Pete's Britches

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

1 post / 0 new

My grandmother could recite this whole thing from memory too. Pete's Britches.

When I was in third grade a girl, a cute little red head (like Charlie Brown's crush) memorized /little_orphant_annie. by James Whitcomb Riley. She did it dressed in bib overalls and a Tom Sawyer straw hat. She poked her head out from the curtains with the edges pinching her hat then the recital began. She was animated when the "Washin the dishes" line came and she did exactly that. When "The goblins will get ya iffin ya don't watch out" line came, her eyes were as big as ping pong balls. Janine Clark was my frst crush. I memorized and recited JFK's innaugural speach, "The Torch is Passed" for the class to make an impression. We used to do poetry recitals or whatever talent one had. That was the year JFK was shot.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

The Supreme Court Broke Politics - How Do We Now Reform the Supreme Court?

Thom plus logo We complain about the state of American politics; about a mentally ill billionaire in the White House and a Republican Party crawling with hustlers and conmen, and a few in the Democratic Party as well. The complaints are legitimate, but most people don't realize why the situation is as bad as it is.