Tell Congress to keep Educational Technology funding for schools

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

1 post / 0 new

Last June, I and several hundred Educational Technology Professionals participated in "Storming The Hill"as part of the National Educating Computing Conference in D.C. An event designed for all of us to sit down with our respective state senators and congressmen to maintain and increase educational technology funding for our schools. ETT grants have been extremely crucial in allowing us to bring 21st Century technology resources into the classroom. We are again approaching Congress to keep this money solely available for technology. Will you help us?

On Wednesday, May 12, educators, parents, administrators and students from around the country and across the world are asked to speak out to support funding for ed tech. Take a moment to send a tweet, write a blog, update your Facebook status, start a Ning thread, or however you communicate online to voice your support for dedicated ed tech funding in the 2011 federal budget. Click here for more information on 2011 ed tech funding plans.

Sample short messages for Tweets and social networking:

• @TomHarkin #EETT Support innovation in learning & teaching. Fund #edtech at $500m
  • @DavidObey #EETT Support innovation in learning & teaching. Fund #edtech at $500m
  • @ThadCochran #EETT Support innovation in learning & teaching. Fund #edtech at $500m
  • @RepToddTiahrt #EETT Support innovation in learning & teaching. Fund #edtech at $500m
  • Our schools need 21st century education, #EETT. Fund #edtech at $500 m
  • No funding for #edtech? No prep for 21st century. Fund #EETT at $500m
  • I support #edtech. I vote. Fund #EETT at $500m in 2011
  • As a principal/teacher/parent I know our kids need #edtech skills. Fund #EETT at $500m
travisft's picture
travisft

What Do Democrats Really Want?

Thom plus logo Thomas Friedman, the confused billionaire, told us decades ago that "free trade" is what made the Lexus a successful product when, in fact, it was decades of Japanese government subsidies and explicit tariffs that did so.