A rich man in a poor country

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

2 posts / 0 new

Listening to a podcast from earlier this week, I just heard Thom once again tell the story about the German businessman who didn't mind being taxed at about 60%, because, he said, "I don't want to be a rich man in a poor country."

That seems to be the explicit, accepted goal of today's banksters - to hollow out the American economy, drive the wages of American workers as low as possible, impoverish the vast majority of what's now the middle class, and enrich themselves as much as possible. In other words, to become rich men in a poor country.

mstaggerlee's picture
mstaggerlee

Comments

This is what I don't understand about the American far right perspective. Why would you want to be a rich man in a nation which is looking ever more like it's neighbor to the south?...

(Hey, isn't Mexico currently the "home" to the richest man in the world?!! I see that trickle down working a treat...)

meljomur's picture
meljomur

Trump and His Billionaire Buddies Plot to Destroy Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid

Thom plus logo Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid are officially in the crosshairs of the Trump administration, and they intend to go after them this year.