Threshold

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

3 posts / 0 new

I know Thom doesn't like people trying to program his radio show, but in Threshold he mentions a chart and at the bottom of that chart are human's basic needs. If people are struggling to meet those basic needs, they can't see the higher up on the chart. (The things humans can aspire to.) I would like Thom to occasionally have on his show a discussion of what the 'higher' things are. I hear Senator Sanders mention it occasionally when he is on with Thom. What do we want our society to be like? I know Thom is a big fighter for heathcare for all and a distribution of wealth that is more beneficial to more of society. But, my big question is, what is the goal of humanity? All 7 billion of us. I don't think the goal of 7 billion people should be 10 or 12 billion people, unless we can feed and shelter all of them without killing the planet in the process. I always liked George Carlin's line which was, "The Earth doesn't care if we are on it, or not!" It seems we may be quite capable of causing our own extinction. Perhaps dinosaurs will re-evolve after we are gone?

m1jelke's picture
m1jelke

Comments

That is the question of our time !

What is the human race trying to succeed at ?

the global conversation . com is a great place to learn more and change our collective future ,if we do not reach critical mass our deepest fears might result as de-fault.

It,s up to us and what we choose ?

We are all One

humanitys team's picture
humanitys team

There is no ultimate goal for humanity, since we're simply another species of animal on this planet. Any goal or purpose has to be invented or thought up by us. Every individual on the planet decides what is the purpose/goal of his/her life. The direction of the human race is up to humans. Evolution gave us the most complex and powerful structure in the known universe and it's sitting behind our face. We've used it to invent religion to give us purpose and direction, then philosophy and art to give us purpose and direction, and each of those answers to the question of "why are we here" of "what are we here for" is up to us, as a worldwide community, to decide the best answer to that question.

Or I may be completely wrong but it is a good question to think about!

Cheers!!

rolanddarktower's picture
rolanddarktower

The Washington Post Reveals Cracks in Healthcare

Thom plus logo The sales pitch by so-called "moderate Democrats" and Republicans who take money from the insurance companies is that people "don't want to get kicked off their existing employer-provided health insurance plans." But workers don't make the choice of plans, their employers do.