July 11-13: At Netroots Nation

The Hidden History of Guns and the 2nd Amendment Book Tour Is Coming...

• Saturday, June 22: Los Angeles, CA 3:00pm - KPFK Speaker Series: Thom Hartmann (Stephanie Miller will be joining Thom) on The Hidden History of Guns. UCLA Dodd Hall 147, 315 Portola Plaza, Los Angeles - Get tkts here https://www.facebook.com/events/2263735727213646/
  • Sunday, June 23: SEATTLE, WA 7:30pm
    Location: Town Hall, 1119 8th Ave, Seattle (West Entrance) w/Elliott Bay Book Company
  • Tuesday, June 25: SAN FRANCISCO, CA 7:00pm
    Location: First Church, 2345 Channing Way, Berkeley w/The Booksmith
    Here’s the Facebook event:https://www.facebook.com/events/2418269571727663/And here’s the link to purchase tickets: https://hiddenhistoryofguns.bpt.me/
  • Friday, June 28: CHICAGO, IL 7:00pm
    Location: Frugal Muse, 7511 Lemont Rd. #146 (Chestnut Court Shopping Center), Darien
  • Saturday, June 29: MINNEAPOLIS, MN 7:00pm
  • Friday, July 12: PHILADELPHIA, PA 4:15pm - At Netroots Nation
    Location: PA Convention Center, 1101 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA

Become a Thom Supporter- Click the Patreon button

Need direction please

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

3 posts / 0 new

Just got the message from the teacher (that I knew would come) regarding my son -- "he seems to have trouble keeping attention focused on the task at hand and, even though he's a very bright child, I'd hate for him to suffer in school...at time tends to hyper-focus..."

There's so much information out there, I don't know where to start. I do respect Thom's intellect and his world view, and do agree with him that his listeners tend to be exceptional people. So, I thought I'd post this hear, hoping that you all may have a suggestion of where I can start, so that I can help my son.

Your input is appreciated.

drcog's picture
drcog

Comments

Dr. Gabor Mate has had several documentaries and books on kids and ADD. A lot about how it is treated with stimulants. Speed type drugs with short and longer term possible effects. Personally it seems half the country has ADD, especially politicians. If its a substance use problem then I'd say deal with it straight forward as if it was a neighbor or co worker or friend. The truth is the priority over judgments. Don't freak out. I basically told my kids that after they get the degrees and buy their houses they can smoke as much as they want without much argument from anyone. Its those on the streets having the hassles. Getting busted is not good for a resume. Getting stoned and questioning if Columbus really discovered America or just the Indians probably won't be on the SAT's. If he is diagnosed, then cannabis is being used for more extreme cases even though it is nothing as harsh to the body and mind as stimulants. Just politically, especially concerning kids. But if it is beyond conventional means then some parents have found success in spite of social stigmas.

Jeffrey's Journey

Cannabis as a medical treatment for attention deficit disorder

Ganja 4 PTSD & Depression

ADD books from Thom Hartmann
message board.topics and discussions
'The Edison Gene', 'ADHD Secrets of Success', 'Thom Hartmann’s Complete Guide to ADHD', 'ADD: A Different Perception', 'Beyond ADD', 'Healing ADD', 'ADD Success Stories', 'Think Fast! The ADD experience'.

DdC's picture
DdC

Thank your for your thoughts

drcog's picture
drcog

Here's what the feud and reconciliation between John Adams and Thomas Jefferson can teach us about civility

Thom plus logo Donald Trump did not invent the art of the political insult but he's inflamed the level of vitriolic public discourse and incivility to a new low unmatched by other presidents. In a tainted tradition that has permeated our history, other presidents have not been immune to dishing out acerbic insults against one another.