But Wouldn't Warlords Take Over? by Robert Murphy

13 posts / 0 new

Here's an interesting article on free market anarchism by economist Robert Murphy. Murphy is the guy that Paul Krugman won't debate for charity.

LysanderSpooner's picture
LysanderSpooner

Comments

I wouldn't 'debate' you for free, Lies and Spoonerisms.

anonymous green

If Austrian free market economics and laissez faire libertarianism is so great, and big government collectivisim is so bad, why did Daddy Koch have to finagle Frederick Hayek onto Social Security and Medicare before Hayek would leave his socialized healthcare crib in Austria to become his shill?

"Do as I say, not as I do."

Priceless.

http://www.thenation.com/article/163672/charles-koch-friedrich-hayek-use-social-security#

al3's picture
al3

An entirely unconvincing argument. The thing you have to love about Libertarianism is that they have this uncanny ability to create what seems like an entirely cogent argument within a single article. They are very skilled at glazing over their logical fallacies. The sad part is that from one argument to the next they completely contradict themselves.

ah2

LysanderSpooner is a propagandist - he no longer debates but posts spam.

It is sad. I guess he has given up.

Dr. Econ's picture
Dr. Econ

Could at least one person detail their objections to Robert Murphy's article? And could someone tell me why Krugman shouldn't debate Murphy on the business cycle. He should wipe the floor with him and a food bank in NYC gets a big check. It's a win-win.

LysanderSpooner's picture
LysanderSpooner
Quote LysanderSpooner:

Could at least one person detail their objections to Robert Murphy's article?

We drew straws and I lost so I have to answer that I didn't read the article, but I have lots of opinionated opinions opining in my oinion-like mind.

What did you think of Jefferson Airplane's first single?

anonymous green

I had no idea that roaches were involved, but I'm so glad!

Real Tea, Real Party

a butter psy option.

anonymous green

Their first single or first album? From the album Tobacco Road is a classic, High Flying Bird is my favorite. After this though Surealistic Pillow took a whole new direction.

Let Me In was the best side of the 45, and a lot of others must agree. Bringing Me Down is almost never heard or seen

After they copped the name most people just went back to calling a roach clip a roach clip. .

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

There's that quantum non locality thing again

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee
Quote LysanderSpooner:

Could at least one person detail their objections to Robert Murphy's article? And could someone tell me why Krugman shouldn't debate Murphy on the business cycle. He should wipe the floor with him and a food bank in NYC gets a big check. It's a win-win.

The Von Mises institute has zero credibility. You have given no reason why I should take Murphy's article seriously.

You can't even tell me what the article says. Why should I go on your blind links to some propaganda site?

Dr. Econ's picture
Dr. Econ

Does the bennefit of Jefferson Airplane outweigh the costs of Jefferson Starship?

Dr. Econ's picture
Dr. Econ

Yes, absolutely.

When warlords took over, what could anyone do?

anonymous green

Currently Chatting

First Columbia took on their drug lords, now they're taking on their billionaires...why can't we?

America’s billionaires are driving this nation’s poverty epidemic. But it doesn’t have to be that way.

As we speak, working-class Americans are getting screwed over by policies that favor the wealthy elite, and leave everyone else in the dust. As a result, more and more Americans are living in poverty.