contributions to Bernie Sanders

On July 23, 2016, we discontinued our forums. We ask our members to please join us in our new community site, The Hartmann Report. Please note that you will have to register a new account on The Hartmann Report.

2 posts / 0 new

I want to donate as much as possible, for me, to Bernie. What are the rules? I've gotten mailings from Bernie saying a limit of $200 per election cycle. Is that, like, once every 4 years for a senator or total for his presidetial run and anything else I've donated to him over some period of time? I could probably go the $200, but not much more unless I can do more over the whole period of the 2016 campaign. But I see other information saying I'm not limited to $200, but a much bigger amount, which unfortunately I can't swing. I'm one of those "small donors". I got emails from Bernie for 2016 and Friends of Bernie that are Act Blue and they have donation bullets for as much as $500. I'm confused. What are the rules? I tried to google question and got confusing links to fec rules. If anyone knows a simple answer for me and where my money would do the best good I'd totally appreciate it. Campaign finance isn't my strong point obviously. Sharon

sharooie's picture
sharooie

Comments

I don't have the answer to your question but I too got the Act Blue email and donated. I wish Elizabeth Warren AND Berine Sanders were running TOGETHER but it seems that Elizabeth Warren isn't interested in becoming president even though I think she would be an awesome president especially with Bernie Sanders at her side.

So with that said, I WILL support Bernie Sanders!

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Trump's Lies Are Killing Us

Thom plus logo Donald Trump keeps insisting in his rallies, as he did last night, that he has lowered prescription drug prices, is protecting people with pre-existing conditions, and is improving Medicare. While everybody knows that he lies a lot, these are among the most pernicious lies.