Status of the gun industry

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
Redwing
Redwing's picture

Obama's stimulus plan is working.

A current snapshot from a few suppliers.

Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.

RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1. Remington-Maxed out!

Armalite: Maxed out.

DPMS: Can't get enough parts fast enough to produce any more product.

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's.

Glock: 700,000 backorders and counting

LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly.

MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.

RELOADERS... ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes... it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up.

Imports to fill the voids are pouring into the U.S. daily.

Comments

DynoDon
Bring on the Revolution! Any

Bring on the Revolution! Any anti-drone missles available?

Redwing
Redwing's picture
The listed suppliers only

The listed suppliers only manufacture small arms.  Military grade ordinance is not available to the general public.  If you feel the need for a anti-drone missle, you will have to join the military.

Bush_Wacker
Bush_Wacker's picture
Yep, the NRA is getting the

Yep, the NRA is getting the job done just like they are paid to do.

Paleo-con
The NRA is doing squat.  

The NRA is doing squat.   Perhaps, at the most, sitting back and having a good laugh.  If you want to know who is getting the job done, just look to the President and his minions on the left.  The old adage is, when your competitor is in the process of destroying themselves; stay out of the way.

Redwing
Redwing's picture
I agree on the Fact the NRA

I agree on the Fact the NRA is having a good laugh but I do think they are letting their presence be felt in Washington and each of the States that are feeling pressure to pass more usless laws.  I still think this is the single best cause that would re-unite a need for changes in Wasnington and individual states.  I repeat numbers every week.  Last night at our Municipal shooting range which is open only three hours once per weeknight, we had 64 shooters through the doors, 27 of then were NEW firearms owners, and 16 of those were 21-55 year old females.  Start messing with the magazine size in their Glocks, and let's see how their votes get cast.  The Democrat "war on women shooters" may literally blow up in their face.

"Here in this country they like to try to tell me that a woman who is raped and strangled with her own underwear is morally superior to a woman who has to explain to an officer why her attacker has a bullet hole in his chest."

KTBR

DynoDon
The Politics of Fear

The Politics of Fear continues.............

I suspect the US will never lose it's Wild West mentality and will forever be a violent nation. There is a reason European countries don't have the gun violence we do. Funny how european countries, even with all the conquering that has occured in the past 1000 years, don't have the love affair with the gun. I guess it's just America's curse we have to live with.

Redwing
Redwing's picture
One can pack, and head off to

One can pack, and head off to greener pastures where you would never have a fear of violence.  It is one of our great freedoms.

tomas.savage
tomas.savage's picture
it's not going to blow up in

it's not going to blow up in anyone's face.  most people aren't gun-issue voters.  women aren't going to suddenly switch to the republican-we-want-to-control-your-womb party because obama restricts magazine size.

Redwing
Redwing's picture
In the 200 or so new students

In the 200 or so new students we have taught in the last two months, I would beg to differ with that comment. Your "war on women" hoax may not trump your "war on women shooters" hoax.  Hopefully, we shall see. Every vote gained, is one taken from the other side and nobody was "disenfranchised" in the process.  Not even a voter ID needed.  Just a carry permit.

KTBR

al3
al3's picture
tomas.savage wrote:it's not

tomas.savage wrote:
it's not going to blow up in anyone's face.  most people aren't gun-issue voters.  women aren't going to suddenly switch to the republican-we-want-to-control-your-womb party because obama restricts magazine size.

Redwing wrote:
In the 200 or so new students we have taught in the last two months, I would beg to differ with that comment. Your "war on women" hoax may not trump your "war on women shooters" hoax. Hopefully, we shall see. Every vote gained, is one taken from the other side.

Not to worry.   The next bout of "Republican Tourette's" will erase those 200 votes, and then some, pretty quick.  Ask Claire McCaskill.

"You've been Akin'd"

Redwing
Redwing's picture
You requested, and American

You requested, and American creativity quickly responded.  It took just a couple of weeks to perfect.  Now, for your un-bannable enjoyment, a fully functioning Hi Capacity magazine (clip for you less informed)  produced on a common 3D printer. Not only in the normal 30 round capacity, but an improved 40 rounders for all those who really hate groundhogs.  Fully functioning rifles are next in the lineup.  None of which were available, or even desired, until the knee jerk anti-gun nuts started foaming at the mouth.  Be careful what you wish for.

