- Aug. 11, 2011 7:35 amBy louisehartmann
A loss of faith. According to a new Washington Post poll – 79% of Americans are dissatisfied with the United States government. And only one out of four people ACTUALLY think our government can solve the nation’s economic problems. It appears the 30-year effort by Republicans of dragging the good name of government through the mud by running government poorly – is working.
- Aug. 10, 2011 6:51 pmBy SueN
- Democracy Died First in Wisconsin – Long Live the Oligarchs
- Ben Manski, Democracy Convention / Liberty Tree. Fighting back against Citizen's United.
- David Cobb, Attorney, MoveToAmend.org. Fighting back against corporate personhood.
- John Nichols, Nation Magazine. Recall results and what's next.
- Tom Pauken, Texas Workforce Commission.
- Aug. 10, 2011 6:13 pmBy SueN
- Aug. 10, 2011 5:58 pmBy SueN
- Mainstream Media Ignores S&P Attack On GOP Revenue Intransigence
- Rep. Mark Pocan, State Rep (D-WI, 78th District). Latest on the war on democracy... Wisconsin.
- Professor Richard Wolff, Economist. S&P Downgrade of U.S. Debt: What it Means.
- John Nichols, The Nation Magazine. Latest on the war on democracy...
- Aug. 10, 2011 9:37 amBy shawnt56
- Aug. 10, 2011 6:39 amBy louisehartmann
The Wisconsin recall election was the first major test of the new era in American politics. That new era began in January of 2010 when the US Supreme Court ruled in “Citizens United v. FEC” that the political voice of We The People was no longer as important as the voices of billionaires and transnational corporations.
- Aug. 9, 2011 9:29 amBy louisehartmann
First the Arab Spring - now the European Summer? Violent riots continued for the third straight day across London and a number of other British cities – leaving buildings ablaze – cars torched and turned over – and storefronts vandalized and looted. The riots began in Tottenham after police shot a man to death – but it quickly became clear that the unrest was less about police brutality – and more about Conservative auster
- Aug. 9, 2011 9:04 amBy shawnt56
- Aug. 8, 2011 9:05 amBy shawnt56
Transcript: Thom Hartmann: The Big Picture: The Truth on the "Real" Lifespan of Medicare. 15 July '11Aug. 7, 2011 5:59 pmBy SueN