RIP HIGGINS

19 posts / 0 new

I am SO, SO sorry for your loss of Higgins, Thom and Louise. Having lost family members like this I know how difficult it is...especially since I've been listening to you for so long and know how important he was in your lives.

He is now running free at The Rainbow Bridge...with all our furry loved ones.

RIP Higgins.

RockTunz1's picture
RockTunz1

Comments

I feel almost like a member of my family has passed on as I've listened to Higgin's exploits for so many years now. I've buried many dogs and 1 cat in my 57 years and every one has been hard. Our current rescue cat, Marble, is starting to fade a bit and we'll spare no expense to keep her as happy and healthy as we can because she brings so much happiness to us. RIP Higgins. You will be missed.

fwk15152's picture
fwk15152

Thom and Louise,

I was so moved by Thom's description of Higgins passing. He has indeed passed over the rainbow bridge and into the light. Thank you Thom (and Higgins) for the smiles shared during the Goosellini stories. He knew you loved and cared for him. Bless you Thom and Louise.

Laurel Nelson-King's picture
Laurel Nelson-King

God bless Higgins and you and your family Thom.

johnrquinn's picture
johnrquinn

I'm wishing Higgins a wonderful journey. Surely Thom and Louise will recognize him when the wind blows through the trees and when the birds sing. They'll feel his presence when the rain cools off a hot day. Higgins is no longer sick. He's not sad and he's not afraid. He just IS.

enough_4_all's picture
enough_4_all

Thom and Louise, I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved cat Higgins. I feel like I have heard about him forever. Thank you for sharing Higgins with us all these years. I too have had a very special cat family member who we had for about 18 years and who died about 18 years ago. And yet is truly still a beloved memory for our family. I also couldn't bear to "put him down", so I watched over him and he died peacefully in my arms one morning and I was happy that was the path I chose. So please accept my condolences on your loss and know that Higgins will be in your heart forever.

denvereve

I lost one of my own two pets a month ago. It's hard. Little Snoopy had 21 good years and a really sad to watch two months.

I've gotten accustomed to hearing of Higgin's antics over the years. He will be missed.

Sorry, Thom.

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

polycarp2

I am so very, very sorry. Anytime one of my beloved pets dies, a part of me dies too, so yes – I can relate. Bless you, Thom and Louise, for all you have done for Higgins.

morgana's picture
morgana

What a lovable, amazing cat Higgins must've been! I'm so sorry for your loss...He did "live large" on the floating home in Portland and now the boat, not to mention the previous abodes, I'd imagine! Not a bad life for a persipicacious feline such as himself! This devoted listener here in southeast Georgia sends her very best to both you and Louise -- very sad news, to be sure.

wamy49's picture
wamy49

the Circle of Life has closed for Higgins. He is now in a better place with no pain. He gave us years of great stories.

Peace,

Soozc

soozc

I, too, have lost many beloved pets during my 65 years and each time it is heartbreaking. I always loved hearing your stories about Higgins through the years and felt like I knew him. He certainly was lucky to have found you and Louise from his days in the fraternity house! All of your love made his transition a little easier, and he is in sublime Peace and Love now.

skypeach

Dear Thom and Louise,

So very sorry about Higgins. As we listened to you talk about his last hours with you, it brought us to tears reliving the loss of our cat Dude. We have had many cats and many tearful last hours. It never seems to get easier. We all love our critters so much. God bless all of you, and of course, Higgins is very happy somewhere special.

Wess & Sig Sobczak

Wess N Sig's picture
Wess N Sig

I was very sorry to hear about Higgins, but, I wanted to say, when I was listening earlier, a woman named Linda called and suggested feeding a vegetarian diet to cats. DO NOT do this. Cats are not omnivores, they can eat and digest plant matter, but they cannot subsist on it. Cats are carnivores, they absolutely need meat in their diet. Feeding a cat a vegetarian only diet can make it very sick.

Jane Lane's picture
Jane Lane

I believe, we don't choose our pets....they choose us. He found a wonderful family who offerred him the vibrational energies he was looking for. Not to mention there aren't alot of cats around that have a following of listeners to enjoy his antics. Grieving is a natural part of seperation and it is no different with our pets then with our human loved ones. I hope you can find comfort in knowing he found where he wanted to be and with whom. He's done what he set out to do.... and that is to leave an imprint forever on your hearts. Nothing is ever completely gone that lives in memory that touches the heart. Their spirit entwined with ours.

Cwall's picture
Cwall

I had to stop listening to the podcast at work on Friday because the Higgins narrative was bringing up a lot of old feelings, both from human and pet losses.

Times like this make me take a step back from the banal day to day routine and give me a new appreciation for the loved ones I have and those I've known.

Best wishes in this time of grief, and thank you for sharing.

crankyinmv

Thom & Louise,

I just caught a sentence about Higgins and I'm so sorry to hear-

I'll be making a donation to The Hunter School in his name & honor.

I'll bet he's playing with the pigeons that went before....

Craig

crws's picture
crws

Tom's story about Higgins' passing brought tears to my eyes, something that hasn't happened in several years. I, too, have been blessed with the love of several adopted cats, and understand how hard it is to let go when they leave us. But my hope and wish is that they are still among us in the spirit world, cannot imagine life on the other side without them. I hope the first 'person' I encounter the day I cross over is my beloved Stubby Junior. I was with him as he made his journey out of this cruel world of ours, and hope he is the one to welcome me on the other side.

Lonely Summer's picture
Lonely Summer

Best Wishes to Thom & Louise

tayl44's picture
tayl44

Thom & Louise we lost our rescue cat this year and know exactly how you feel. She loved the outdoors here and we still look for the "jungle kitty" every morning half out of habit and half out of hope she isn't gone. Mean as a snake at times but cuddly kitten like at others she was an integral part of our living and she's so missed. Our hearts go out to you.

Maninal2's picture
Maninal2

Currently Chatting

Why the Web of Life is Dying...

Could you survive with just half of your organs? Think about it. What if you had just half your brain, one kidney, half of your heart, one lung, half a liver and only half of your skin? It would be pretty hard to survive right? Sure, you could survive losing just one kidney or half of your liver, but at some point, losing pieces from all of your organs would be too much and you would die.