TV Intrigue

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

5 posts / 0 new

I have posted a couple shows I enjoy an here's another. It's on Netflix in our region and I think US, too. 2 seasons worth so one can resolve cliff hangers and ongoing cases without interuption. Crossing Lines is a French series, an ICC International Criminal Court drama with an American, Irish, French, Italian, Dutch, and Russian figures and locations (I might be biased in my eval) . The incountry scenes are cool anyhow from a tourist pov, then small euro towns vs major centers are interesting. Donald Southerland stars. 2nd season a Dutch black girl cop is introduced after the first season's asian cop was killed off. The Hague is the center of operations for ICC [which the US will not sign onto-we like to break the law whenever we want, we're 'mericans]

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Comments

btw, they don't shoot the perps unless they are at risk. US cops were confused when ICC arrested instead of killing, 'They had a gun!' There is a touch of political intrigue. The French remember freedom fries when they didn't join the Iraq clusterfrack.

If you are feeling guilty of an onset of smug, a dose of this show will ward it off.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

The funny thing about "Crossing Lines" is that it played on NBC for season one but not for season two. Apparently it is a very popular show in Europe. Another UK crime series on Netflix worth a watch is "The Fall" and the second season is now available.

captbebops's picture
captbebops
Quote captbebops:

The funny thing about "Crossing Lines" is that it played on NBC for season one but not for season two. Apparently it is a very popular show in Europe. Another UK crime series on Netflix worth a watch is "The Fall" and the second season is now available.

Was it going up against Duck Dynasty? Maybe NRA was against it, there IS less gunfire than us crime dramas have.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee
Quote douglaslee:
Quote captbebops:

Was it going up against Duck Dynasty? Maybe NRA was against it, there IS less gunfire than us crime dramas have.

I guess it wasn't drawing the numbers. But it was good that NBC tried a European produced series but then againt that was in the summer. Besides we like commercial free Netflix don't we?

Another UK series I've been "buying" is "Babylon". If you haven't cut the cable and have the Sundance Channel you can't find it there. My bet it will be on Netflix around March. It's a 7 part series, the pilot is free on the various streaming pay outlets. The creator is Danny Boyle and stars Brit Marling.

captbebops's picture
captbebops

The Thom Hartmann Program Newsletter Tuesday 21 January 2020

• Democracy Itself Is On Trial... Alexander Hamilton's Thoughts on Abuse of Power as Cause For Impeachment...
  • Democracy on Trial... Thom's Take & Your Calls Along w/LIVE coverage of the Senate Impeachment Trial of Donald Trump...