- Jul. 14, 2015 5:47 amBy Thom Hartmann A...
They say that politics makes strange bedfellows, and apparently, that saying holds true for economics. Senators Elizabeth Warren and John McCain have joined forces in the fight to make banking boring again.
Last week, the progressive senator from Massachusetts teamed up with the far-right conservative from Arizona to introduce legislation that would reinstate the Glass-Steagall Act.
- Jul. 13, 2015 1:09 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...
With Bernie Sanders surging in the polls and drawing record crowds at every campaign event, the Washington establishment is starting to get worried. And when the Washington establishment gets worried, it insults people by calling “radical,” “extremist,” or “out of touch.”
- Jul. 10, 2015 2:14 pmBy SueN
The same party that screams about government overreach doesn't have a problem with stepping on cities' autonomy to write their own laws.
Last week, Rick Snyder's Republicans in Michigan passed a bill that blocks cities from raising wages or implementing paid sick leave.
- Jul. 8, 2015 2:20 pmBy SueNRepublicans just got one step closer to turning our nation into a right-to-work-for-LESS Libertarian paradise.
Last week, the United States Supreme Court agreed to hear a legal case called Friedrichs v. California Teachers Association, which could mean big problems for public unions.
- Jul. 7, 2015 1:03 pmBy SueNWe are witnessing the failure of an ideology on a global scale.
As the Greek debt crisis moves into its most explosive phase yet, many people here in America are asking themselves, “Why?”