Good news just in time for Earth Day

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

5 posts / 0 new

With Earth Day ("day?!") around the corner, the climate bill languishing in Congress and James Lovelock issuing doomsday prophecies, these are not joyful times for those of us concerned about the future of our planet. So here’s some good news for a change: The price of going solar has gone way down, but not many people seem to know about it yet. So I’m taking an Earth Day pledge to spread the gospel of the Solar Lease. I just signed a contract with a CA-based company called www.sungevity.com (but there are others in other parts of the country) that is putting a PV system on my roof for free and I just pay them monthly about what I used to pay the utility company for electricity. For real! (If you don’t live in CA, google “power purchase agreement” or check www.renewfund.com/node/159 to see if you live in a PACE (property-assessed clean energy) financing district. Another good resource is www.solarpowerrocks.com. It’s a no-brainer for any homeowner, whether they’re worried about climate change or just want to save money and protect themselves from utility price spikes (remember Enron?).

Erica David's picture
Erica David

Comments

That's great Erica. It's really exciting to see all of these great companies making real strides towards affordable solar power. And lets be honest, free is affordable!

Keep spreading the word!

Nat Smith's picture
Nat Smith

Erica, What happens if you want to move before the lease is up?

stwo's picture
stwo

Cool article Erica! I had no idea solar was so accessible. I went to www.sungevity.com and was able to get my free "iQuote" without having to talk to a sales person. I'll be saving money in no time!

bsomers's picture
bsomers

Well, I can only speak for the company that installed my system (Sungevity)--they give me the choice of transfering the lease to the new owner or buying out the system so that the property value of my home is increased before I sell it.

Erica David's picture
Erica David

Impeachment: The Difference Between Nixon & Trump

Thom plus logo There is a very simple reason why some Republicans participated in the impeachment proceedings against Richard Nixon, but none have so far broken ranks against Trump. That reason is the US Supreme Court.