Dr. Gabor Mate

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

4 posts / 0 new

Dr.Gabor Mate had a excellent conversation with Amy on DN this morning.

http://www.democracynow.org/2010/11/24/dr_gabor_mat_on_adhd_bullying

bamboo's picture
bamboo

Comments

For Christmas, Amy gives us an hour with Dr. Mate' and the collection of her three interviews with Dr. Mate this year.

LeMoyne's picture
LeMoyne

Kinda irked by the abstract "pull in" of the increase of gay and lesbian adolescent suicides. I am not trying to take away from the severity of this topic - however, I think it's a broad leap that is pulled in and inadvertently distracts from the direct topic.

Anyway, I have an acquaintance who is Rx'ing doctor and one evening over dinner I asked her about her broad perception ADHD and Dx'ing it in children and her response was, "I would like to see a "parental" questionnaire, developed to coincide with currently used ADHD questionnaires, where family members, (grandparents, siblings of the parents, teachers/school admins, and even older children being observed for diagnoses) could respond to questions regarding the parent(s) involvement and/or efficiency."

bonnie

A very good idea.

I have ADHD (now fully controlled by meditation and exercise after a stint on medication) and both my kids have been diagnosed too. Quite clearly my ADHD behaviour was an enormous stressor to them- and certainly made them worse. Now they improve as i improve.

Barliman's picture
Barliman

Will Racism Backfire on Trump...Or not?

Thom plus logo Trump's son Eric said on Fox News that he's loving the Democrats being upset about Trump's racist language. He argued that it's playing right into their hands.