Thom... please don't talk so much over your TV guests!

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

1 post / 0 new

Hi Thom, I caught the first couple of RT shows. When you have on these conservative think-tank knuckleheads, it's hard to watch since you're jumping all over them while they're mid-sentence, and after a couple of minutes it gets un-nerving. I think the technique is effective, but not if it's way overdone, because viewers will start to feel sympathetic for them. I'm sure it's about being able to get to your points before the segment time runs out; so therefore my suggestion is to just schedule one fewer segment so that you have more time.
Also a gracious thank you to the guest at the end of a debate, a la Charlie Rose, is always a class move that goes a long way. I thought from your radio show that you usually do that, but with at least one guest on the TV show the guest was dismissed so abruptly it came off as rude... maybe that was editing, I don't know

Great to have you on... I actually can get you over my old-fashioned TV antenna on ch 30.2. You're so great at providing the historic context for current issues and we really need more of that

edbert's picture
edbert

The Problem Isn't a "Trade War" - The Problem Is Trump

Thom plus logo The United States needs to protect its domestic economy. We need to protect jobs in manufacturing. We need to rebuild manufacturing. But this needs to come from a comprehensive, coherent, multifaceted strategy that may well include tariffs.