Osama bin Laden was frozen?

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

21 posts / 0 new

I saw the Alex Jones on Thom's RT television program ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7Lc0jQHXpw ).

Amid all the other points made in the interview was this nugget: Secretary of State Madeline Albright apparently let slip during a TV interview in 2002 that Osama bin Laden was actually killed in 2002 and kept frozen. The plan, supposedly, was to only make the death of OBL public knowledge at a politically strategic moment, and that it'd be best to keep his death secret in the meantime so as to be able to keep selling to the American population the need for continued domination of Afghanistan.

Does anyone have a clip of the Madeline Albright interview in question? This is jaw-droppingly startling news, if it's true! Why is no one talking about it?

(My personal opinion -- Jones has a kooky worldview and I rarely agree 100% with his interpretations of things, but in terms of stories that show up in the media, he usually does a good job of not screwing up the substance of the facts. So, I'm still wondering, did Sec. Albright actually say this?)

DarkerSkies

Comments

The story about Bin Laden being killed at Tora Bora has been around for years. It's also been said there wasn't enough of the body left for the US to claim he was killed. Sources, often being intelligences officers off the record, are hard to confirm. Then we got all those phony Bin Laden tapes adding fuel to the fire about that story. And that's why the BS meter went off for a lot of people on Sunday night when they heard what the President was going to announce.

Skepticism is healthy. "Deathers", eh? So do we label people who blindly believe the MSM and the US government, "Suckers?" <grin>

captbebops's picture
captbebops

I remember the "OBL killed at Tora Bora" rumors.

But.... still, Madeline Albright saying it, on television, on the record is very different than a faceless intelligence officer off the record.

Skepticism of power is so healthy, in fact, that the folks who started the U.S. built a nation around just that concept. <grin>

DarkerSkies

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/captured.asp

I'm a fan of Occam's Razor myself.

Reality is crazy enough without buying into grand conspiracies. Thus my distaste for the likes of Alex Jones, who muddy the waters.

Garrett78's picture
Garrett78

If he was frozen, than they had to pull him out of Dick Cheney's Hunting Frig. Everyone know Cheney's had OBL this whole time.

Cam.S's picture
Cam.S

Thanks Garrett -- how foolish of me to have not checked Snopes after seeing that claim by Jones. So, as per my usual experience with Jones, he is technically correct with his facts (Albright did indeed make the "OBL captured" speculation on TV), but his interpretation of the fact is where he is misleading.

DarkerSkies

OTOH, do you really trust Snopes? Isn't it a bit dangerous to rely on one website for fact checking? I'm not sayin' they're wrong, just sayin'.

captbebops's picture
captbebops

I'd trust snopes.com before Alex Jones. Or Glenn Beck, for that matter. (Or Wally George, or Joe Pyne, or...)

Ted Newsom's picture
Ted Newsom

I think most of the "thinking liberals" here do their own investigation rather than rely on snopes.com and none of us pay attention to Glenn Beck unless we want a good laugh.

captbebops's picture
captbebops

By "their own investigation," are you suggesting that the "thinking liberals" of Hartmann land are out searching for Osama's body?

It's good to not rely on a single source, even a reputable one. And the mainstream media should be avoided as much as possible. Find other sources, or find a tape of Albright making that statement. If you think that's a good use of time.

Personally, I'm too pissed off about "liberals" (including prominent ones like Ed Schultz) tolerating US terrorism to worry much about when and how Osama bin Laden was killed. As a couple of people on KBOO community radio (Portland, OR) analogized this morning, when it comes to killing civilians, al Qaeda is to Kwiki Mart as the US is to Costco...except it's actually a lot more lop-sided than that.

Isn't it outrageous enough that Wall Street pulls the strings of our elected officials, and is profiting off of war and destruction? Do we really need grand conspiracies distracting us from real issues? Not only do they distract, they cause people to doubt realities that only seem conspiratorial. Again, this is my problem with the likes of Alex Jones.

Nobody from BP went to jail, while a woman who tried to enroll her child in a better-funded school did go to jail. You can get a tax break for buying a yacht in Texas, but social services are being drastically cut. Really, who needs conspiracies?

Garrett78's picture
Garrett78

Folks might find Jone's take on the interview interesting. He mentioned that Thom is different on RT than on the radio show and wonders if he bucking for an MSNBC post.

http://xml.nfowars.net/Alex.rss

The Weds show of course.

captbebops's picture
captbebops

What's funny is if we question the official story Thom has started insulting us as "deathers" -

when all we want is confirmation from a few other sources - and when we've lived in a world where the presidential office hasn't been the most trustworthy for the last 40 + years -

And thom wrote a book on a major conspiracy - BUT it seems now Thom would be a Lone Gunman - NO CONSPIRACY type of blindly believing and parroting the Official line with no proof either way......

