We need another stimulus program.
We should forget about the deficit and work on jobs. Plenty of time to work on the deficit after that. The gun issue while important should be ignored until the job problem is solved.
1) We should increase tariffs. This would encourage business to make things in the US. It would bring in revenues that would allow reducing the debt and increasing working class deductions. It would get people off welfare.
2) There are many things we need in the US that aren't made here. The government should open and run factories to make TV's, Computers, and appliances. It would take a while to get off the ground but it would provide jobs from day one. Once up and running the profits could be used to reduce the debt.
3) The banks are sitting on a lot of money they should be nationalized with appropriate compensation to the stockholders.
4) The retirement age should be lowered to 60.
5) The cap on social security taxes should be removed.
6) Business expenses deductions for moving a job out of the US should be ended. Today moving expenses can be deducted regardless of destination.
7) We should go to medicare for all.
8) The first 10,000 in money dividends from stocks should be tax free anything above that should be taxed as ordinary income. Stock dividends should be taxed in the year given at strike price.
9) A 1/4% tax per stock trade should be enacted to discourage speculation.
10) The US should close all military bases in Europe and the middle east after a 2 year notice. The Europeans can afford to defend themselves.