently Chatting

The Real Carbon “Monster” Revealed

Another day, another stupid assault on the truth by the fossil fuel industry and its paid lackeys. In a recent op-ed for the New York Post, Tom Harris, the executive director of the so-called International Climate Science Coalition -- an organization that’s funded, in part, by the fossil fuel industry -- blasted Leonardo DiCaprio for his work on “Carbon,” a new documentary on climate change that I helped write and present.