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2013/02/3d-printed-mag-good-for-347-rounds....

DdC
DdC's picture
Same frickin morons making

Same frickin morons making foreign corporations rich in the name of Americans safety. Such liars. The NRAd agency sells assault weapons of mass destruction. Don't make them, and no one gets shot. Don't exploit them and gunuts won't get drunk and lose them to the black market. The NRA/Prison Industrial Complex/Military Industrial Complex will be the ones coming for your pop guns ass. With for profit tax paid rentacops doing the grunt work. The militias. The pissant gunuts ain't going to profit anymore than sticking their tongues out waiting for tinkle down to happen. Or jerking plastic flags, made with Iraqi crude oil sold to china for Walmart white elephant sales. Taking American jobs and supporting the enemy shooting at our kid soldiers doesn't sound patriotic to me. But then the Neocons have always been patriotic to OPEC, ask shoot em in the face Chiney. The trolls work for walmart st, not democracy. Grow up.

Same message different Neocon.

"Secular schools can never be tolerated because such schools have no religious instruction, and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air; consequently, all character training and religion must be derived from faith . . . we need believing people."
Adolf Hitler, April 26, 1933, from a speech made during negotiations leading to the Nazi Vatican Concordant of 1933

How Are ALEC Laws Undermining Our Democracy?

ALEC is funded by the usual suspects: the Koch brothers, Exxon Mobil, and the NRA to name a few. "The group boasts that twenty percent or so of the nearly 1,000 bills it introduces each year become law." Over 2,000 state legislators are said to belong to ALEC, of which most are Republican.

In addition to the Florida bill that ALEC and the NRA call the "Castle Doctrine Act," (also known as the "Stand Your Ground" law which will likely be used as a defense in the Trayvon Martin killing), ALEC model bills have served as the template for "voter ID" laws that swept the country in 2011, for the "voucher" programs that privatize public education, for anti-environmental bills, anti-immigrant legislation, and for the wave of anti-worker legislation pushed over the past year in Wisconsin, Ohio, New Hampshire, Indiana, and most recently, in Arizona.

The Corrosive Effect of the Koch/ALEC Cabal on U.S. and World Governments

Meet the industry that makes the Koch brothers look poor (VIDEO)

Co-authored by Jesse Lava

When will the United States start thinking beyond bars?

This nation is now spending over $200 billion a year on a justice system that locks up more people than any country on earth. We have more prisoners than China. More than Russia. More than anyone. This colossal system is hitting our communities with staggering financial and human costs — gobbling resources that should be going to strengthening communities.

That’s why we’re teaming up with a slew of great organizations and launching a major new campaign at Brave New Foundation. The campaign is called Beyond Bars. It aims to change Americans’ thinking and inspire action through short videos and shareable graphics exposing the U.S. system of mass incarceration.

Our new video shows the prison system as the giant beast that it is...

This video was done in partnership with a host of groups, showing the widespread hunger to create a sense of public urgency around mass incarceration: cont:michaelmoore.com

Same message different Neocon.

"The size of the lie is a definite factor in causing it to be believed, for the vast masses of the nation are in the depths of their hearts more easily deceived than they are consciously and intentionally bad. The primitive simplicity of their minds renders them a more easy prey to a big lie than a small one, for they themselves often tell little lies but would be ashamed to tell a big one."
From Benito Mussolini contributing to the "London Sunday Express," December 8, 1935

Fox News: The No. 1 Name in Murder Fantasies

Bill O'Reilly's recent "joke" about decapitating Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank was only the latest example of a demented Fox News culture that permits on-air personalities to fantasize about assassination and other forms of violence against those deemed enemies of the station, its personalities or their worldview.During the cable channel's ...

Guns and Terrorism: Two Unasked Question in Tucson Mass Murder

Question: How does a mentally unstable man who was kicked out of school and had run-ins with the law buy an assault weapon? The weapon reportedly used in the mass murders in Tucson was an assault weapon - a Glock 19, semi-automatic pistol, with an extended magazine. That weapon was ...

