Community and the Image of Hand Holding

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

4 posts / 0 new

I'm interested in the choice of image for the message boards.

It's a bunch of holding hands.

There's a couple of interpretations for such an image.

One is that it's people coming together, with their own selves and their own decisions to bond and then hold hands, so to speak.

another is that it's about some sort of ever-present bromide that holds the hand so we won't get smashed by a truck in the street.

Which is it?

Or is there another option I've not considered.

Kate2008's picture
Kate2008

Comments

Very much a coming together.

I choose the holding hand picture to represent a group of people together in one place, in this case the message boards, sharing.

The chatroom page has a computer keyboard as the picture for the reason that the communication there is instant via the keyboards.

-Nigel-
Webmaster

webmaster's picture
webmaster

Thanks, Nigel-

It's useful to consider the perspective of the person who mounted the image. I wonder at my own choice of the gerbera daisy. What does it communicate about my intentionality when I join an on-line community?

The impact of an image is something Roland Barthes considered at a fairly sophisticated level. As well, Marshall McLuhan studied the imact of ordinary everyday images and events, ... like the passage of time.

The message board environment is both open and closed, as far as time goes.

Just pushing for some discussion over here.

Kate2008's picture
Kate2008

I'd be great with three boards: two for Thom's radio shows/politics. And one for spiritual and community chat.

Kate2008's picture
Kate2008

Part 1 - Is Economic Disaster About to Hit & Are You Prepared?

Thom plus logo Right now the United States and the world are facing four massive trends that, in combination, we haven't faced since the 1920s. We are seeing the rise of a new and brutal form of governance with extraordinary industrial capacity and power in China, much as Nazi Germany rose in Europe.