LENR: a clean, very very cheap, and super abundant energy technology

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

6 posts / 0 new

This clean energy technology using nickel and hydrogen will be emerging onto the market this year or next. According to Forbes.com it will energy "too cheap to meter." It is a silver bullet solution to cutting emissions, because people will switch rapidly to this clean energy technology, not because we dictate to them to cut emissions, but because the technology will save them money big-time. Here is a primer (I have much more material, but this is just an introduction for the sake of space):

Check out this third-party verification of a LENR reactor that will soon hit the market: http://arxiv.org/abs/1305.3913
"Given the deliberately conservative choices made in performing the measurement, we can reasonably state that the E-Cat HT is a non-conventional source of energy which lies between conventional chemical sources of energy and nuclear ones." (i.e. about five orders of magnitude more energy dense than gasoline, and a COP of almost 6).

This phenomenon (LENR) has been confirmed in hundreds of published scientific papers: http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJtallyofcol.pdf

"LENR has the demonstrated ability to produce excess amounts of energy, cleanly, without hazardous ionizing radiation, without producing nasty waste.” - Dennis Bushnell, Chief Scientist at NASA Langley Research Center

"Total replacement of fossil fuels for everything but synthetic organic chemistry." --Dr. Joseph M. Zawodny, NASA

By the way, here is a survey of some of the companies that are bringing LENR to commercialization: http://www.cleantechblog.com/blog/2011/08/the-new-breed-of-energy-cataly...

For those who still aren't convinced, here is a paper I wrote that contains some pretty convincing evidence: http://coldfusionnow.org/the-evidence-for-lenr/

One of the largest semi-conductor manufacturers in the world ST Microelectronics with an annual turnover of $8 Billion has just filed a patent for a LENR reactor, joining the list of companies in the LENR business: http://www.google.com/patents/US20130243143

Brad Arnold
3033 Monterey Av
St Louis Park, MN 55416
952-924-0076
dobermanmacleod@gmail.com

dobermanmacleod's picture
dobermanmacleod

Comments

Cold fusion again? If it works it is the end of the current world economy and status quo. A big if.

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76

If they can't make big money off of it they will squash it. They being big oil Koch brothers and others.

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

"Too cheap to meter". Where have we heard that before? "Too cheap to meter" translates to "not enough profit" which can be abbreviated as DOA. When Germany starts jumping on that bandwagon, I'd be more inclined to not dismiss it outright. They have an energy plan that truly approaches the too cheap to meter concept.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood

Remember...they killed the first round of electric cars. Couldn't have them taking off. People seemed to like them too much. People just wouldn't need gas! Would cut right into their profit margin. I just hope the companies that take out patents aren't owned by people like the Koch brothers because the patents will be bought all right but just so they can be shelved.

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Before we get too far into dream land, like to point out that e-cat has been harshly discredited. There were request for additional information for independent confirmation of the claim and performance. "Inventor" refused to give out details of his "secret sauce" that made the fusion possible. His claim was that his invention would be stolen... There were other major problems from technical standpoint. Almost all nuclear reaction produce gamma, beta and alpha particles (for certain reactions not all) but none were detected at correct energy level. Gamma radiation for each type of nuclear reaction produce certain range of energy for the gamma rays.

Simply e-Cat is another scam.

We are always interested in new and innovative means to nuclear fusion, but pure chemical reaction lacks the energy required for fusion by about five to six order of magnitude (see activation energy or Arrhenius equation to understand theory of reactions). This is another reason why fusion and fission reactions are so appealing over chemical. six to seven orders of magnitude greater energy creation over chemical.

----------------

I'll repeat from my other post, Tokomak is big science. big payoff for the contractors who build the beheamoth, big payoff for thousands of scientist working on it along with engineers and technicians. But will it ever be able to produe power for the hungry human race? probably not. National Ignition Facility falls in same catagory as tokomak.

Stuff in test tube with transition metal or metal matrix compound, nano particles with hydrogen ion (protium) or deutrium to initiate fusion is possible at very low reaction rate but it isn't enough for power generation. Nickel-hydrogen fusion at room temperature is possible but that probablity is probably the same as the probability of all the gas molecue in your room to suddenly gather in a corner of your room.

If you are really interested in "LENR" see polywell and focus plasma fusion. I'll keep an open mind to both.

But really, solar and other renewable is the way to go. BTW, in yesterday (Oct 7) program Thom was talking about 41% efficiency for PV cell. I went huh?? it has to be triple junction III-V compund solar cells. Sure enough it was. Designed for concentrated PV cell application. well... it will be long time coming before it is economically viable. Silicon is so much cheaper and safer to handle. triple juntion solar cells are the stuff used for space where weight is premium (costs well over $1000 per pound to put things in orbit).

smilingcat

How To Bring Back A Middle Class

Thom plus logo From the 1930s to the Reagan Revolution, America grew the largest and most robust middle class in history. Along with strong unions, the main driver of that was that people earning more than about $10 million in today's money confronted a top tax rate of 91% until the 60s, and 67% until Reagan came into office.