Playing Game Until Score is Tied

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

2 posts / 0 new

I believe there is a discussion in either Last Hours or The Prophet's Way about a tribal culture where sports played by children are not played until one team wins but rather until both teams have scored the same number of points, goals, etc. This was given as an example of certain cutures where cutthroat competition is not held to be an ideal in society. Does anybody know where I can find that story (which book, which chapter)? Maybe it's not in either book and I just heard Thom talk about it on the air. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Thanks.

JLC's picture
JLC

Comments

I can't recommend any particular book, however, in reciprocal economic systems, cooperation rather than competition is the norm. In many Native American societies, sharing was the rewarded model in childhood and a behavior learned from watching adults

A cooperative society. Video:

http://thoughtmaybe.com/ancient-futures-learning-from-ladakh/

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease"

polycarp2

Can Humanity Be Saved?

Thom plus logo As the Amazon is on fire and the Democratic Party refuses to hold a debate focused on climate change, an Australian think tank has come out with a report suggesting the possibility that climate change could destroy human civilization within as little as 30 years.