Should Rick Perry be Proud Today, Because Texas has Such Business Friendly Safety and Environmental Regulations ?

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

1 post / 0 new

Texas and it's governor Rick Perry are proud that their state is so business friendly. Too much regulation ( as in safety and environmental regulation ) is not good for business. That is the selling point that Rick Perry is using when he is on the road, trying to lure successful businesses away from other states ( like California) in his race to the bottom. His selling point is that businesses must have the right to decide what is in their best interest without government interference. I wonder if any of the decision making executives were among those unfortunate people who lost their lives as a result of lax safety regulations at that fertilizer warehouse explosion in West, Texas?

Oh, by the way, before retiring, I worked as both safety and environmental manager at manufacturing plants in both Texas and California. I know how company executives like to pinch pennies, bend the rules and cheat when it comes to spending for workplace safety and environmental responsibility. Yes,Texas is much more friendly to them with their business friendly lack of regulation. But when it comes to retiring and enjoying the latter years of their lives, why do you think so many people ( including the Romneys ) chose living in a state that chooses not to let their environment go down the sewer in the name of corporate greed ?

Sacramento Dave's picture
Sacramento Dave