This is NOT the kind of world I want. And so long as the U.S. continues to block any effort to sanction Israel this sort of thing will continue.
Al Jazeera reports (Aug 11):
ISRAELI SOLDIER ACCUSED OF KILLING TWO WOMEN IN GAZA WILL SERVE 45 DAYS IN PRISON AFTER A PLEA TO A LESSER CHARGE
IDF soldier sentenced to 45 days for death of mother, daughter in Gaza war
Military advocate general reaches plea bargain in the most significant event mentioned in UN Goldstone Report; Givati soldier was accused of shooting women who raised white flag.
When will the world decide that enough is enough? Or will Israel ultimately impose its own version of human extinction? Israel has the means and no compassion whatever for "the other." Collective insanity from which the U.S. is not immune.
These are my ideas for the kind of world I DO want, not in order of importance:
1. I want a world where talk does not substitute for action.
2. What kind of world do "we" want? A make-believe world.
3. What kind of world do I want? A world less populous composed of active, engaged people who have some semblance of intelligence, of compassion and understanding. In other words, a world that never was and never will be.
4. A world with no skyscrapers, no cell phones, no video games.
5. A world where plumbers do proper work and charge reasonably (I've just had to re-plumb a bath).
6. A world where sport is what people do for pleasure, not for pay.
7. A world in which humans accept and engage in voluntary extinction through birth control.Please click on this web address before making uninformed comment: http://www.vhemt.org/aboutvhemt.htm Also please click on the image that accompanies this post, and then click on this web address for more infomation http://www.ninapaley.com/silversnipaward.html
8. A world without Israel.
9. I want a world where poets are presidents.
10. I want a world where rogue nations cannot unilaterally exempt themselves from prosecution and punishment for their crimes.
11. I want a world without religion. Where all mosques, tabernacles, cathedrals, temples or other religious buildings become community centers, libraries or museums. Where any “holy” book may be exchanged for ten books of great literary merit selected by the individual. Where Rome’s “Holy” See becomes a center for the arts, a public park and a playground for children.
12. A world in which educators are the most respected, the most highly educated and the best paid members of society.
13. A world that requires - and provides support for - every aspirant to higher education to first obtain a four year liberal arts (humanities) degree.
14. A world in which no one individual possesses more than ten times the average wealth of all.
15. A world in which there’s no such thing as victimless crime. No victim, no crime.
16. A world where prostitution - both male and female - is a legal and respected profession.
17. I want a world that understands, acknowledges and extols - perhaps even rewards in some way - the very real differences between the sexes We understand well enough our similarities – both sexes normally have two feet, etc.
18. A world that considers “voluntary exit“ not only legal but honorable http://www.exitinternational.net/
19. A world that does not allow members of the general public to possess or have access to any automatic or assault type weapon nor to any explosive device intended to harm or disable people.
20. A world whose international organization – today’s U.N. – does not permit any one nation to veto majority decisions.
21. I want a world whose inhabitants are literate, well-read and eager to learn.
22. And, of course, a world at peace.
I just flicked on television and there was John Lennon. Imagine.