Justice Ginsburg SLAMS the FASCIST 5 in her dissent on Voting Rights Act case

6 posts / 0 new

Justice Ginsburg's scathing dissenting opinion in this case will stand along side the dissents written by now-retired Justice Stevens in CITIZENS UNITED, and HELLER, and BUSH v. GORE.

Stevens, and now Ginsburg, are documenting for history, the FASCIST take-over of America by the 5 "justices" in the Majority.

Hopefully, in the not too distant future, those dissenting opinions will become the "trial briefs" for IMPEACHMENT proceedings against Roberts, Scalia, Thomas, Alito and Kennedy.
This is NOT overheated, hyperbolic rhetoric. It is a simple statement of FACT - We no longer live in a democratic republic. The 5 DICTATORS on the Supreme Court have just overturned a law that was re-authorized in congress on votes of 390-33 vote in the House and a 98-0 vote in the Senate.

The Supreme Court has said a resounding "F*** YOU!" to the American people.

Read about Ginsburg's dissent, here: http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/06/ruth-bader-ginsburg-voting-rights-act-dissent.php

Steve.I.Am's picture
Steve.I.Am

Comments

Quote Steve.I.Am:[...]This is NOT overheated, hyperbolic rhetoric.[...]

Read about Ginsburg's dissent, here: http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/06/ruth-bader-ginsburg-voting-rights-act-dissent.php

Of course it is. The sCOTUS left intact section 5 which allows Congress to formulate a new list of states that doesn't use out-dated 60 year old criteria.

mjolnir's picture
mjolnir

Ginsburg's got it right: “Throwing out preclearance when it has worked and is continuing to work to stop discriminatory changes is like throwing away your umbrella in a rainstorm because you are not getting wet.” She's such a treasure... and you're right about the dictator majority.

Zenzoe

The word "Democracy" comes from the Greek: Demos = "the People" and Cratia = "Rule." So, literally, democracy means a political system where "The People Rule."

That is clearly NOT what happened today in the Supreme Court. There, by a vote of 5 to 4, SCOTUS overturned a law that was overwhelmingly reaffirmed by Congress, the representatives of the People, just 7 years ago - NOT because the law ran afoul of the Constitution, but, because the 5 "justices" in the majority felt that the legislative branch didn't have the political courage to vote to end the Voting Rights Act.

The Supreme Court "legislated from the Bench" on a scale NEVER before seen in U.S. history. When 5 UNELECTED, UNACCOUNTABLE Judges can VETO the laws passed by OVERWHELMING majorities of the People's elected representatives for no good reason - other than that they disagreed with the political decision made by Congress - that is, by definition, "the end of American democracy."

Steve.I.Am's picture
Steve.I.Am

The present Supreme Court is just another symptom in the disease process--catering to any 'centralized process'--whether being a 'system's manager for the system's sake' being 'the system' of government or corporate interest apart from any concern or consideration that any individual could comprehend and understand...with past Supreme Court decisions such as Brown vs. The Board of Education, Loving vs. Virginia, Griswald vs. Connecticut, Lawrence vs. Texas and even Roe vs. Wade always centering their legal priorities to what interests each and every individual may have against any local, state or federal law applied against that....as natural law prerequisites against any positive law imposition....but the elitist Marxist intelligentsia presently promoted on this board don't see it that way....thus, promoting just another form of 'system's management for the system's sake'....which I don't think is 'democratic,' either....

Kerry's picture
Kerry

Great going conservatives. In the face of clear census data, and an avalanche of a trend against the White folks as the national majority you've gone all in on being the Whitey Party.

It is just like trying to talk the a group of drunk guys out of doing a stupid thing, talky talky is not going to keep them from lighting that fuse.

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76

Currently Chatting

Time for America to dump "homeland"...

It’s time to do away with the word “homeland." As the situation with ISIS continues to escalate, and as worries about terrorist attacks on American soil continue to spread, we’re hearing the term “homeland” mentioned more and more.