The NRA Can’t Take Yes For An Answer

Earlier this week, one of the biggest backers of the Republican Party, the NRA, refused to meet with President Obama to discuss vital gun control measures supported by 86% of Americans, 80% of gun owners, and roughly 70% of their own membership. President Obama pointed out in a Sunday op-ed ...

Lots of Blood on Lots of Hands

Guns don’t kill people. Bullets kill people. And bullets come from guns fired by people to kill other people. And we saw this again Monday at a high school in Ohio when one student was killed and four others wounded (two critically) by a young man who fired away in ...

ALEC Ratified NRA-Conceived Law That May Protect Trayvon Martin's Killer

A Florida law that may protect the man who shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in February is the template for an American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) "model bill" that has been pushed in other states. The bill was brought to ALEC by the National Rifle Association (NRA). Florida's "stand ...

"Wacko Wayne": NRA Speech Called "Delusional," "Revolting," And "Insane"
alecexposed.org

Guns, Prisons, Crime, and Immigration

Efforts to Rewrite Americans' Rights; Changes that Imprison More People for Longer and Make More Money

How Are Corporations Interfering With Our Criminal Justice System?

Corporations and their politician allies voted behind closed doors through ALEC to change America's criminal justice system and enrich profits. Click here for a zip file of Guns, Prisons, Crime, and Immigration bills

Same message different Neocons.

"All propaganda must be so popular and on such an intellectual level, that even the most stupid of those towards whom it is directed will understand it. Therefore, the intellectual level of the propaganda must be lower the larger the number of people who are to be influenced by it."

"Through clever and constant application of propaganda, people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way around, to consider the most wretched sort of life as paradise."
From Benito Mussolini,
"London Sunday Express," December 8, 1935

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others."
Harry Anslinger, U.S. Commissioner of Narcotics, testifying to Congress on why marijuana should be made illegal, 1937.
(Marijuana Tax Act, signed Aug. 2, 1937; effective Oct. 1, 1937.)

tomas.savage
tomas.savage's picture
Redwing wrote: In the 200 or

Redwing wrote:

In the 200 or so new students we have taught in the last two months, I would beg to differ with that comment. Your "war on women" hoax may not trump your "war on women shooters" hoax.  Hopefully, we shall see. Every vote gained, is one taken from the other side and nobody was "disenfranchised" in the process.  Not even a voter ID needed.  Just a carry permit.

KTBR

you can beg to differ all you want, the only people new gun laws are going to anger are gun nuts, and they already vote retardlican.

Redwing
Redwing's picture
As we are a municipal

As we are a municipal facility, the vast majority of our new students are wives of fire fighters, police, postal, and homeland security personnel.  Far from Republicans when they enter out program.  During the training they learn to shoot, or not shoot, and defend themselves if needed.  The conversion to the conservative side comes naturally when they learn they no longer have to depend on others to protect themselves from imminent danger. Becoming an independent women with a firearm and the knowledge of how to use it proficiently is extremely satisifing for the student as well as the instructors.

Come on out of your shell.  Empowerment and independence is a wonderful thing,  you should try it sometime. I have plenty of students that could show you a thing or two about self reliance and the ability to fend for yourself.

DynoDon
Most people in the world

Most people in the world don't need a gun to feel empowered and self reliant. What biblical chapter and verse says any weapon besides faith in God is necessary?

Redwing
Redwing's picture
Trying to convert this into a

Trying to convert this into a biblical discussion is a foolish endeavor, but here are a couple of examples and we can leave it at that.

Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Psalm 18:34 He teaches my hands to make war, So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Exodus 22:2-3 If a thief is found breaking in and is struck so that he dies, there shall be no bloodguilt for him, but if the sun has risen on him, there shall be bloodguilt for him. He shall surely pay. If he has nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft.

Exodus 21:24-25 

Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

1 Samuel 25:13 

And David said to his men, “Every man strap on his sword!” And every man of them strapped on his sword. David also strapped on his sword. And about four hundred men went up after David, while two hundred remained with the baggage.