I thought the Left was different - But it's only different and searching for the truth when it's the supposed crime of the right -

I misss the old Portland Thom not the democratic supporter at any cost DC water drinking Thom -

mtdon's picture
mtdon

With regard to OBL pics --- they are irrelevant. OBL himself has been irrelevant, since the beginning, in my opinion. OBL was to "anti-modernist terroristic radical Islamism" what George Foreman is to "simple, easy-to-clean grilling kitchen appliances." Just a face for the brand, to make sure the concept becomes part of the culture.

-ds

DarkerSkies

Albright did indeed say that. She later tried to backpedal & say she was joking but multiple witnesses said she didn't laugh nor did it seem like she was joking. I think bin Laden was chosen for his "Goldstein" role because he was already at death's door with renal failure as well as Marfan's syndrome and would serve nicely as a myth. I doubt he had anything to do with 9/11. Recall how on 9/11 his name was on the lips of all news casters shortly after the planes crashed. Surely if they knew so much already, why wasn't the disaster averted? Actually it was scripted.

Jtfm's picture
Jtfm

I see it in terms of Oglesby's "Yankee Vs. Cowboy War" paradigm. There are two main power blocks in the US who have been engaged in constant conflict (mostly low intensity with occasional violent outbursts like Nov.22 - a major Cowboy veto). The Yankees are the anglo-American Eastern elite and the Cowboys are the South Western power block based in oil and armaments (the MIC is spread out among each side). AJ and Thom represent a loosely populist political expression of each block. If a dialog were to develop and become more serious, more and more special interests would begin to feel that they have an "interest" in defining exactly what is being represented (hence the change in Thom). The Cowboys seem to be winning the populist battle in cyberspace. The Yankees control much of the information arena outside of cyberspace. The Cowboys seem to be throwing the gauntlet down to the Yankess to debate in the public cyber-square and the Yankess are skittish - they see themselves as enlightened philsophers who already have all the answers (the answers that insider Eric Blair (Orwell) tried to warn us about in "1984"). Both sides at the highest level have long been controlled by elite planners who are mostly contemptuous of their own "bases" and only relate to them through manipulation. Neither side care much at all for the commoners who are, to a large extent, being held hostage to their conflict. Ultimately there are immensely rich and powerful forces in the background and to what extent a debate could be, in any realistic sense, "populist" is...debatable.

zardoz's picture
zardoz

Excellent overview, Zardoz. The world is pretty much a chessboard with the wealthy shoving us around as chess pieces. Time to shove back.

captbebops's picture
captbebops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnychOXj9Tg

YouTube link to interview with B. Bhutto, where she states Bin Laden was killed by Omar Sheihk. Nov 2 2007.

attempt to debunk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IIn_UnLO9I&feature=related

claims that she meant Daniel Pearl, the reporter. He claims she got confused between Bin Laden and Daniel Pearl and mispoke. Also states that she spoke of Bin Laden as being alive before and after the Nov.2 interview. But this doesn't preclude that she was either previously keeping a secret or found out differently what she had believed prior to the interview, or was bargaining with the secret.

People have no idea just how much of our "reality" is scripted.

nimblecivet

I'd say the attempt to debunk was pretty successful.

But I don't disagree with your last statement.

Garrett78's picture
Garrett78

A few nights back I watched the 2002 documentary on Netflix about the "Weathermen" and it mentions that very few members of that organization were ever put on trial because of the CoIntelPro operations of the FBI meant to entrap them. Let's not forget government will do such ill advised things. Similarly a few months before 9/11 I watched a movie on Showtime about the first World Trade Center bombing called "Path to Paradise". If you recall that incident the FBI actually "allowed" it to happen. Why? They had an informant who let them know what and when it was going down. BTW, that very movie took several years to ever reach the shelves of the local video store. Someone didn't want people to see it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119867/

Weathermen documentary:

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/The_Weather_Underground/60029983

Webster G Tarpley also commented on his "World Crisis Radio" show today about Thom giving Alex Jones a hard time and thinks that Thom has a flawed perception of the role of the CIA and quotes from the book Thom co-authored on the JFK assassination.

http://tarpley.net/

captbebops's picture
captbebops

Thanks captbebops, I appreciate your posts as well.

zardoz's picture
zardoz

As someone who has a mental health problem of sorts, I can say that Ockham's Razor is a life saver. Thinking about conspiracy theories all day can be depressing...

Thank you post #4, Garrett78.

micahjr34

Prison for Miscarriages?

Thom plus logo Mike Pence's and the GOP's war on women took a sinister turn this week when Planned Parenthood was forced to abandon Title X funding; they can no longer get payment for serving low income women for cancer screenings and STD treatments.