The 99% Declaration

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

5 posts / 0 new

I wish thom would go into debth about not only the declaration, but also the fundementals and capibilities of this new organization:

https://sites.google.com/site/the99percentdeclaration/

higginscrocs's picture
higginscrocs

Comments

I, for one, am all for it (the declaration and Thom talking about it).

Natural Lefty's picture
Natural Lefty

I wasn't even aware of it's existance until you posted the link! THANK YOU!!! And yes! Thom should discuss it, and every Demorcat in the house and senate should be talking about it!

hodenkat's picture
hodenkat

I'm not sure how much creedence to give that document, tbh. My impression of the movement overall is that they haven't felt the need to state specific demands.

I would also think that even if there was a leadership group authorized to take this stance, they could not do so without running it past the "rank and file" of the movement first, and if they had done so, we would have heard something about it a long time ago.

Having said that tho, what I read (and I only skimmed it) sounds pretty good to me.

Dammerung's picture
Dammerung

Personally, I think it's way too early to be getting specific about demands and issues. Staying vague allows the most open-ness and inclusive-ness.

While the movement embraces a variety of factions, such as anti-war and environmental proponents, it seems to me that the over-whelming sentiment is one for economic justice. The most specific I would want to see is, "we are living in a world of extreme economic injustice with all the evils that this entails. Fix it! You have the power and we don't, so pick a side and hope that you can keep your job".

Art's picture
Art

The Thom Hartmann Program - Aug 30th 2018

It seems it's all racism, all the time w/the GOP...Neo-Nazi robocall hits Iowa on Molly Tibbett’s murder: “KILL THEM ALL. ” Richard Wolff drops by about the National Debt. Is it a disaster or an OK thing? Also - Trump & The National Enquirer - Is the Economy Here To Serve Us Or Are We Here to Serve the economy?