Podcasts in OGG?

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

3 posts / 0 new

As an advocate of free and open source software and a firm believer that softwares patents are stifling to innovation and represent an affront to freedom, I would very much like to suggest that the podcast of the Thom Hartmann show be provided in the patent free ogg vorbis format. (It would be too much to hope that ogg would replace mp3s, since many Windows users would have difficulty playing said format, but at least as an alternative.) It's something a number of public radio stations do, and I would love to see a progressive like Thom embrace a lesser known, but also important, area of progressivism and anti-corporatism. (And I know he's aware of the issue, since he's spoken of open source software and linux on the show before.)

http://perens.com/Articles/PatentFarming.html

reed9's picture
reed9

Comments

We are only able to produce podcasts in a single format and regret we have no plans to change that at the present time.

On the subject of open source, this new website has been produced from open source Drupal modules.

-Nigel-
Webmaster

webmaster's picture
webmaster

Thanks for the heads up, Nigel.

reed9's picture
reed9

Has Capitalism and The GOP Destroyed Religion?

Thom plus logo The number of Americans who called them selves Christian or religious has declined precipitously over the last decade, and the number of Americans who are "unaffiliated Christians", atheists, or unconcerned about religion or spirituality has increased.