Romney concedes Florida, the ass whuppin gets worse--332 to 206.

21 posts / 0 new
Though votes are still being tallied, President Obama is all but assured a victory in Florida because the lion’s share of the outstanding ballots come from Democratic-heavy counties.

Obama leads Republican Mitt Romney by 58,055 votes — or 49.92 percent to 49.22 — but there just aren’t enough votes from Republican areas to allow the challenger to catch up.

Romney’s Florida campaign has acknowledged their candidate lost in Florida as well. Romney already conceded the national race after he lost the other battleground states. “The numbers in Florida show this was winnable,” Brett Doster, Florida advisor for Romney, said in a statement to The Miami Herald. “We thought based on our polling and range of organization that we had done what we needed to win. Obviously, we didn’t, and for that I and every other operative in Florida has a sick feeling that we left something on the table. I can assure you this won’t happen again.”

With Florida’s 29 Electoral College votes, Obama will have 332 votes to Romney’s 206.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/11/08/3087995/romney-campaign-we-lost-florida.html#storylink=cpy
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/11/08/3087995/romney-campaign-we-lost Obviously, we didn’t, and for that I and every other operative in Florida has a sick feeling that we left something on the table. I can assure you this won’t happen again.”

With Florida’s 29 Electoral College votes, Obama will have 332 votes to Romney’s 206.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/11/08/3087995/romney-campaign-we-lost-florida.html#storylink=cpy

-florida.html#storylink=cpy

Choco's picture
Choco

Comments

Thanks to Oblamer assuring himself of the Mexican and illegal immigrant vote by granting illegals de facto amnesty and buying the union vote with taxpayer money. And, of course, no voter ID requirements.

darlinedarline1@aol.com's picture
darlinedarline1...

You Lie!.......Dolt-Line1..........Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Don't you ever get tired of being a troll?

Sprinklerfitter's picture
Sprinklerfitter

What is the lie? Did he not grant illegal aliens de facto amnesty? Did he not buy union votes with taxpayer money in the auto bailouts, especially in Ohio? You are full of it. Show me where what I posted was wrong, dipstick.

darlinedarline1...
Did he not grant illegal aliens de facto amnesty? Did he not buy union votes with taxpayer money in the auto bailouts, especially in Ohio?
I think it's a reasonable interpretation. I have absolutely no problem with it. The politician who pays for my vote by promising to govern the way I want him/her to govern will definitely get my vote. I thought that was how representative Government was supposed to work.

Art's picture
Art

A 2% difference in the popular vote, versus 6% in '08 (and over 20 million fewer voters overall). He's a great campaigner: he lost votes since '08 but picked up electoral college "votes". His strategy since '08 has been to isolate and marginalize progressives and it worked. Let the "opposition" appeal to their "base" (wingnuts and radicals), electing Tea Partiers, etc., and then blame them for obstruction. Obama is a corporatist at heart; expect him to work closely with the Republican-controlled House- he's still reaching out to them because, you know, that's just how he rolls. Evidently he has more in common with Harry Reid, Eric Cantor, John Boehner, etc. than he did with Nancy Pelosi when she was Speaker. Otherwise, Obama's right to castigate his own party's failure to support him politically might mean a more progressive second term. If that happens at all, it won't be unless 2014 brings a Democratic House and this time somehow that will mean fighting as hard as the opposition. Are you ready to shut down the government?

nimblecivet's picture
nimblecivet
Quote Art:
Did he not grant illegal aliens de facto amnesty? Did he not buy union votes with taxpayer money in the auto bailouts, especially in Ohio?
I think it's a reasonable interpretation. I have absolutely no problem with it. The politician who pays for my vote by promising to govern the way I want him/her to govern will definitely get my vote. I thought that was how representative Government was supposed to work.

Oblamer saw a political opportunity to ensure the unions support. He used taxpayer money to purchas a majority of GM stock, tossed aside 200 years of bankruptcy law, along with tossing stock and bond holders, who had secured debt, out in the street.

Oblamer then gave the UAW 17% of the company in lieu of the unsecured debt owed them for pensions and benefits. And to top it off, following Oblamer's creed of "punish your enemies," he stripped the pension funds from 22,000 NON-UNION Delphi workers (Delphi is a GM subsidiary) and gave them to the UAW pension funds.

GM still owes taxpayers nearly $20 billion and the stock is down dramatically from its re-issue in 2010. GM may be alive, but it's on life support.

The GM seizure was a way for Oblamer to transfer a massive amount of our tax money to the unions to thank them for their support, shore up his campaign funds via union contributions, and to buy a bundle of votes, all under the guise of "bailing out" the auto industry.

Another $26 billion payoff went to 300,000 teachers and public employee union jobs, that worked out to roughly $86,666 per job. A very generous payoff to union workers, considering the average $46,100 annual salaries of Americans working in the private sector. That additional spending was partially paid for by reducing food stamps to the poor.
All with taxpayer money to buy votes. When it comes to votes, to hell witht the poor. Re-election at any and all costs. Oblamer really is Santa Claus to those whose votes he can buy. Are you one of his efls?

darlinedarline1...

I googled a bunch of these phrases and found a bunch of rightwing bloggers, so I don't know if there's any there there. Whatever. I think the bailout was a great thing to do. I don't feel all that bad about the GM bond and stockholders. I congratulate the workers, the teachers and the unions. I feel bad that Bain CEO Romney got $15 billion out of the Delphi thing.

