TX style conflict resolution

41 posts / 0 new

Besides the recent college shoot out, Happy Birthday present TX style

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Comments

Comments on that article vary, but some think more guns is the answer. So if you pass through TX first get a few guns. Then to answer the door, don't fall for the peephole gambit, they could blow your eyes out. A glass eye prosthetic can be held to the peephole on a chop stick or permanently attach it with some shims up front and duct tape. A sliding cover blocks the peephole until the door rings. Draw your weapon of choice, stand to the side and raise the cover to show your glass eye. If your door is not shot out, open the deadbolt with the chain still attached and peek after first crouching. Ask the intruder to produce her weapons. Keeping your guns in hand, release the chain and aim your piece at the intruder's privates. Ask the intruder to put her weapons on the floor. With the pen and pad on the floor, give her your order, 1 Thin Miint and 2 Do-Si-Dos are nice.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

I always answer the door holding a gun for one reason only on one comes by my house unannounced. This type of thing is not just a Texas issue it is a crazy humans live everywhere thing. Banning guns from the 99 percent that follow the law to prevent the one percent from breaking it is a stupid progressive policy. We should take the same approach for their fat asses and ban forks because it is obviously the fork that is making them fat, not poor life decisions and lack of exercise.

firearm owner
Quote firearm owner:

I always answer the door holding a gun for one reason only on one comes by my house unannounced. This type of thing is not just a Texas issue it is a crazy humans live everywhere thing.

Yep, apparently some very crazy person, with serious paranoia issues, lives very near the computer you typed this on.

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76

not crazy or paranoid just careful because I know how the world works. better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it, but this concept might be to much for some to understand

firearm owner

There were no recent shootings on a college campus in Texas.

Redwing's picture
Redwing

saddly there was one yesterday. this will give more ammo for the anti gun people.

firearm owner

A shooting on campus is impossible. Guns are not allowed on campus in TX, even if it is gang related. As we all know, laws will prevent any type of mayhem from happening. Therefore, there could not have been any shooting.

Redwing's picture
Redwing

Actually, two gun enthusiasts were both armed on a college campus. So the presence of firearms neither made them more polite, or increased the safety of anyone. The firearms certainly made their lack of civility more lethal, to themselves and the janitor.

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76

A shooting on campus is impossible. Guns are not allowed on campus in TX, even if it is gang related. As we all know, laws will prevent any type of mayhem from happening. Therefore, there could not have been any shooting.

Redwing's picture
Redwing

Kind of like dominos, one guy shoots, an armed witness shoots the first shooter, another armed witness takes out the last shooter, then the law abiding students put a stop to it because without guns shootings stop. Now if everyone was armed it would end when the last of the 1500 shoots the last one standing.

Firearm, do you pat down the girl scouts selling cookies? Or just conduct all transactions through a mail slot in the door? They can slide a receipt under the door, too.They are short and at just the right height of a mail slot so that could be dangerous. You could get a kevlar vest and buy a box of Do-Si-Dohs with confidence.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

no I answer the door with the firearm out of sight if it is no threat i put the gun down on the counter next to the door.

you can try and make me look crazy if you like but that will not stop the facts. the bad guys in the area know I will fight back, so they do not come around any more.

firearm owner

I agree with redwing here, libs want us to believe laws will stop crime and bans will stop guns. but you can buy crack in everywhere in america but crack is illegal.

firearm owner
Quote firearm owner:

saddly there was one yesterday. this will give more ammo for the anti gun people.

I know you live in a state of perpetual fear... not just of door knocks but of jack booted thugs wanting to take your guns. But the simple fact your NRA propagandized mind won't let you comprehend is there are few actual anti-gun people. You're so far off on the Gun Nut fringe you lump them together with people who respect Ninth Amendment gun rights BUT want sensible restrictions.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote firearm owner:

I agree with redwing here, libs want us to believe laws will stop crime and bans will stop guns. but you can buy crack in everywhere in america but crack is illegal.

Laws "curb" crime. They don't eliminate it. Guns are not exempt from that fact. According to Redwing there can't be fatal crashes from drunk drivers because it's against the law to drink too much and drive. If you truly want to eliminate all laws concerning guns then you had better start fighting to eliminate regulations on DUI's, abortions, drugs, theft, manslaughter, murder, etc. If laws and regulations make no difference then we've been wasting all this time for nothing.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

In a perverse way, you are correct. Laws create a lucerative market for those that wish to ignore them. Strict enforcement is the only way to turn the ship around.

