"The Republicans still don’t get it" ... after losses in the 2012 election, they sing the same ol' tunes that voters rejected

14 posts / 0 new

Eugene Robinson of the Washington Post comments about how one might not be able to tell that the republicans lost in the presidential race, failed to take the senate, and were out voted {by about 500,000 votes} in the congressional races, yet continue to repeat lines from the campaign.

This includes Romney reprising the 47% remarks this week in a conference call to campaign donors and others.

The Republicans still don’t get it

miksilvr

Comments

What I don't understand is why we as a nation complain about how politicians tell lies ("B.S.") and curry favor ("kiss butt"), but we don't change the system. The way that elections and political parties work is sort of like buying a used car. "Buyer Beware"

I must admit with shame that I too have fallen victim to lies and favor currying, which means that I have indirectly promoted it. I apologize to the the world, and most of all to myself. :-(

micahjr34

It doesn't matter that you have fallen victim to the lies, what matters is that you realize it. You are in the very small minority. Until the majority wakes up and learns to think for themselves again it isn't going to change.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

Well, it's easier for a lesser of two evils to do what the corporatocracy want. Crazy talk gets the party accepatable to doing evil elected. There is more than one way for the elite to skin a cat.

The consolation is, "Oh, my God, how much worse would it have been if Republicans had been elected?"

How much worse would it be if you're throat is slit by a hatchet instead of a knife? You'll still bleed-to-death.

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

polycarp2

It would have gotten far worse under a Supreme Court under a Romney administration with Robert Bork picking 3-5 even more conservative justices over the course of eight years to do the bidding of the US Chamber of Horrors (er, "Commerce"). Thom has cited the succes rate of the chamber in Supreme Court cases ... businesses allied with the chamber win over 60% of the cases.

As the chamber's allies win cases, consumers lose ... safety, privacy, the environment, and other aspects of our lives suffer as a result. All while corporate profits are at record highs, all while student loan balances are at record highs, all while ...

Damn, it would have been far worse under Mittens !

miksilvr

WELCOME TO THE TWILIGHT ZONE – NEWSWEEK – THE DAILY BEAST

http://johnavlon.com/published_work/the-daily-beast/welcome-to-the-twilight-zone-newsweek-the-daily-beast-3760

miksilvr

Sen Lindsey Graham on Meet the Press today in response to question about Romney's recent comments that echoed the 47% remarks ...

We're in a deep hole ... when you're in a hole, stop digging.

miksilvr

Head of Romney’s Hispanic outreach: "I was shocked" by gifts comments

miksilvr

Republicans abandon Romney in droves after "gifts" comments:

miksilvr

Republicans excoriate Romney on the Sunday talk shows

miksilvr

'Gifts': The legitimacy of self-interested voting

miksilvr

Jindal slams Romney for 'gifts' comment about minorities, young voters

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/14/reports-romney-says-obama-won-by-offering-gifts-to-minorities-and-young-voters/

Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal blasts Mitt Romney for blaming defeat on Barack Obama ‘gifts’

http://www.boston.com/politicalintelligence/2012/11/15/louisiana-governor-bobby-jindal-blasts-mitt-romney-for-blaming-defeat-barack-obama-gifts/CKMQJa7p92PwSc7FXxvYqI/story.html

Republican Gov. Bobby Jindal on party basics: 'If we want people to like us, we have to like them first'

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/11/republican_gov_bobby_jindal_on.html

Gov. : GOP needs to stop saying 'stupid things'

miksilvr

miksilvr wrote: "It would have gotten far worse under a Supreme Court under a Romney administration with Robert Bork picking 3-5 even more conservative justices over the course of eight years to do the bidding of the US Chamber of Horrors (er, "Commerce")."

poly replies: It's my own view that we should probably utilize the Constitutional authority to impeach Supreme Court Justices when a Pres. puts a neo-liberal twit on the bench.

We aren't stuck with them.

Opting for the lesser of two evils judges is sort of like opting for a lesser of two evils Pres. We should probably demand other than that.

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

polycarp2

Rocky Mountain Mike wants to help the republicans cope with the grief over the loss:

It Gets Better

miksilvr

Currently Chatting

Green World Rising

In two previous videos narrated by Leonard DiCaprio and available over at GreenWorldRising.org, we’ve seen the dangers that global warming and climate change present for our planet and the human race.