- Oct. 21, 2015 1:07 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Canada, if you haven’t heard, will soon have a new prime minister.
His name is Justin Trudeau, he’s 43-years-old, and his Liberal Party came out on top in Monday’s national elections, ending the Conservative Party’s nine-year-long stranglehold over Canadian politics.
No one saw this coming.
- Oct. 20, 2015 1:23 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Star Wars fans rejoiced last night with the debut of the final trailer for the newest Star Wars movie.
It's been 38 years since George Lucas debuted the Star Wars movies and gave birth to one of the world's most recognizable franchises.
- Oct. 19, 2015 1:17 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...It pains me every time I have to say it, but Donald Trump is right.
When he called for a 35% tariff on imported goods, he was right, when he said that every other Republican candidate was owned by a billionaire or a bank, he was right, and now, dammit, now we’re going to have to say that he's right about George W. Bush and 9/11.
- Oct. 16, 2015 12:21 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...
While Democrats are working to provide college students with real relief, Republicans just want to give the banksters another big handout.
Last week, Republican Senators Kelly Ayotte and Shelley Moore introduced the so-called “Student Loan Relief Act,” which has more to do with helping banks than any real relief for students.
- Oct. 15, 2015 1:18 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...
Within five years, one quarter of all the world's energy will be generated by renewable sources.
That's the finding of a new report from the International Energy Agency, and it's being hailed as “a remarkable shift in a very limited period of time.”
- Oct. 14, 2015 1:36 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...
New York Chief Judge Jonathan Lippmann is refusing to wait on Congress to reform our broken bail system.
Last week, Judge Lippmann said, “Defendants who are unable to post bail serve a sentence before their cases are ever resolved.” And, he added, “They do so regardless of innocence or guilt, and the harm that this injustice causes is intolerable.”