Redwing's picture
Redwing

whos idea of sensible restrictions are we goi.g to use the total gun ban crowd or the no restrictions at all crowd. how much of your freedoms are you willing to give up?

firearm owner
Quote firearm owner:

no I answer the door with the firearm out of sight if it is no threat i put the gun down on the counter next to the door.

you can try and make me look crazy if you like but that will not stop the facts. the bad guys in the area know I will fight back, so they do not come around any more.

With all due respect... you do a better job of making yourself "look crazy" than anything anyone else could possibly write...

Answering the door with a loaded weapon... sigh.....

norske's picture
norske
Quote firearm owner:

whos idea of sensible restrictions are we goi.g to use the total gun ban crowd or the no restrictions at all crowd. how much of your freedoms are you willing to give up?

I am willing to give up the freedoms for convicted violent felons and the mentally insane from owning firearms. At this point, 92% of Americans agree with that idea. The last dumbass retards left opposing that is you, Redwing, and MauiWowie.

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76

mentally ill and violent felons are already prohibited from owning fire arms. so what is the purpose of the proposed gun, ammo, and mag ban?

once the second amendment falls what other rights are next? how much more government control of your life are you willing to accept?

firearm owner
Quote Phaedrus76:

I am willing to give up the freedoms for convicted violent felons and the mentally insane from owning firearms. At this point, 92% of Americans agree with that idea. The last dumbass retards left opposing that is you, Redwing, and MauiWowie.

Not only is that the current law, it should be expanded to voting rights also. It appears felons and mentally insane elected Al Franken senator.

You can now throw your favorite word "rascist" in your next post. Al Franken is Jewish.

Redwing's picture
Redwing
Quote firearm owner:once the second amendment falls what other rights are next? how much more government control of your life are you willing to accept?

Gee FO, are you in the well regulated militia... now the National Guard?

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote firearm owner:

mentally ill and violent felons are already prohibited from owning fire arms. so what is the purpose of the proposed gun, ammo, and mag ban?

Even assuming this is true in every state... what good does it do if there are background check loopholes?

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

Patrick Leahy has proposed stricter enforcement of those laws, in conjunction with gun show compliance with the same laws. Background checks that are not required at gun shows by non-licensed dealers would be required under his bill. If you sell a gun to a known felon, or mental patient you will be prosecuted which is the point of registration. None of this has anything to do with 2nd amendment.

Entering the gun serial number in the buyer's home state data base also alerts the state if the purchase is one prohibited by state law. The buyer could claim it is for his property in FL and still be within the law, but the gunrunners up I-95 to the stricter states just got a new hoop to jump through.

The Sandy Hook shooter tried to buy a gun and was denied. CT might have a pretty good dealer protocol in place. Had a liability law with severe consequences been in place the mother might have gone the extra mile to secure her toys.

The people on the international no-fly list really shouldn't be allowed to purchase a trailer full of semi-automatic rifles with grenade launchers at a gun show, but that's just me. Background data base could cross reference the Homeland Security data base without too much modification. The county hosting the gun show should be held liable for any seller's non-compliance. The county could provide plain clothes personnel for random checks for compliance by the dealers and non-licensed sellers. Concealed carry owners ought to get immediate clearance with a simple swipe card and PIN code entry that prints a receipt for the seller and the buyer. Trial lawyers have a pretty good record of getting compliance with laws on the books. Lawsuits are leverage for responsible behaviour.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

as a citizen of the u.s. i fall under the second amendment as all able bodied citizens were part of the malitia by default.

USMC CPL Combat Vet

firearm owner

background checks are required for all sales even private to private owners. I bought a fire arm from a friend when i transfered ownership at the local police station they preformed a back ground check as well.

firearm owner

what loopholes?

firearm owner
Quote firearm owner:

as a citizen of the u.s. i fall under the second amendment as all able bodied citizens were part of the malitia by default.

USMC CPL Combat Vet

Sorry.... no cigar for wrong... or delusional, answers. If you're claiming protection through the original intent of the Second Amendment... please try again. Are you now a member of the well-regulated militia subject to Article 1 and 2 of the Constitution? Surely you've heard of it... right?

