Daily Topics - Monday October 24th, 2011

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

6 posts / 0 new

Hour One: Latest on Occupy movement...Harrassed & Sleepless in Seattle - Mark Taylor-Canfield, Occupy Seattle / More arrests in Chicago - Kelvin Ho, Occupy Chicago

Hour Two: Walmart rolls back employee health care - President Joseph Hansen, United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW)

Hour Three: NYCLU to NYPD re: OWS...leave those kids alone - Donna Lieberman, New York Civil Liberties Union (NYCLU)

shawnt56's picture
shawnt56

Comments

Congress App for Android Phones

This app works great!
By the Sunshine Foundation.
Works with OpenCongress.org for immediate composition and contact of representatives in both legislative branches.
Check it out, I think you'll like it.

http://sunlightlabs.com/blog/2009/congress-theres-an-android-app-for-that/

With a slight emphasis on what bill # or who the "Representative in need of a nudge" is, this app makes it easy to track and remind our Congress they work for us.

crws's picture
crws

The function of a civil resistance is to provoke response and we will continue to provoke until they respond or change the law.
They are not in control, we are.
-Gandhi

An instruction manual to Non-Violent Paths to Social Change -By the US Department of State!
http://photos.state.gov/libraries/korea/49271/dwoa_122709/Nonviolentej.pdf

crws's picture
crws

This is a follow up about what has happened to the Ugandan Little Leaguers who were denied the opportunity to play in the LLWS. It shows humanity reaching out to humanity. Kind of like what OWS is doing.

A blog update about all this really cool stuff happening... read it and get involved.my quaint and quiet lifemyquaintandquietlife.tumblr.coma personal blog of the thoughts, ideas, inspirations, frustrations, stumbles, triumphs, heartbreaks, and healing in my quaint and quiet life. i'm Jay Shapiro. i make films with all my might. more info...

Fred Wilder's picture
Fred Wilder

See you in DC Saturday

Fred Wilder's picture
Fred Wilder

I appreciate the advice on my planned civil disobedience regarding photo id requirements to vote. I've done this kind of thing before, so I have a little experience with it.

Fred Wilder's picture
Fred Wilder

The Thom Hartmann Program - Aug 30th 2018

It seems it's all racism, all the time w/the GOP...Neo-Nazi robocall hits Iowa on Molly Tibbett’s murder: “KILL THEM ALL. ” Richard Wolff drops by about the National Debt. Is it a disaster or an OK thing? Also - Trump & The National Enquirer - Is the Economy Here To Serve Us Or Are We Here to Serve the economy?