Ode to Forrest

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

3 posts / 0 new

I kind of identify with Forrest Gump, a dumbass that has good fortune bestowed upon him.

I really don't mind if you call me Forrest

I think it's better than be called a florist

I don't know why but at the end of the day

It's probably because it sounds so gay

Even that's ok at long as I'm not a whoreist*

*not a lot of rhymes for Forrest, but Neologology or neologistics *(both the study of neologisms) offers salvation or at least respite.

Whoreist is one which specializes in whores

Chorist is a chorus member's understudy

Goreist is an environmentalist

Norist is a negative alternativist (I say 'or' you say 'nor')

Sorest is the partner after a trist that has the last word

Torist is an American that can't understand french 'ou' pronunciation

Warist is any GOP memer

Yorist is one obsessed with yore or the past

They all rhyme with Forrest (my saint)

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Comments

That's how I think of my two congnitvely disabled children-- Dumbasses. That, or retards.

stwo's picture
stwo

Matchbox 20, and Sister Hazel were linked on my Pandora channel for Shawn Mullins, then I switched to Poco, my Buffalo Springfield/CSNY bias, and Stevie Nicks was offered. then Greg Allman. Damn, it's all good. I just feed it from laptop via USB WiFi to a remote base and treble pair. Jackson Browne just came up. This service knows my taste!

I let Amazon track my searches and purchases, too. Being offered a book is different than being prompted for penis enlargement or erection pills, at least for me it is.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

The Supreme Court Broke Politics - How Do We Now Reform the Supreme Court?

Thom plus logo We complain about the state of American politics; about a mentally ill billionaire in the White House and a Republican Party crawling with hustlers and conmen, and a few in the Democratic Party as well. The complaints are legitimate, but most people don't realize why the situation is as bad as it is.