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

I know what you are looking for, you want me to say yes so you can claim gun bans are in the power of congress and the president to enforce as they see fit. which is not what the intent of the 2nd amendment was. I am a american fighting man as a citizen I can keep and bear arms.

firearm owner

Pierpont when the japanese attacked alaska during ww2, was it a well regulated militia or armed citizens that fought the japanese until the army arrived? was it a well regulated militia or armed citizens that help the army stay fed and helped reple the invading army?

firearm owner
Quote firearm owner:

I know what you are looking for, you want me to say yes so you can claim gun bans are in the power of congress and the president to enforce as they see fit. which is not what the intent of the 2nd amendment was. I am a american fighting man as a citizen I can keep and bear arms.

Have a credible source for your claims? Do you even know what "credible" or "source" even mean?

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote firearm owner:

Pierpont when the japanese attacked alaska during ww2, was it a well regulated militia or armed citizens that fought the japanese until the army arrived? was it a well regulated militia or armed citizens that help the army stay fed and helped reple the invading army?

Do you have a credible source to prove this was the constitutional militia of Articles 1 and 2? After 1903 this would have to be the state national guard... though since Alaska wasn't a state it could not have been the constitutional militia. So what's your point?

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

yep its called a history book. yes i do i choose not to post it so you have to do your own reseach.

you were trying to catch me in a catch 22 moment, if I am part of a militia than I am subject to the rules as congress sees fit. if I say I am not part of a militia than I am not allowed to own a gun.

do you have a credible source for this point of view?

firearm owner

The gun show loophole that doesn't exist:

Sheet: Gun Show Loophole Arms Criminals

The “Gun Show Loophole” is a gap in federal law that allows private citizens, who are not licensed firearms dealers, to sell guns without conducting background checks or keeping records. These “private sellers” often sell guns at the thousands of gun shows that take place every weekend across the country. But, private sales of guns also take place daily between individuals as people sell guns to family members, friends and strangers without any requirement that the purchaser undergo a background check.

• Federal law requires federally licensed gun dealers (FFLs) to conduct background checks on all buyers to make sure they are not felons or otherwise prohibited from owning guns. Dealers must conduct background checks whether at their primary place of business, or at a gun show. Dealers also keep buyer records in the event a gun is recovered in a crime and ATF needs to trace its serial number to its owner.
  • Private sellers are not required to conduct background checks or keep records. In fact, federal law prevents private sellers from access to the National Instant Background Check System (NICS).
  • Many criminals, knowing they can bypass background checks by purchasing from private sellers, use gun shows and individual sales as their source for obtaining guns.

The gun show loophole facilitates
sales to criminals:

• 30% of trafficking: One ATF study found that over 10,000 crime guns traced in a year were connected to gun shows – about 30% of all crime guns traced that year.
  • “Gun shows and flea markets are a major venue for illegal trafficking.” according to the ATF.
  • Columbine: All four guns used in the Columbine school
    massacre were bought at gun shows without background checks.
  • New York City’s investigation of gun shows: In 2009, the City of New York sent undercover investigators to gun shows in Ohio, Tennessee and Nevada to find out if private sellers and federally licensed gun dealers at the shows would engage in illegal sales practices. They found that 74% of sellers approached by investigators, who verbally indicated they were legally prohibited from having guns, were willing to make the sale.

Widespread support for closing the
gun show loophole:

• A majority of NRA members support closing the loophole: In a poll conducted by Republican pollster Frank Luntz, 69% of NRA members and 85% of non-NRA gun owners supported background checks for all gun sales at gun shows.
  • 87% of Americans favor a requirement that everyone who sells guns at gun shows conduct criminal background checks on all purchases, according to a bipartisan 2008 poll.

Dept. of the Treasury, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms, “Following the Gun: Enforcing Federal Laws Against Firearms Traffickers” (June 2000), available at http://www.atf.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/pdf/followingthegun_internet.pdf (documents criminal investigations started July 1996 through December 1998).

Sraw purchasers in fast and furious legally sold their guns to cartels. AZ law permits sales to cartel members, or felons, or mental clinic escapees, or jihadis. That's what you want though because you're a 2nd amendment guy.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee
Quote pierpont:Do you have a credible source to prove this was the constitutional militia of Articles 1 and 2? After 1903 this would have to be the state national guard... though since Alaska wasn't a state it could not have been the constitutional militia. So what's your point?
Quote firearm owner:yep its called a history book. yes i do i choose not to post it so you have to do your own reseach.
Get a clue Einstein... it's not our job to prove you what claim. We can chalk that up to just another of your baseless claims. Perhaps you took a wrong turn on the way to the crackpot forum at www.gulliblegunnuts.com and ended up here by mistake.

