- Jul. 13, 2011 8:31 amBy louisehartmann
Homeowners are screwed again. Banksters are laying the groundwork for a second financial crisis. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that private investment firms are once again giving out subprime mortgages to interested homeowners who normally wouldn’t qualify for a home loan. It was these exact subprime mortgages that inflated the housing bubble and crashed the economy 3 years ago.
- Jul. 13, 2011 5:36 amBy shawnt56
Hour One: Important! Newt is right about the Supreme Court...
Transcript: Thom Hartmann: The Big Picture: Mister President - FDR has critical advice for you. 11 July '11Jul. 12, 2011 5:24 pmBy SueN
The Republicans are selling lies. It shouldn't be surprising that the press is buying them - they usually do.
- Jul. 12, 2011 3:55 pmBy SueN
- David Sirota, Host, David Sirota Show on AM 760 Colorado's Progressive Talk. The terrorist threat we're ignoring.
- Melanie Sloan, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington. CREW Calls for Congressional Investigation into News Corp.
- Peter Ferrara, General counsel of the American Civil Rights Union, author.
- Jul. 12, 2011 8:56 amBy shawnt56
- Jul. 12, 2011 7:47 amBy louisehartmann
A new report by Brookings shows how corporations are forcing Americans to work to the bone for meager wages. Today – the typical two-parent family has to work 26% longer than back in 1975. And since 1975 – wages have failed to keep up with the longer working hours. In other words – fat cat CEOs are getting a lot more “bang for the buck” out of their workers today.
Transcript: Thom Hartmann: The Big Picture: We are slaves to so-called Free Trade & the WTO. 8 July '11Jul. 11, 2011 5:39 pmBy SueN
- Jul. 11, 2011 5:13 pmBy SueN
- Republicans are trying to replay Jimmy Carter.
- John Nichols, Washington Correspondent - The Nation Magazine. The latest shenanigans in Wisconsin... and recall primaries are Tuesday.
- Karen Higgins, National Nurses United. Nurses Call for National Protests - Tax Wall Street vs Cuts for Mainstreet.
- Richard White, Professor of American History / author.
- Jul. 11, 2011 7:40 amBy shawnt56
Hour One: Republicans are trying to replay Jimmy Carter / Latest on the war on democracy...Wisconsin recall election - John Nichols, The Nation Magazine
- Jul. 11, 2011 7:20 amBy louisehartmann
Our unequal society is killing off hundreds of thousands of Americans every year. A new study by the American Journal of Public Health takes a look at how certain social factors contribute to early deaths. Looking at just the year 2000 – the study found that 245,000 Americans died because they didn’t receive a quality education.