Help!!

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

2 posts / 0 new

hello! I don't know if this is the right subject board to post this, so apologies if I should be elsewhere. I am a 42 yr old uk woman and think I am going out of my mind. I walked out of my job yesterday for reasons that would take more than a page to record, this is what lead me to tom's book the Edison Gene. I have struggled for years with hyperactity, concentration, making mistakes subsequently leading to bullying, ostracising , humiliation - the list is endless as you are probably aware. I think I have an attention defecit problem. I have been to my gp who says as an adult I can not be diagnosed. Over the last three years I have been moved from department to department at work due to bullying because of the mistakes I have made - the bully's have never been questioned, I am a secretary pa, currently for our service manager in the health service ( it's actually the same department but in different locations- everyone knows each other) and for some reason I make menial mistakes and as time goes on and with each department I am faced with hr policies for reasons such as "inability to follow simple instructions", capability ( lack of) I am monitored constantly whether under policy or not, this makes me very anxious and the mistakes get worse, leading me to get upset as I think I am a stupid idiot. I do not have any children due to unforeseen medical reasons but have a supportive partner. I am currently going through the change of life which isn't helping. I have tried exercise, vitamins, diet, meditation, gp gave me fluoxetine which for years I was against, but had to do something, I even do mantras every day before work so I don't make an error. I am however very creative and resourceful - if it can be made I'll make it and not buy it, I am eccentric, and fun to be around even though I have my demons. when I was younger I was put back a year at primary school,struggled in class, was disruptive, non conforming. Experimented with all types of drugs and alcohol. Does this sound familiar!!So here I am again, helpless. I can't afford a private psychiatrist. I have worn my heart on my sleeve a bit here and I apologise for going on a bit but would really appreciate some advice as I do feel isolated in a world of puppets where nobody understands.

thank you

Julieh12's picture
Julieh12

Comments

I wish that I could help but I'm not qualified for something like this. You sound like you definitely need some professional help. I think you should not give up on seeking that help based on your ability to pay for it. Keep searching with the help of a community health department near you and don't think that there's nobody who cares. I do, and I don't even know you. Keep your chin up and good luck.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

What Do Democrats Really Want?

Thom plus logo Thomas Friedman, the confused billionaire, told us decades ago that "free trade" is what made the Lexus a successful product when, in fact, it was decades of Japanese government subsidies and explicit tariffs that did so.