Contest! Get a signed copy of Thom's book Screwed. Would you sleep with Boehner for $350,000?

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

153 posts / 0 new

It's being alledged by The National Enquirer that John Boehner has a sex scandal brewing with two different women. Activist Mike Stark told the Enquirer, "several sources have come forward with claims he's having an affair with Lyons."

Lisbeth Lyons is a lobbyist & lobbyist starting pay averages around $350,000 - would you sleep with a member of congress for $350,000?

The most Creative comment gets a signed book from Thom, Screwed: The Undeclared War Agsainst the Middle Class.

Thom will inscribe his answer to this question in the book he sends out.

louisehartmann's picture
louisehartmann

Comments

In order to gain millions for her lobbying interests, she is willing to let the orange rub off on her a little.

dbliss1's picture
dbliss1

Because of the lack of proper care in our health care system, and because of the low wages pitted against the escalated cost of living, my body is so weakened by rheumatoid arthritis that I COULDN'T sleep with Bohner or anyone ELSE for $350,000.00 or for any amount or reason. People that could should count their blessings that they still are healthy enough to ponder this question.

Yellowbird7's picture
Yellowbird7

Do I get a bonus if I make him cry?

LynW's picture
LynW

If Boehner were asleep/passed out already and there were a bottle of Merlot ready in case he woke up, I'd sleep with him.

kg333

In today's world where it's really all about the money, and morals are out the window.... why not?! I would take the money and peel the orange off..... HA!

thboardop's picture
thboardop

HA HA HA HA!

thboardop's picture
thboardop

$300,000 wouldn't even get that drunk a pat on my a$$.... Make it $5 mill and I might discuss it.

Mojavelyn's picture
Mojavelyn

I did, but he never paid :-(

ericvk's picture
ericvk

I wonder if the young lady had an "orange crush" on the Boehner?

franktheliberal's picture
franktheliberal

Sleeping with Mr. Boehner for any sum of money seems selfish and improper. If, however, we could arrange that all Americans get full health coverage in perpetuity, with no exceptions, I would be willing to offer my services.

ckconner's picture
ckconner

tax free?

randys1's picture
randys1

I would sleep with him but first I would need to make sure my health care covers allergic reactions. Since I have extreme sensitive skin I would probably break out with intense hives from the orange dye he uses everyday. Ouch.

elyse's picture
elyse

In the immortal words of JB himself: HELL NO!

NancyVB's picture
NancyVB

Sleep with Boehner? No problem!...........SEX with Boehner? When the GOP endorses Single-Payor Healthcare! (Excuse me, I must now go bleach my brain to erase the sex with Boehner visuals!)

Grateful Spirit's picture
Grateful Spirit

Sleeping with a Boner,

There is no amount of money that would get me to sleep with a promiscuous person. The risk of disease is way to high. I would rent him a movie and let him take care of himself.

cvillephoto's picture
cvillephoto

I would sleep with JB, only if it were captured on video. The resulting scandal of him sleeping with a man would, I hope, get him thrown out of office.

remny's picture
remny

Yes I would sleep with the esteemed Mr. Boehner for a fee of $350,000. I would then take that $350,000 in cash and use it to create an ad in the 2012 election and simply say...."Hello. My name is Will Landstrom. I slept with John Boehner in 2011 for a fee of $350,000. I can and will prove it". That's it...and see how his district feels about voting for a paid-for homosexual affair. I am not gay but it would be worth it bringing Boehner down.

Will_the_Piano_Guy's picture
Will_the_Piano_Guy

Can two adults fit into a tanning booth?

SKI's picture
SKI

I'm a diagnosed sex addict, but there's not enough money in the world. Ew.

Cherizac's picture
Cherizac

Only if i could actually sleep. wonder if these women have any orange residue?

compgeek1313

I thought it was the lobbyists who were paying. They look OK to me, and I could use the money.

DRC's picture
DRC

Only if he comes with wet naps or some solution to get the orange out!!!

lthayes66's picture
lthayes66

Not even if I were a bankrupt dacryphiliac.

Texas_Tomato's picture
Texas_Tomato

I am a heterosexual married man so I wouldn't actually sleep with Boner, but I'd tell him I would. I would treat him just as the republicans treat tax paying Americans, I would take his money and give him the Royal shaft. The shaft would be a drill stem provided by British (hence the Royal) Petroleum (jelly).

Choco's picture
Choco

John Boehner is the "bainer" of our existence. He's flushing our precious American Vision down the john. I'd only consider sleeping with him if he transformed himself into the beloved Senator Sanders!

Parodux's picture
Parodux

I did, but he never paid :-(

Ah Geez, a welcher on top of everything else!!! Note to self: "Get money in cash, in bank, up front!"

Mojavelyn's picture
Mojavelyn

I would sleep with John Boehner for $350,000 and then let him know that I was donating the money to the Democratic Party's 2012 campaign.

mcrush@spiretech.com's picture
mcrush@spiretech.com

The good news is that this would be tax free. Basically, one would be damaged, in a legal sense, so much that the $350K would be considered compensation for damages. Although, it would not be close to making one whole again. I would have to set the mood with a nice Belgium White beer. Everyone knows a slice of orange goes great with a Belgium White. Unfortunately, I would never be able to drink a Belgium White again, for obvious reasons. And yes, Johnny, it's okay to cry into your beer. Although, I suspect, if the Boehner's drinking beer, there's probably a shot of whiskey on the bottom. And do you think the "little boehner" is orange too? Just hope Boehner's not one of those teabagger republicans. I think I just lost my appetite.

