Countess of Hamptons

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

3 posts / 0 new

-7-best-revenge-stories-in-literature

If anyone likes revenge or feels as one with a character that exacts revenge the link has some famous with The Count of Monte Christo often touted as the hallmark standard. A Netflix show is a Monte Christo tale set in the Hamptons with 2011 tech. The antagonist is a gal (that's why countess in the title) that was wronged as a child. It is even called Revenge. I clicked on the Netflix and "Because you watched Gossip Girl" you might like this. Well, I don't but my daughter does, watch Gossip Girl. I watched it anyhow and liked it. Revenge is often described as sweet, and it is one emotion that is clear, crystal clear. Unlike hate, that comes with shades of ambiguity if you ever really experience it. Revenge and Karma are kissing cousins or siblings. Karma is polite revenge that one can take pleasure in with plausable deniability that one caused the misfortune that befell the one most deserving of it.

Dumas wrote an amazing network of interconnected characters, the tv show has not yet in 7 episodes, but surprises do unfold. The Countess will always have the audience behind her because of flashbacks of the child and her abuser due soon for his/her comeuppance. Anyhow for a dose of revenge that brings a smile, check it out. Is it a wicked smile? Nah

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Comments

Revenge is a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance, be it real or perceived. It is also called payback, retribution, retaliation or vengeance; it may be characterized as a form of justice (not to be confused with retributive justice), an altruistic action which enforces societal or moral justice aside from the legal system. Francis Bacon described it as a kind of "wild justice" that "does... offend the law [and] putteth the law out of office".[1]

Revenge as altruistic is like payback can be returning a favor or exacting justice. Is it two sides of the same coin or a Janus coin? January is named after Janus, the year can begin anew in retaliation or forgiveness. Forgiveness without justice is enabling, and leads to more harm.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

-CountOfMonteCristoRelations.svg.png

Oh what a tangled web.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Trump and His Billionaire Buddies Plot to Destroy Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid

Thom plus logo Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid are officially in the crosshairs of the Trump administration, and they intend to go after them this year.