Nehemiah 4:8-23 In Nehemiah 4, Israelites have been sent back from captivity to rebuild Jerusalem. They were rebuilding their lives with the sanction of the civil ruler, King Artaxerxes. This was not a wartime scenario. It was closer to a racial integration scenario where racists wanted to kill them. Think of the KKK threatening black homeowners and students. They are surrounded by people who hate them and want to kill them. These were citizens, not soldiers. Nehemiah 4:13 says that people stationed "people by families" around the city. These were not trained soldiers or law enforcement officers. They were merely concerned residents and settlers—citizens, not professional soldiers or law enforcement agents. Note that these families were armed, with "their swords, their spears, and their bows." This is a situation where they are willing to apply lethal force to defend themselves. Let's briefly discuss swords, spears, and bows. Swords and daggers killed Ehud, Amasa, and eighty priests. At longer ranges, we know bows and slings killed men like Goliath, King Joram, and King Ahab. Spears killed men like Asahel, Absaolm, the Israelite man and the Midianitish woman, and many others. These are handguns, shotguns, and rifles. These are implements of lethal force. In fact, at close range, a sword is more deadly than a handgun. These ancient weapons are as deadly as their modern counterparts. Note that they are carrying these weapons for personal defense and civil defense, and that these are "assault weapons", namely, the same types of weapons that armies would use for offensive purposes. And why wouldn't they want assault weapons (for those weapons are the most effective weapons for defending oneself)? Why would you not want to use the best tools available for the task at hand? Against what are they defending themselves? The crime of unlawful, racist murder. Hate crimes. They are defending their lives and their homes. Nehemiah 4:14 specifically says, "...fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your houses." It is good and right to defend your family, even using lethal force weapons. One final observation: In self-defense, these citizens did not merely own weapons. Rather, where they perceived a risk of harm to their persons, they carried their weapons with them, as many people legally carry weapons with them today, for the purpose of self-protection: Nehemiah 4 17 Those who were rebuilding the wall and those who carried burdens took their load with one hand doing the work and the other holding a weapon. 18 As for the builders, each wore his sword girded at his side as he built, while the trumpeter stood near me. ... 21 So we carried on the work with half of them holding spears from dawn until the stars appeared. .... 23 So neither I, my brothers, my servants, nor the men of the guard who followed me, none of us removed our clothes, each took his weapon even to the water. Luke 22:35-39 And He said to them, "When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?" So they said, "Nothing." 36 Then He said to them, "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. 37 "For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: 'And He was numbered with the transgressors.' For the things concerning Me have an end." 38 So they said, "Lord, look, here are two swords." And He said to them, "It is enough." 39 Coming out, He went to the Mount of Olives, as He was accustomed, and His disciples also followed Him.

tomas.savage
tomas.savage's picture
Redwing wrote: As we are a

Redwing wrote:

As we are a municipal facility, the vast majority of our new students are wives of fire fighters, police, postal, and homeland security personnel.  Far from Republicans when they enter out program.  During the training they learn to shoot, or not shoot, and defend themselves if needed.  The conversion to the conservative side comes naturally when they learn they no longer have to depend on others to protect themselves from imminent danger. Becoming an independent women with a firearm and the knowledge of how to use it proficiently is extremely satisifing for the student as well as the instructors.

Come on out of your shell.  Empowerment and independence is a wonderful thing,  you should try it sometime. I have plenty of students that could show you a thing or two about self reliance and the ability to fend for yourself.

no worries there buds.  women they can feel empowered without assault weapons.  they would still have a vast arsenal of firearms to choose from.  there will be no shortage.

DynoDon
I was thinking more new

I was thinking more new testament. And I have no problem if everyone had swords-not guns. Did jesus say anything like,"Blessed is Smith & Wesson for they shall protect the people"?  Remember, eye for an eye just leaves everyone blind.

Redwing
Redwing's picture
Only if you have one eye to

Only if you have one eye to begin with.

DynoDon
I guess conservatives are Old

I guess conservatives are Old Testament and Liberals are New Testament. Less one-eyed people with New Testament.

Redwing
Redwing's picture
A new American industry is

A new American industry is blossoming.  Fully functional, 3D printed lower receivers  (the serial niumbered part of the dreaded AR rifle) are now tested and working.  All this coming a mere 8 weeks after the knee-jerkers promised these rfles would be removed from the public. 45 round magazines were produced days following the introduction of Feinsteins bill,  and thanks to American ingenuity, the only bannable part of this firearm can now come off a printer. To top that off, it is disposable if one chooses.  Never doubt the creative ability of the American engineer to out think the American politician.