Quote firearm owner:you were trying to catch me in a catch 22 moment, if I am part of a militia than I am subject to the rules as congress sees fit. if I say I am not part of a militia than I am not allowed to own a gun.

I've explained my point of view here countless times. The Second prevents the federal government from disarming the militias made up of the People (able bodied white men 18-45) it created... period. This differs from any natural right to own a firearm which like marriage, falling in love, having kids, is an unenumerated right covered by the Ninth. Problem here is everyone... especially on the social Right wants to bury the Ninth fearing people will claim rights they don't want people to have like same sex marriage. As Bork once said the Ninth is like an inkblot on the Constitution beneath which we can never know what the Framers meant. But politics demands there be gun rights... so the court went along with the NRA's bastardized version of Second to invent the right there... all because they so cherish the Constitution, of course.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

My point is that armed citizens do infact keep the government in check and do infact help uphold the laws as well as defend the area from invasion.

firearm owner
Quote firearm owner:

My point is that armed citizens do infact keep the government in check and do infact help uphold the laws as well as defend the area from invasion.

TRANSLATION... you can't prove your claims and you're moving the goal post to another unproven claim. Show us ANYWHERE IN LAW where the government gives permission to the armed mob... or even the constitutional militia, to keep the government in check. Madison could say whatever he wanted in Federalist 46... but if it wasn't written into law... IT'S NOT LAW. Gettin' any of this yet Einstein?

The constitutional militia was ALWAYS meant to be under strict civil control. That's what's meant by well regulated. See the Militia Acts. The Constitution AND the Militia Acts are also quite clear the militia was to be used to SUPPRESS insurrections... not cause them. In the same year that Dan Shays led some 1500 men to attack the federal armory in Springfield looking for better weapons, do you seriously believe the Framers trusted armed mobs? They didn't even trust the People enough to elect a president without the EC in the middle.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote firearm owner:

yep its called a history book. yes i do i choose not to post it so you have to do your own reseach.

you were trying to catch me in a catch 22 moment, if I am part of a militia than I am subject to the rules as congress sees fit. if I say I am not part of a militia than I am not allowed to own a gun.

Probably Congress should require you to keep your gun stashed in the well regulated militia's armory until the militia is called to duty.

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

polycarp2
Quote Redwing:
Quote Phaedrus76:

Not only is that the current law, it should be expanded to voting rights also. It appears felons and mentally insane elected Al Franken senator.

You can now throw your favorite word "rascist" in your next post. Al Franken is Jewish.

But then how do felons get guns? Gun shows and private purchases!
Which current law allows felons and insane people to go buy guns with no background check.
And if criminals and insane people are voting in large numbers... I thought banksters, rich psychopaths, Enron management and gun enthusiasts who need AR15s to defend themselves from the Fedrool gubmint were conservatives? Wouldn't they vote Republican?

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76
Quote Phaedrus76:

But then how do felons get guns? Gun shows and private purchases! Which current law allows felons and insane people to go buy guns with no background check. And if criminals and insane people are voting in large numbers... I thought banksters, rich psychopaths, Enron management and gun enthusiasts who need AR15s to defend themselves from the Fedrool gubmint were conservatives? Wouldn't they vote Republican?

Maybe they got them from Eric Holder.

How did booze get into the US during prohibition? How do people get heroin, meth, crack, and cocaine? There is a market for it, and people will supply it.

Redwing's picture
Redwing

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/navy-seal-sniper-murdered-texas-gun-range-18390387

At a shooting range, everyone armed, everyone skilled. Vets are killing themselves about one every 75 minutes if they haven't killed their girl friend or wife. NRA says they have a right to it, but sometimes somebody has to relieve them of their guns, I think Wayne Lapierre should do it him self.

20% PTSD and republicans want to cut spending so that means they won't get treated, but they get a gun. How many were deployed? 160K in Afghan 200K in Iraq, so only 70,000 armed PTSD should be no problem, as long as taxes don't go up.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Currently Chatting

The Death of the Middle Class was by Design...

Even in the face of the so-called Recovery, poverty and inequality are getting worse in our country, and more wealth and power is flowing straight to the top. According to Paul Buchheit over at Alternet, this is the end result of winner-take-all capitalism, and this destruction of the working class has all been by design.