Beer.

Beer the original social media's picture
Beer the origin...

I wouldn't sleep with Boehner for $350K but I would help him liberally apply his spray tan for $350K.

PhillyMike2010's picture
PhillyMike2010

Well, at least the $350,000 would pay for the health insurance I had to drop because I couldn't affort it!

sugarchai's picture
sugarchai

I'm already paying out of pocket to be screwed by a large number of congress people. "What's one more?"

FreeportCharlie's picture
FreeportCharlie

I'll sleep will John Boehner if he replaces Obama care with single payer.

zachary78's picture
zachary78

Oh wait, does he wear a diaper like David Vitter? He does cry a lot.

Beer.

Beer the original social media's picture
Beer the origin...

For $350,000...I tried to sleep with the Orange man, but half way through he ran out of juice!

thboardop's picture
thboardop

Awww, that was going to be my comment! Dang!

Sushi's picture
Sushi

I did, why do think he couldn't make it to Tucson for the Memorial Service?

desert fox's picture
desert fox

I would rather get "Screwed" by Thom Hartmann for free than get paid one million by orange-face (sorry, Louise). (And Lay Lamora [sp]) Come on, she made up that name, didn't she?

gailhen

I know Charlie, the reason I refer to them as pimps instead of whores is that we are the ones who get screwed while they take the money. I never want to insult the honest working men and women of America, but their management sucks. OK, the verbs run out.

I am not that fond of the orange with a good Belgium White. I think a shot of fresh grapefruit juice is what makes a great summer combo with a White or with a good Pale. The bitter of the grapefruit goes better with the hops and you don't have the sense of two, not quite compatible ingredients as I feel with almost all fruit in beer or chocolate. Hope that helps with the political conundrum.

DRC's picture
DRC

I don't think so - it would label me the same as him - a whore - taking money for sexual services - and oh the services he can provide for those lobbyists. Let's instead put an "A" on his chest to go back to the self-righteous early white settlers of this country that insisted this be the punishment for women. I'm sure he, had he lived in that time, would have been on that band wagon!

scwell's picture
scwell

The key word here is "sleep". Since there is no reference to anything more pruient, I'd be happy to "sleep" with him for $350,000. That's $43,750 for an 8-hour "shift". That's the kind of money that CEOs make. To coin a phrase, "You betcha!"

Jim S.'s picture
Jim S.

Sure-- but only fully clothed, back to back and head to toe.

blueinsight's picture
blueinsight

I would if it put me in the tax bracket where my taxes would be never be increased and I'd get to go on his health care plan (with no penalty for a pre-existing condition like insanity for wanting to sleep with John Boehner). The biggest downside (aside from the ick factor) would have be having to hold him afterwards till he stops crying.

Lefty da Bullfrog's picture
Lefty da Bullfrog

If it amounted to him gagged, crawling around on his hands and knees and a few whips to the rear :). Oh and single payer for all must be part of the deal.

afish

I think the shower to get the orange out would be even more grueling. Even here where Orange is worshipped as God's Holy Color, nobody would want the taint. My coloring is on the pink rather than orange side. It would clash terribly with my complexion and blue eyes.

DRC's picture
DRC

Only if I could be assured that Medicare would pay for removing the Cheeze-Doodle film that would result from close bodily contact with the weeping Agent Orange.

AddieMills's picture
AddieMills

HELL NO!

Looks Like Banner pulled a Boner

Yes! but only if the payment doesn't show on the budget

Its true neither a banner or a boner has a conscious

loertscher

Yes, I'd sleep with JB. Being a retired preschool teacher it would be a cinch. I'd turn the lights low, pop some soothing kiddie music in the CD player, cuddle up with him, and tell sweet little stories about children and puppies till he cried himself to sleep. Then I'd take the dough and bring it to the people!

talata's picture
talata

AAAHHHH yes teabagging the boneher for $350,000, oh yea you like that, how's this for trickle down economic's.

Bittermann's picture
Bittermann

I would sleep with John Boehner if he would stop accepting so much money from Sallie Mae and wipe out my student loan debt which I otherwise will never escape!

Ihatesalliemae's picture
Ihatesalliemae

Darrel Issa should sleep with John Boehner because they are birds of a feather being "Republican Cry Babies" (see my comedy video here:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_Ed6SlrUYQ

Oh and read the couple of wingnut comments to the video too. But given that Issa is the richest member of Congress maybe Boehner ought to ask Darrel for $350K.

Louise, I would suggest using the Beatles "Cry Baby Cry" whenever Boehner or Issa come up as topics.

captbebops's picture
captbebops

"The Saddest Thing Is This Won't Be Breaking News"

Thom plus logo As the world burns, and more and more fossil fuels are being used every day planet-wide, atmospheric carbon dioxide levels passed 416 ppm this week at the Mauna Loa Observatory in Hawaii. In the 300,000 years since the emergence of modern humans, carbon dioxide levels have never been this high.