See? That's Democracy works. You have the people you worship. I have the people who are on my side.

Art's picture
Art
Quote Art:

See? That's Democracy works. You have the people you worship. I have the people who are on my side.

It looks like one of them has a tail.

Choco's picture
Choco
It looks like one of them has a tail.
My favorite dance partner.

Art's picture
Art
Quote darlinedarline1@aol.com:

What is the lie? Did he not grant illegal aliens de facto amnesty? Did he not buy union votes with taxpayer money in the auto bailouts, especially in Ohio? You are full of it. Show me where what I posted was wrong, dipstick.

Well Dolt-line, I belong in a union and he didn't buy my vote. What he did was save this country from a depression that your buddy bush left us. If you want to start using taxpayer money as your basis to buy votes well I can give you plenty of examples of how your party has bought votes through the years using our tax dollars.

Next question.

Sprinklerfitter

So giving tax cuts is about freedum, but governing to protect citizens and promote commerce is buying votes?

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76

This was in mt e-mail

Douglas, tea party megalomaniac Allen West lost re-election to Democrat Patrick Murphy by 2,456 votes. Under Florida law, this is outside the range to trigger an automatic recount.

However, West is both certifiably crazy and extremely well funded, so he has filed lawsuits to try and overturn the election:

West, the south Florida Republican who has made headlines nationally for his fiery tea party rhetoric, filed motions asking a judge to require elections officials to impound ballots and voting machines. Separately, his campaign alleged "disturbing irregularities" at the polls and called for a recount.

Just when you thought the begging for money was over, it's not. Patrick Murphy is going to need some help battling off this legal challenge. West raised more cash than anyone in the House besides John Boehner. And, in a recount, he can go back to his donors for the maximum donation, again.

Please chip in $3 to help Patrick Murphy fight this legal battle. Let’s keep Allen West from polluting our politics any longer.

West was my rep for FL 22, but he ran in another after the gerrymander. My rep got elected, Lois Frankel [?] former mayor of West Palm Beach, is now dist 22 house rep.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Some amazing tweets from around the country, especially the deep south.

Art's picture
Art

Yes they were amazing.....and sad.

Sprinklerfitter
Yes they were amazing.....and sad.
Especially the stuff from the young college-age kids. These bigots will be around and propagating for another generation.

These are the racists that the Teabaggers denied exist, but would not lift a finger to repudiate.

Art's picture
Art

Who cares what an artifical, antidemocratic EC awards either Romney or Obama. All that matters is the popular vote... and what percentage of the voting age public that represents.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

On those tweets, they match the Ole' Miss student riots, after the election was called for Obama. Drunken White kids running around screaming about the "nigger". The good news so far is at least one of their top recruits for football has already said he is going to decommit, and is coming out for a visit to Arizona State! Fork'em Sun Devils!

No Poerpoint, the EC is very important, that is how the we elect the President. And, 330 is by conservative standards a landslide. The ideology of the right was crushed, and now it is time to govern.

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76
Quote Phaedrus76:No Poerpoint, the EC is very important, that is how the we elect the President. And, 330 is by conservative standards a landslide. The ideology of the right was crushed, and now it is time to govern.

The EC is an archaic and antidemocratic abomination. As I wrote in another thread... someone can win each state by one vote and if all the states had the winner take all system, that candidate would sweep ALL the EC votes. So would your EC sweep... the mother of all landslides, constitute a overwhelming mandate? Hardly. They'd still only get 50 more votes.

As for the Right... I certainly don't believe they've been crushed. There was talk back in 08 that the GOP was dead and then came the Tea Party. Like Clinton did in 92, they'll adapt a new message. He stole some traditional GOP issues like welfare reform, and putting more cops on the streets. The GOP will instead bring in some new dupes into their coalition of dupes... find some new wedge issues... continue their voter suppression... or some combination of all of the above. Losing by 3 million isn't a big deal. Obama got 9 million fewer votes then he got back in 08.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote Sprinklerfitter:

Well Dolt-line, I belong in a union and he didn't buy my vote. What he did was save this country from a depression that your buddy bush left us. If you want to start using taxpayer money as your basis to buy votes well I can give you plenty of examples of how your party has bought votes through the years using our tax dollars.

Next question.

Bullshit, he paid off the UAW for their support and assured himself the Latino (both legal and illegal) vote with his de facto amnesty.You have my sympathies on your union enslavement>

What party are you referring to as "mine"? If you are referring to the repulsive party, it is not mine. So you need to quit making false assumptions.

darlinedarline1...
Quote Sprinklerfitter:

Next question.

Bullshit, he paid off the UAW for their support and assured himself the Latino (both legal and illegal) vote with his de facto amnesty.You have my sympathies on your union enslavement>

What party are you referring to as "mine"? If you are referring to the repulsive party, it is not mine. So you need to quit making false assumptions.

sprinklerlitter..... nobody knows what "party" or groups darline aligns herself with.... I actually don't think she knows.

She will continue to restate the same lines over and over, so don't sweat her comments.

delete jan in iowa

Currently Chatting

Time to Rethink the War on Terror

Thom plus logo

When Eric Holder eventually steps down as Attorney General, he will leave behind a complicated legacy, some of it tragic, like his decision not to prosecute Wall Street after the financial crisis, and his all-out war on whistleblowers like Edward Snowden.