Coummunity Quilt for Thom Hartmann Member... Stumpy

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

2 posts / 0 new

Longtime Thom Hartmann member stumpy has been in a nursing home for nearly the past year recovering from a stroke last January. Stumpy has M.S. and this complicated and affected his life dramatically. Stumpy has been working hard to recover but still has difficulty speaking and has lost the use of one arm as well.

The dailykos quilting community are currently creating a Community Quilt for my friend. There is a diary there specifically for that purpose. In the diary you can leave a post with messages of cheer and support. These messages will be permanently included on the squares of the quilt. Stumpy is also a member of a World of Warcraft Guild and they are also leaving messages for him there. I know that stumpy listens to Thom's show every single day and he would be very very happy to have a couple of messages from his friends here on the Thom Hartmann website as well.

If you have an account at dailykos and a spare minute or two would you mind going and leaving a brief message of support for him there. I know he would be real happy about it! Thank you in advance

webgenie

The link is:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/10/7/908376/-Community-Quilt-for-stumpy

webgenie's picture
webgenie

Comments

Thanks, webgenie.

SueN's picture
SueN

How Did the America Media Miss the "Pro-Life" Movement Isn't about Saving Life - But - Is About Women Under the Thumbs of Men?

Thom plus logo Anti-abortion groups want you to believe they're all about saving "unborn" human lives, but a new poll shows that, for the majority of abortion rights opponents, that's a lie. The "pro-life" movement, it turns out, is fundamentally about keeping women down - a sentiment that's even shared by a majority of women who support forced pregnancies.