WHY I AM ASKING FOR YOUR SUPPORT AT PATREON?

Your support of the program is invaluable. Producing the Thom Hartmann Program is a labor of love for the team, but doesn't come without cost. We supply the program to non-profit, community and volunteer radio and cable stations across the US. However, this isn't cost-free and being a supporter through Patreon means you can help us to meet some of the bills, to allow us to continue free supply to the non-profit sector.

As a way of saying thank you, we would like to give you something back for your support at various levels. Every weekday, the live Thom Hartmann Program three hour program is recorded exclusively for Patreon supporters. Unedited, the full three-hour video will be right here on the Patreon page, within a couple of hours of the end of the live program. And we're also providing extra videos exclusive to sponsors.
Sponsor Special: How to Stop Your Food From Killing You. The American diet is now killing more people than high blood pressure and smoking

Become a Thom Supporter- Click the Patreon button

Corporate Abortions

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

2 posts / 0 new

From http://www.wcprogressive.com/2012/11/02/corporate-abortions/

Since the topic of pro-life, pro-choice and abortion have come up a couple of times recently, I got to wondering. If a corporation is a person, when is it born and when does it die or does it ever die? I would assume it is born at the moment of incorporation. But could its birth be at the moment it is first conceived of by the eventual incorporator? And, if it is sent into bankruptcy and dissolved, does that represent its death?
Does this mean that a potential incorporator who decides to drop his idea of incorporating a business for some reason is actually aborting that idea and that potential person? Is he guilty of killing that corporation before it gains personhood? Should he be prosecuted for that act? If the corporation, once incorporated, fails and is dissolved, is that murder or euthanasia? If a venture capital company buys the corporation to strip it of all its valuable assets is that rape? If the venture capital company then sends the corporation into bankruptcy and dissolution, have they killed it? Are the acts of venture capitalists, as legal persons, rape or murder prosecutable by death or imprisonment?
Are we creating a new area in which lawyers can become involved? Will we see an entire industry of lawyers devoted to prosecuting and defending these potentially heinous acts by both fictional and actual individuals against fictional individuals? How would we investigate such crimes? I mean, some of the acts of aborting corporations at inception but before incorporation (birth) would require almost telepathic talents. And if these are now legally illegal abortions, how could the actual person held responsible be forced to under-go forced invasive ultrasound tests? What would that test involve – a probe up the nose and into the brain?
Could it be possible that fictitious people, such as Bain Capital could be held responsible for the termination of another fictitious person by a fictitious lawyer in a fictitious criminal court presided over by a judged specializing in fictitious law?
It seems to me that the absurd decision to declare legal fictions such as corporations to be persons with the same rights as actual, breathing, eating, dancing people could have opened up a much more complicated bag of worms than we had ever envisioned. But then I’m just an old guy with a skewed outlook on the world

cuppajoe

Comments

Great points, I may use some of them on other boards. Loved it!

Husker4Life's picture
Husker4Life

No More Presidential Immunity!

Thom plus logo When Richard Nixon committed multiple Felonies, including accepting bribes in cash in the White House, Jerry Ford chose to pardon him.

When Ronald Reagan committed treason in 1980 to get elected, Attorney General Bill Barr shut down the investigation in 1992 with five pardons.